APR PDK Tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2020, 03:27 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,261 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by garfunkle
FVD has is now FWIW.
I have the COBB PDK tune already. It increased clamp and made econ mode actually usable. So your not in 5th gear at 40km/hr.

But it did not fix the shift refusal issue. If anything it made it happen more consistently.

So i am not looking for just a PDK tune. I am specifically looking to cure the shift refusal issue.

First up in the cool morning air at the track, my car makes more power and the torque limit of PDK must get exceeded and the car refuses to make the shift. Rebs drop slightly, it re revs out and then makes the shift . It costs me time.

As the day heats up, the car heat soaks a little. Makes slightly less power, and the problem goes away.

I want to turn the power UP, not down.

I want a real fix.
Old 09-21-2020, 04:57 PM
Tyler@APR
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 120 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
I have the COBB PDK tune already. It increased clamp and made econ mode actually usable. So your not in 5th gear at 40km/hr.

But it did not fix the shift refusal issue. If anything it made it happen more consistently.

So i am not looking for just a PDK tune. I am specifically looking to cure the shift refusal issue.

First up in the cool morning air at the track, my car makes more power and the torque limit of PDK must get exceeded and the car refuses to make the shift. Rebs drop slightly, it re revs out and then makes the shift . It costs me time.

As the day heats up, the car heat soaks a little. Makes slightly less power, and the problem goes away.

I want to turn the power UP, not down.

I want a real fix.
How did you determine clutch pressure actually went up? Did you log and verify this? I have seen a couple of different PDK come through and say they increased clutch pressure when in fact they are still running the same as stock.

Lets chat more in pm and see what Arin thinks about your situation as well.
Old 10-09-2020, 07:42 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Its time. We need a PDK tune with increased clamp.. So we have an eta please?
The following users liked this post:
e46_ema (10-21-2021)
Old 10-12-2020, 03:22 PM
Tyler@APR
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Its time. We need a PDK tune with increased clamp.. So we have an eta please?
Probably End of year. Still finishing the customer delivery process and waiting till we finish our 991.2 Turbo PDK.
e46_ema (10-21-2021)
Old 10-13-2020, 12:11 PM
fsmich
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Tyler@APR
Probably End of year. Still finishing the customer delivery process and waiting till we finish our 991.2 Turbo PDK.
Will you incorporate any PDK launch tweaks into your stage1 file?
My APR 93 stg1 GTS(w/IC) bogs using launch control, just like my old Cobb protune. Getting 2 sec 60' times, 3.4sec 0-60. Trap speed of 130.9 is nice though
Old 10-13-2020, 12:25 PM
Tyler@APR
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by fsmich
Will you incorporate any PDK launch tweaks into your stage1 file?
My APR 93 stg1 GTS(w/IC) bogs using launch control, just like my old Cobb protune. Getting 2 sec 60' times, 3.4sec 0-60. Trap speed of 130.9 is nice though
Ooo yes. Launch control pdk changes is one of the big things we have added. Controlling the tcu side is very important on actually getting a good launch. I doubt the car is actually bogging, more likely spinning and then traction control intervening or the clutch letting the rpm run away from stock pdk launch control. With the pdk tune we saw 2.9 0-60 on the GTS turbo on the street and 2.8 at the track and with hybrids we got it down to 2.5 0-60. I normally run traction control sport on the street when launching. But yes the pdk tune makes a significant difference here. We will have two settings as well. Sport and Sport Plus will launch differently. Setup as a Street and Track launch.

Same thing happened with the 718 gts. stock pdk that car did 0-60 in 3.8 and with pdk it dropped to 3.35 on our stage 1 flash.
cosmo1 (10-14-2020)
Old 10-13-2020, 01:11 PM
fsmich
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Tyler@APR
Ooo yes. Launch control pdk changes is one of the big things we have added. Controlling the tcu side is very important on actually getting a good launch. I doubt the car is actually bogging, more likely spinning and then traction control intervening or the clutch letting the rpm run away from stock pdk launch control. With the pdk tune we saw 2.9 0-60 on the GTS turbo on the street and 2.8 at the track and with hybrids we got it down to 2.5 0-60. I normally run traction control sport on the street when launching. But yes the pdk tune makes a significant difference here. We will have two settings as well. Sport and Sport Plus will launch differently. Setup as a Street and Track launch.

Same thing happened with the 718 gts. stock pdk that car did 0-60 in 3.8 and with pdk it dropped to 3.35 on our stage 1 flash.
My question is will I have to buy the PDK tune to get my APR GTS 93 stg1 map to launch properly? Or will you put out a free launch control revision to my ECU tune?
By "bogging" I mean small wheel spin, car pulls power, then takes off again. Surprisingly no difference with stability on, sport, or completely off.
Old 10-13-2020, 01:17 PM
Tyler@APR
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by fsmich
My question is will I have to buy the PDK tune to get my APR GTS 93 stg1 map to launch properly? Or will you put out a free launch control revision to my ECU tune?
By "bogging" I mean small wheel spin, car pulls power, then takes off again. Surprisingly no difference with stability on, sport, or completely off.
Yeah exactly what I thought you meant especailly on the street.

