Sponsored by:

CPO warranty transfer auto consignment

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 02:50 PM
spiderv6
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by inkare
I've only leased cars up to this point so I don't have experience with title transfer. So does the dealer give me the title of the car in the name of the previous owner? Am I responsible for having to change the title under my name?

Essentially how would I get the title under CPO owners name?
CPO is assigned to the car not the owner. That's the opaque piece around how PCNA would figure out how you bought the car.

I would agree with the opinions above though, this is effectively owner-to-owner so you should be good.
The following users liked this post:
Rich_Jenkins (10-21-2020)
Old 10-21-2020, 02:51 PM
Rich_Jenkins
Rennlist Member

Received 718 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmiejam
It's a consignment car. The dealer is representing/selling for the OWNER, taking a fee/cut for the sale. You should have no issues as you are buying from the owner.
As regards CPO, agree 100%.
Old 10-22-2020, 04:33 PM
inkare
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would you guys advise to do a PPI prior to buying a CPO car or it's reasonable to skip it?
Old 10-22-2020, 04:50 PM
991.1 Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 930 Likes on 489 Posts

Would you guys advise to do a PPI prior to buying a CPO car or it's reasonable to skip it?
I would because mine had issues that had to be fixed
Old 10-22-2020, 05:30 PM
Rich_Jenkins
Rennlist Member

Yes.
Old 10-22-2020, 06:51 PM
inkare
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I've probably beat this to death. But I spoke to the dealership, asked him if I get the title with CPO owners name directly after I pay. He said no, you get a temporary registration and title will be mailed. I asked why, he said because you're financing. I asked what if I were to pay in cash, he was persistent that they can't give me the title and it will be mailed. What does this mean in terms of the CPO warranty? Still expected to be honored?

Old 10-22-2020, 09:47 PM
Furrry
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Tell him you want to manage the registration, then you'll save on the doc fee and he'll give you the original title with the PO's name to take to the DMV and register yourself
Old 10-23-2020, 08:33 AM
Rich_Jenkins
Rennlist Member

I know I've probably beat this to death. But I spoke to the dealership, asked him if I get the title with CPO owners name directly after I pay. He said no, you get a temporary registration and title will be mailed. I asked why, he said because you're financing. I asked what if I were to pay in cash, he was persistent that they can't give me the title and it will be mailed. What does this mean in terms of the CPO warranty? Still expected to be honored?
That does not sound unusual to me. If you are financing, the financing company usually has say over the title. In fact I've typically only received the paper title in the past when financing after the car was paid off. So I would not worry too much.

As regards CPO transfer, you would probably be best served by calling Porsche NA direct and discussing the warranty with them. They will have the most up to date and correct information. All of us here on the forum can give you our opinion, but none of us are paying for your car, either. FWIW I don't believe there'd be any connection between your financing choice and the CPO. One's through your bank and one's through PCNA.
Old 10-23-2020, 10:50 AM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins
FWIW I don't believe there'd be any connection between your financing choice and the CPO. One's through your bank and one's through PCNA.
100%

Quick Reply: CPO warranty transfer auto consignment