Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What’s involved in a 991 C4S Wheel alignment? Can a franchise store take care of it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2020, 08:35 PM
Fr3nch
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Just to close this out. I figured since I was on a road trip, big o couldn’t hurt for $100. They’d at least get close and I could have it done well when I get back. Turns out that was a horrible idea.

Their alignment took 15 minutes. Enough time to leave dirty finger prints on my white car. Not enough time to tighten all the camber bolts.

Seriously. Took it into the dealer when I got back. They found a lose camber bolt, which was causing instability at freeway speeds. And the alignment was totally off.

never again.
Old 10-03-2020, 09:01 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,915 Likes on 1,186 Posts

Originally Posted by Fr3nch
Just to close this out. I figured since I was on a road trip, big o couldn’t hurt for $100. They’d at least get close and I could have it done well when I get back. Turns out that was a horrible idea.

Their alignment took 15 minutes. Enough time to leave dirty finger prints on my white car. Not enough time to tighten all the camber bolts.

Seriously. Took it into the dealer when I got back. They found a lose camber bolt, which was causing instability at freeway speeds. And the alignment was totally off.

never again.
Leave an appropriate google review...
Old 10-03-2020, 09:14 PM
Fr3nch
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by asellus
Leave an appropriate google review...
Already done.

Quick Reply: What’s involved in a 991 C4S Wheel alignment? Can a franchise store take care of it?