Yes the PDK will have to be tuned. Most of the launch control strategy and I would say the most important parts come from the transmission. NOT from the ECU. So for the best launch with the new power output the PDK needs to be changed for the car to launch optimally.
Old 10-13-2020, 11:05 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 635 Likes on 346 Posts

FSMICH: I also have the 93 APR tune and have the same problem. I have sent in quite a few logs to try and help get the 0-60 dialed in, but I have been so busy that I haven't had the time to send them in as of late.
My 0-60 times are no better than stock, I also have an AWD car so very little wheel spin but, the ECU does something to retard the torque or HP.

The 3rd gear flutter has been eliminated with the APR tune in case anyone wants to know..

Last edited by PTS-BRG; 10-13-2020 at 11:08 PM.
Old 10-14-2020, 05:16 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
FSMICH: I also have the 93 APR tune and have the same problem. I have sent in quite a few logs to try and help get the 0-60 dialed in, but I have been so busy that I haven't had the time to send them in as of late.
My 0-60 times are no better than stock, I also have an AWD car so very little wheel spin but, the ECU does something to retard the torque or HP.

The 3rd gear flutter has been eliminated with the APR tune in case anyone wants to know..
It's hot here again now, so I don't get the shift refusal anymore. (Usually only in the cold when the car makes more torque).
With traction half off, the car is slipping the clutch in 3rd coming onto the straight. So I switch it full off now.
But I am loosing drive out of the corners. So I am looking for a mechanical one way diff.

I have stiffer front springs coming and a new updated tractive map. As well as GT3-RS side skirts.

I have now loaded up the COBB PDK "AGRESSIVE" map. I'll see if that makes any difference.

But what I really need is an APR PDK tune. Don't sing it, BRING IT!!! Hook a brother up. C'mon. If you have the Covid cure, you need to share. Happy to pay to play.
e46_ema (10-21-2021)
Old 10-14-2020, 08:35 AM
cosmo1
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

Just thought I would chime in since APR was able to fix my on going pdk issue. I have now put just over 3k miles on APR's PDK Tune and it has been perfect with zero issues even at my power and torque levels. Can't thank Tyler and Arin at APR enough for addressing this issue able to now help others.
The following 2 users liked this post by cosmo1:
e46_ema (10-21-2021), Tyler@APR (10-14-2020)
Old 10-14-2020, 09:16 AM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 635 Likes on 346 Posts

Have you had an opportunity to dragy test your 0-60 times? Wondering what numbers you are running. Also 1/4 mile. Congrats for you!!
Old 10-14-2020, 01:10 PM
Tyler@APR
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
Have you had an opportunity to dragy test your 0-60 times? Wondering what numbers you are running. Also 1/4 mile. Congrats for you!!
Cosmo's 0-60 while the car was here for development on average was a 2.9, best being a 2.8 picture attached. The 1/4 mile was a 10.18 at 139 on the Pure Hybrid E85 file.
60-130 on 93 was 6.6 and on E85 was 6.1.

PDK tuning is the real difference in the car being able to perform on the 0-60.

The 60-130 that was 6.6 was on 93.

Last edited by Tyler@APR; 10-14-2020 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-04-2021, 06:41 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Well, its the end of the year. Wondering if APR has made any progress?

PDK Tune?
Upgraded LPFP snd HPFP?

I am wanting to up grade my turbo’s. When is the next Black Friday sale for Turbo’s?

Could really use a Swan Neck wing.

A mechanical 1.5 way diff would be useful as well.

Where are we at?
Old 01-05-2021, 12:49 AM
Tyler@APR
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Well, its the end of the year. Wondering if APR has made any progress?

PDK Tune?
Upgraded LPFP snd HPFP?

I am wanting to up grade my turbo’s. When is the next Black Friday sale for Turbo’s?

Could really use a Swan Neck wing.

A mechanical 1.5 way diff would be useful as well.

Where are we at?
I am hoping for a lot in Q1 for releases for Porsche. Emissions testing has really been slowing down our timelines. But in terms of your car and platform I see Q1 PDK release and hopefully the hybrid turbo software potentially. Torture testing at the track has been going very well and allowing us to address some things with the PDK for heavy track use.

LPFP is waiting on some more hardware pieces. Pump is working but we are now working on basket starvation issues. So that is the next problem to solve at this time on that.

Hope that gives you some positive news and insight! Happy New Year to you as well!
tgavem (01-05-2021)

Quick Reply: APR PDK Tune