Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Value Advice on Supercharging

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 01:35 PM
rjongco
Rennlist Member

Received 266 Likes on 125 Posts

Sounds like the only reason to go for the sc is if you don’t ever plan on getting rid of the car.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:48 PM
Phattymcgee
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by rugu6869
It seems that you're in a completely different situation that most that are considering a supercharger.

Most that are considering a supercharger have their cars for a while and absolutely love them and would like to keep them long-term. They'd just like to take the next step in power and spending $15K on the supercharger will get them to exactly where they want to be.

You, on the other hand, have the option of going to a factory turbo car, that will more than likely out-perform the aftermarket supercharged car. It doesn't seem that you're married to your current car if this is the option on the table.

With this in mind, I would recommend you go for the turbo and sell your current car. If you were saying different things regarding wanting to keep your car and enjoy it, it would be a different answer.
Remember, the SC is completely reversible, so you could remove it and sell it separately if you were to go that direction - just pointing this out for those considering the SC route.

Also, I did a quick search for Agate Grey TT's:
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...paign=atempest
MSRP of $196K!
https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP0AD2A95HS166712/
Thank you for the thorough post. There is an Agate Grey TTs can for sale 7 miles from my house. I thought it was the one until I saw the red interior. I really dislike the red interior. One thing I should point out is I LOVE the Alcantara interior of mine. It is perfect and really shows no wear.

I did more reading up on 991.1 Turbo S vs 991.2 Turbo S and from a performance stand point I can’t really say there is a big difference. The 991.2 has better electronics but I don’t see the price justification between a 2015 and 2017. I need to cross post in the Turbo section to learn what I am missing between the two.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:53 PM
Phattymcgee
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by rjongco
Sounds like the only reason to go for the sc is if you don’t ever plan on getting rid of the car.
I would agree. I have also learned there are two very different P car buyers in the market. The 911 community is very different than the BMW one I came from. It almost like when I quit drinking Bush Lite and went to Stella. Crap I am getting old.

Quick Reply: Value Advice on Supercharging