Sponsored by:

Credit where credit is due: Great dealer service

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2020, 06:08 PM
digitalwiz
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Credit where credit is due: Great dealer service

About a month ago, I purchased a beautiful and new to me 17 Miami Blue 911 from Porsche Marin. During the socially distanced purchase, I noticed what appeared to be microfractures throughout the left headlight, but forgot to mention it to my salesperson. It was only after I learned from this forum that the microfractures in the headlight covers are a known issue that I remembered the headlamp and raised the issue with the dealer.

They were immediately open to the issue, noting that they had already seen a few examples in the last few years. I sent them up close photos of the left headlight. Compounding the issue, was some existing swirl marks on the headlights where it appears that someone tried to buff the plastic. Porsche Marin was very transparent and forthcoming about the difficulty of trying to get Porsche to cover the headlight when the apparent buffing could possibly be interpreted by Porsche as the cause of the microfractures.

I appreciated them trying to set reasonable expectations. They asked me to bring the car in. I did and they said they would try to run it through Porsche's warranty but that they would likely get push back from Porsche. When I returned home, I decided to review the photos of the car from the day of purchase, prior to leaving the lot. The photos vaguely showed the swirl marks, or light reflecting across them, when using an extreme close-in view.

The dealer promptly responded that regardless of what Porsche would do, they would take care of the headlight replacement. I have to say that I am very pleased and impressed with their service and deference to taking care of a customer in a somewhat murky situation.

I had a wonderful purchase experience, and while they could have denied the repair, they made the choice to take care of the issue. I couldn't be happier with Porsche Marin and I highly recommend them.

Kudos to Porsche Marin.

Last edited by digitalwiz; 11-12-2020 at 06:09 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by digitalwiz:
Pavegeno928 (11-12-2020), Wolpertinger (11-12-2020)
Old 11-12-2020, 07:13 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,142 Likes on 642 Posts

One would expect ALL Porsche dealers to handle this situation with the same approach. It's a Porsche not a Mazda...

But knowing this dealer in particular chose to act in favor of the customer deserves recognition.
Old 11-12-2020, 07:41 PM
NF4710
Pro

Received 197 Likes on 122 Posts

Glad to hear there are dealers out there with scruples! Wish I lived near one.

Cheers,
NF

Quick Reply: Credit where credit is due: Great dealer service