Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member closing on a deal for Carrera T - Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2020, 05:50 PM
R N M
Racer

Received 255 Likes on 112 Posts

My perfect spec would be the 18way seats with the T interior package in contrast stitching.
Also would prefer no sunroof but not a deal breaker.

It would be nice to have rear seats as i have 2 small kids.....
Old 08-08-2020, 07:12 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by R N M
My perfect spec would be the 18way seats with the T interior package in contrast stitching.
Also would prefer no sunroof but not a deal breaker.

It would be nice to have rear seats as i have 2 small kids.....
I would be going for sofas then 100%

Some of the fondest memories I have as a kid were in the backseat of my dad's 911
Old 08-08-2020, 07:35 PM
tyhp
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
I would be going for sofas then 100%

Some of the fondest memories I have as a kid were in the backseat of my dad's 911
100% agree. Everytime I accelerate and sharp turn and hear kids happily scream in the back is lots of fun!!
Old 08-08-2020, 09:28 PM
Carrera-T
Rennlist Member

Received 604 Likes on 245 Posts

Wait for the 7-Speed Manual. And get a car with Rear Axle Steering. As others have said the Carrera T is starting to creep up in value already, so if you find a car that fits your criteria don’t hesitate.
Old 08-08-2020, 11:39 PM
Josh(PA)
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 75 Posts

Hi RNM. We chatted on the other car board when you started looking for a sports car. I'll recommend here the same thing I said over there. 1. Definitely wait for the right manual car. 2. I'm not sure why you're set on a T model. Looking past the T model and considering a nicely equipped S or GTS really opens up your options. Coming from the BRZ and F80, any 991.2 will be a vastly different experience and scratch that sports car itch that you're looking for. What is it about the T that you're set on? Have you driven the other models?
Old 08-09-2020, 03:57 PM
Josh(PA)
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 75 Posts

2nd question.. Have you ever tried out a convertible? If you're not going to be tracking, the convertible offers a whole other layer of driving experiences over your coupes. The top on the 991 is phenomenal, really acts as a hard top with it up and gives you access to the amazine spring / fall NY weather on the good days. Plus it is WAAAYYY easier getting the little ones in the back with the top down. With the SMARTOP module, you can put the top down with the key, plop the kids in their seats, and be on your way. Might want to test drive one of those, just to get a feel. If you like it, this is a great spec in your price range:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...CALERTSEMLSRCH
add a fidelity warranty and you'll be set for years.

I had mine out today, and the combo of rowing my own gears and top down PSE noises was fan-friggin-tastic.

Last edited by Josh(PA); 08-09-2020 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-09-2020, 10:24 PM
R N M
Racer

Received 255 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh(PA)
Hi RNM. We chatted on the other car board when you started looking for a sports car. I'll recommend here the same thing I said over there. 1. Definitely wait for the right manual car. 2. I'm not sure why you're set on a T model. Looking past the T model and considering a nicely equipped S or GTS really opens up your options. Coming from the BRZ and F80, any 991.2 will be a vastly different experience and scratch that sports car itch that you're looking for. What is it about the T that you're set on? Have you driven the other models?
Ideally I would like to get a 991.1 GTS in PDK or manual. I test drove it and really liked the car a lot - especially the sound. It was so stable with the lower suspension and wider track. The negative about a 991.1 is your only getting 2yrs CPO warranty if lucky. The prices are higher than the T while the cars are older with much higher miles.

I test drove 991.2 S but have not driven a 991.2 GTS.
The S i drove was a 2017 with Sport Package. The car is definitely much faster than a base or T 991.2. The engine reminds me of my F80 M3 with how the power comes on and pushes you back. This car was a bit scary to drive as the front end is so light and steering is not heavy like BMW that it didn’t give me much confidence to go fast. I was very uneasy to step on it even. I did not have this sensation in the T or 991.1 GTS i test drove.

To answer your question - I’m not set on a T but from the package it offers with warranty and pricing- it seems to be best option.
I’m not looking for absolute straight line speed - I actually would prefer NA feeling car which base motor provides.

As far as convertible - I don’t even use sunroof on any cars so vert is a no go.
By brother has 991.2 convertible and he loves it though. I have driven it several times and it’s definitely cool experience.

Last edited by R N M; 08-09-2020 at 10:36 PM.

Quick Reply: New Member closing on a deal for Carrera T - Need Advice