Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Latest Experience at a Porsche dealer

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2020 | 07:55 PM
digitalwiz
Instructor

Originally Posted by rubycaymanr
I bought 2 Porsches from them so you would think they would treat me right......
Sales and service are unrelated business units in a dealer. Both have sales targets and work agressively, and sometimes dishonestly, to meet them. I would just drop their GM a voicemail letting them know the obvious untruth you were told and that your're going elsewhere, not giving them a chance to walk it back. Also, that's the last time you'll buy a car from them. Porsche isn't exactly high volume and losing a sales and service customer to a competitor should send the right message that dishonestly isn't a good business strategy.

I know, I know, if they get away with it more often than not, they'll keep doing it. just saying.
Old 10-28-2020 | 12:10 AM
fnckr
Rennlist Member

Just an update. The service manager read this thread and made it right. Turns out there was indeed gravel in the shroud of the cooling fan. They cleaned everything out at no charge. Thank you .......Warrington
Why did he read this thread? Did you direct him here, or did he discover it on his own? If he reads the forums and found on his own, than I’m happy to hear someone at any level of Porsche is reading and reacting.
Old 10-28-2020 | 01:23 AM
BSO
Three Wheelin'

Just an update. The service manager read this thread and made it right. Turns out there was indeed gravel in the shroud of the cooling fan. They cleaned everything out at no charge. Thank you .......Warrington
Like I posted before, everyone should make a point of checking their cooling fan shrouds for gravel as part of regular maintenance.

Glad it was resolved.
Old 10-28-2020 | 07:43 AM
rubycaymanr
Rennlist Member

He is a porsche fan and he read this on his own
The following 2 users liked this post by rubycaymanr:
fnckr (11-10-2020), shammerman (10-28-2020)

Quick Reply: Latest Experience at a Porsche dealer