Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bronze wheels on Carmine Red 991.2 GTS? Too weird?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2020, 02:44 PM
ExternalGPU
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by ddodds
I went through this a few years back when purchasing my Hre wheels. I originally decided on satin bronze for my black 991s and loved them. Flash forward a few years and I decided I needed a new look for my car, so I sent them back to HRE to be refinished in brushed dark clear.
How much does refinished cost? How long does it take?

Were you looking for something unique when u picked satin bronze in the first place? And then got bored of it? Or you just simply wanted a new look?
Old 08-29-2020, 03:39 PM
AF330i
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Your car looks so good as is I wouldn’t change a thing .., with that said if you go with the Bronze it might be a really good look !!
The following users liked this post:
ExternalGPU (08-29-2020)
Old 08-29-2020, 03:50 PM
ExternalGPU
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AF330i
Your car looks so good as is I wouldn’t change a thing .., with that said if you go with the Bronze it might be a really good look !!
Aw Thank you.

It does look good. I wasn't looking to change the wheels at first. I wanted to tune the car and change the rubber to ps4s. The tuner said I might as well change the rims to a lighter and cooler set. So I went along with it.

I might not go for the bronze anymore. I'll probably go for the Brushed Dark Clear. hmmmm. I'll surely post in this sub again when the first stage is conplete.
Old 08-29-2020, 05:42 PM
ddodds
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by ExternalGPU
How much does refinished cost? How long does it take?

Were you looking for something unique when u picked satin bronze in the first place? And then got bored of it? Or you just simply wanted a new look?
When I first purchased satin bronze I was looking for something unique and bronze wasn't as prevalent as it seems today. Imho changing the wheels is almost like getting a new car as it totally changes the look. Getting HRE to refinish them wasn't cheap, I think I paid around $400/wheel for the brushed finish. If you have someone other than Hre refinish them the warranty is voided. I will say that my customer experience with Hre was top notch. In all, I think the refinishing process took about 4 weeks including shipping.

Last edited by ddodds; 08-29-2020 at 05:51 PM.
Old 08-29-2020, 07:04 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,464 Likes on 918 Posts

I originally considered bronze wheels for my Mahogany Metallic car, but ultimately I decided that they were too dark. I went with a champagne gloss clear coat to add a little contrast. HRE makes a nice finish called Frozen Rose Bronze. I almost went with that because it was lighter than most other bronze finishes.
Old 08-29-2020, 08:23 PM
rubycaymanr
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts

I have a carmine 991.2 GTS and love the original black wheels, it matches all of the black accents
Old 09-03-2020, 11:12 AM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 967 Likes on 485 Posts

Brushed Dark Clear would look stunning against carmine red. The 991.1 Carrera S will give you a really good look at how that color works on a red 911.

We are HRE's largest dealer in the world so we've seen more setups than anyone else. If you reach out to me directly I can get more in depth and guide you towards the right finish for you. Also, I'll be able to help you out with a deal that nobody else can.

More photos at -
https://wheelsboutique.com/gallery/p...-s-on-hre-p101

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
The following users liked this post:
Wrtflyr (09-06-2020)

Quick Reply: Bronze wheels on Carmine Red 991.2 GTS? Too weird?