Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 CPO Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2020 | 02:33 PM
Topaz32
AutoX

Default 991.2 CPO Question

Recently purchased a 2017 991 as a CPO car. Should I have received some paperwork from the dealer stating it is a CPO car?

Should I have received the report of the CPO inspection?

Purchased from a well known Porsche dealer so I don't think I have to be worried but a call to the dealership has not been returned.

CARFAX shows it sold as a CPO car.

Thanks for the help.

Have found the members input on the site very helpful in making my decision.

The following users liked this post:
GT3FZS (09-24-2020)
Old 09-24-2020 | 02:45 PM
SFernando
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Topaz32
Recently purchased a 2017 991 as a CPO car. Should I have received some paperwork from the dealer stating it is a CPO car?

Should I have received the report of the CPO inspection?

Purchased from a well known Porsche dealer so I don't think I have to be worried but a call to the dealership has not been returned.

CARFAX shows it sold as a CPO car.

Thanks for the help.

Have found the members input on the site very helpful in making my decision.

I received a copy of the CPO inspection report when I purchased my 2017 991.2 some months back. I did not get specific paperwork documenting CPO. I called Porsche USA and asked them to send me an email confirming the CPO status and dates, which they did with a minimum of fuss.

Congrats on your new ride--looks great!
Topaz32 (09-24-2020)
Old 09-24-2020 | 02:50 PM
Norge911
Rennlist Member

Porsche or dealer will send you a plastic card size of CC with your name, VIN, model year and model, state certified ore owned.
The following 3 users liked this post by Norge911:
ducktails (09-25-2020), GT3FZS (09-24-2020), Topaz32 (09-24-2020)
Old 09-24-2020 | 03:08 PM
Topaz32
AutoX

Thanks for the reply. Appreciate you comments
Old 09-24-2020 | 03:29 PM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

I got the full service report on my 911 of what was done for CPO, ask the dealer and you will get it.
This is what will be coming to you, I keep mine in the center console

Topaz32 (09-24-2020)
Old 09-24-2020 | 06:52 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Yes, you should get paperwork and also the inspection form. But as mentioned, PCNA will send you a welcome kit with everything in about a month.
Old 09-24-2020 | 07:48 PM
Yc911Kid
Rennlist Member

Got inspection papers on spot & the cpo kit box after 6-8wks from pcna
Old 09-25-2020 | 03:59 AM
r00t61
Pro

As others have said, you'll get your "official" CPO package from PCNA in about a month.

That package, however, doesn't include the actual CPO inspection paperwork that you're asking about. Your selling dealer will have that. Did you ask them for it during the sales process? It sounds like, at least initially, you did not.

For both my CPO cars, I asked for and received these documents during the initial sales negotiation (Porsche of Highland Park and Porsche of Carlsbad, respectively).

In any event, you should contact them again. If they are a quality dealer, they should be happy to oblige you. If they balk or continue to blow you off for whatever reason, they failed the test, and I would cross them off my list the next time you need service.
Rich_Jenkins (09-25-2020)
Old 09-25-2020 | 07:48 AM
Rich_Jenkins
Rennlist Member

Apparently some dealers do, some dealers don't, provide the CPO inspection report to buyers.

Mine (bought June '19) was offered as CPO. I received no inspection or confirmation in writing at the time money changed hands (my bad). After the fact I asked for this from the dealer, but didn't get anywhere for several days. I had to escalate this request to the sales manager, who eventually sent me a screen shot from their computer showing the CPO warranty expiry date.

About 7 weeks later, I received my welcome pack from PCNA Atlanta (below). I will say it seems that some dealers wait to submit their CPO paperwork to Atlanta, which may explain the different timings of receipt of CPO package to the owner; I don't know. I was concerned enough in my case, leaving the dealership with zip for paperwork, to contact PCNA separately. A day or so later I received a polite email indicating that my car was, indeed, CPO according to their records.

If I had to do it over again, I'd say the process outlined by @r00t61 is a good one to model. At the very least, I would ask, what is the exact CPO expiration date. That way, they have to give you an answer on the original warranty period (4 years) plus the CPO extension (+2 years).

Last edited by Rich_Jenkins; 09-25-2020 at 07:51 AM.
Old 09-25-2020 | 08:09 AM
Restore
Advanced

I got the written CPO report at the time of sale from the (different) dealers at the time of delivery the last three cars, without asking. That said it "is what it is" which is to say what is it not? Well on our CPO'd 9Y0 there were external B-pillar moldings not sitting flush and lifting leather on the dashboard that the selling dealer didn't catch or disclose. I had these replaced under warranty but without the car for a week. On the 991.2 there were door dings and a seatbelt rattle also not disclosed. I am still waiting 3 months later for PDR reimbursement. So, CPO is great for the usual stuff but basically covers literally a blind eye to the obvious things a Porsche driver would care about. I mean, low washer fluid gets fixed but obvious rattles or cosmetic things ignored? Come on!
Old 09-25-2020 | 08:27 AM
mrpat3l
Advanced

As others have stated you should recieve a welcome kit in the mail with the CPO card, I think I got mine a month after purchase.
The dealer should have provided a CPO inspection sheet at the time of purchase to demonstrate they've checked all the required items.
Old 09-25-2020 | 11:19 AM
Pb Pedis
Rennlist Member

I think I win the contest for the *longest* wait time on the Welcome Kit - 4 months after purchase!!
Old 09-25-2020 | 11:21 AM
dannyss
Racer

For the car I bought I asked for the CPO inspection report, they gave it to me right there and then. Based on the reports I was able to negotiate a full set of replacement tires in addition to the tires already on the car. The report indicated that the rears were at the limit of 3mm and fronts were at 4mm. So sales manager (sales guys were in quarantine due to visit to Porsche LA) ordered new tires and gave them to me, they're in the basement waiting for their turn
But I have not received the CPO package yet, 3.5 months and counting.

Last edited by dannyss; 09-25-2020 at 11:22 AM.
Old 09-25-2020 | 11:51 AM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

I would caution you that I had a Porsche dealership try to sell me a car that they deemed was CPO. Upon having it PPO inspected by a reputable independent mechanic, it was found to have several issues that would have never allowed the vehicle to qualify as CPO. In particular, all 4 brakes had only about 40% remaining, and the front tires were in very poor condition. Additionally, the exhaust bolts were rusted. I asked the dealer to correct the issues and they told me there was no need to and in the eyes of their "certified technicians", the car was good to go. They would not provide me with an inspection report - only the blank worksheet. So I walked away from the deal.
The reason I tell you this is because the dealer had an obligation to bring the car up to a minimum standard for CPO sale and they were not willing to do so. Had I taken delivery, I would have been on the hook for at minimum the 3 expenses I've mentioned here (tires, brakes, and exhaust bolts) since those are not covered by CPO.
maschinetheist (09-29-2020)
Old 09-25-2020 | 11:53 AM
Der Tgr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pb Pedis
I think I win the contest for the *longest* wait time on the Welcome Kit - 4 months after purchase!!
I got that beat. I purchased my CPO 991.1 in June 2019, and got a statement of certification and a copy of CPO inspection report from the dealer. To date I haven't received anything from PCNA - no welcome kit, no card, no letter. I have, however, had work completed that was covered under CPO warranty.

Quick Reply: 991.2 CPO Question