Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bronze wheels on Carmine Red 991.2 GTS? Too weird?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2020 | 08:11 AM
ExternalGPU
Advanced

Default Bronze wheels on Carmine Red 991.2 GTS? Too weird?

Hi

As a part of me upgrading my GTS, wheels are one of them.

I am interested in the HRE https://www.hrewheels.com/wheels/ser...01-lightweight
The only issue is... what colour?

Would bronze be too much? This particular bronze; Satin Bronze

This is the car that got me thinking about the Satin Bronze. I am not sure which color this one has but it is close to Satin Bronze.

Besides that. These are colours that i am also considering

Brushed dark clear

Satin Charcoal

Satin Black

This is the colour; Satin Bronze

My GTS

Old 08-29-2020 | 08:30 AM
Roswell88
Burning Brakes

First, good choice on the R101LW.

Satin bronze is a nice finish & would go well with your red car.

On the other hand, in my opinion satin bronze sometimes makes me feel it looks dirty. And I would get tired of the finish quick. Maybe glossy bronze would bring a bit of shine.

If you like brushed dark clear , here is my P101SC in that finish. I’m loving it , very easy to clean & hides dirt very well. Yes my coffee table is brushed dark clear as well lol

The following users liked this post:
Wrtflyr (08-29-2020)
Old 08-29-2020 | 08:45 AM
ExternalGPU
Advanced

Red face

Originally Posted by Roswell88
First, good choice on the R101LW.

Satin bronze is a nice finish & would go well with your red car.

On the other hand, in my opinion satin bronze sometimes makes me feel it looks dirty. And I would get tired of the finish quick. Maybe glossy bronze would bring a bit of shine.

If you like brushed dark clear , here is my P101SC in that finish. I’m loving it , very easy to clean & hides dirt very well. Yes my coffee table is brushed dark clear as well lol

Ok that looks really cool. hmmmm it's such a hard decision haha. I originally was going for the satin black if not brushed dark clear but then I stumbled onto that orange 992.
Old 08-29-2020 | 08:46 AM
medtech_expat
Instructor

Satin Bronze looks incredible against white and black. Against Carmine Red I think it would be mismatched.

+1 for BDC, it matches perfectly with your body color and there’s a depth to the finish which really stands out, but in a subtle way.
Old 08-29-2020 | 08:50 AM
ExternalGPU
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by medtech_expat
Satin Bronze looks incredible against white and black. Against Carmine Red I think it would be mismatched.

+1 for BDC, it matches perfectly with your body color and there’s a depth to the finish which really stands out, but in a subtle way.

Do you think that Brushed dark clear on my car achieve a similar vibe of this GT3RS? Now I am leaning towards this finish haha.
Old 08-29-2020 | 09:00 AM
enve46
Instructor

I had a set of satin bronze Vossens on my white RS7 and loved them. However, when they got dirty, they looked REAL dirty. Bronze on red is good but that brushed dark clear on the GT3RS looks fantastic.
Old 08-29-2020 | 09:06 AM
medtech_expat
Instructor

Originally Posted by ExternalGPU

Do you think that Brushed dark clear on my car achieve a similar vibe of this GT3RS? Now I am leaning towards this finish haha.
BDC against your car would look tremendous and still be harmonious against carmine red. It’s really tasteful, and your ceramic brakes would really pop against that background.

My GTS is GT silver, and the only reason I didn’t go full BDC is that I wanted some variation on my S101. I kept BDC on the lip and went satin charcoal on the face. Sorry, no mounted pics on my phone.

Old 08-29-2020 | 09:10 AM
Roswell88
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by enve46
I had a set of satin bronze Vossens on my white RS7 and loved them. However, when they got dirty, they looked REAL dirty. Bronze on red is good but that brushed dark clear on the GT3RS looks fantastic.
That’s exactly my thoughts , the satin bronze looks dirty fast!

Satin black would be a better choice if OP wants satin finish. But again I prefer gloss wheels lol

Old 08-29-2020 | 09:54 AM
ExternalGPU
Advanced

Lightbulb

My long run project is to achieve the 2017 RSR looks/livery without a sponsor's name.

I am not sure if the Brushed Dark Clear would negatively affect the overall looks of the car with RSR livery or not since the OG RSR has matte black rims on.

something like this Cayman T. My tuner shop says he can do that but we haven't gotten into the detail yet. I wanted to complete the first phase of modding my GTS first --> HRE wheels, stage 2 ecu, sports cats, Michelin ps4s
Old 08-29-2020 | 11:05 AM
ZerOG
Racer

The bronze would look beautiful on the dark red but because of the hue of Carmine Red, floss would be sooo much nicer than satin.
F1SML8R (08-29-2020)
Old 08-29-2020 | 01:09 PM
ddodds
Racer

I went through this a few years back when purchasing my Hre wheels. I originally decided on satin bronze for my black 991s and loved them. Flash forward a few years and I decided I needed a new look for my car, so I sent them back to HRE to be refinished in brushed dark clear.
Old 08-29-2020 | 01:17 PM
LargePuppy
Rennlist Member

I have bronze on my night blue metallic - love it!
Old 08-29-2020 | 01:24 PM
ExternalGPU
Advanced

Originally Posted by ZerOG
The bronze would look beautiful on the dark red but because of the hue of Carmine Red, floss would be sooo much nicer than satin.
Which one is floss?
Old 08-29-2020 | 01:25 PM
ExternalGPU
Advanced

Originally Posted by LargePuppy
I have bronze on my night blue metallic - love it!
That combo always looks great. Subaru Impreza vibe.
Old 08-29-2020 | 01:26 PM
medtech_expat
Instructor

Originally Posted by ExternalGPU
Which one is floss?
I think he meant “gloss”
ExternalGPU (08-29-2020)

Quick Reply: Bronze wheels on Carmine Red 991.2 GTS? Too weird?