Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2014 C4S Owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2020 | 06:33 PM
Bassman79
Instructor

Default New 2014 C4S Owner

I'm a new '14 C4S owner and first-time Porsche owner, and wanted to say hello. My goal was to find a 991.1 C4S coupe with manual and Sport Chrono. It took a while to find the right car, but I'm glad I waited! The car I found has a modest build but it checks all of my boxes, and even has an interesting color combo of Dark Blue Metallic over Luxor Beige. The build sheet is:

BASE 911 Carrera 4S
603 Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
640 Sport Chrono Package
653 Sunroof in glass
N4 Dark Blue Metallic
P06 Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package
P3D Premium Package (for use with Power Sport Seats)
UG Standard Interior in Luxor Beige
ZAB Ornamental Porsche Crest

I've wanted a 911 for years and have had five BMWs (ranging from an '88 325i convertible to an '18 M240i, with an '01 M5 as my favorite) and am so happy with the C4S. It does everything I want and need in a car. I already installed the Roof Transport System with a RockyMounts bike tray and will be installing a car seat for my daughter shortly. The car is engaging, docile when you want it to be, and an animal when you have the space to stretch its legs. The handling is phenomenal on my local Colorado mountain roads. I love the sound of the NA motor and the high redline, and the auto-blip in Sport+ is a treat. I could not ask for more (at least for now!) After years of owning and knowing the ins-and-outs of BMWs, learning a new car is exciting and a great experience, particularly with communities like this one.

The car I found was located in Alaska of all places and was very dirty upon arrival, so the car is currently scheduled for a thorough detail next week. Please excuse the layer of dirt in these pictures...

For anyone located the Colorado Front Range, give me a shout if you see a blue 991 C4S with a roof rack.

The following 11 users liked this post by Bassman79:
Arxigos (07-23-2020), Dennis C (07-29-2020), desmotesta (07-24-2020), kage65 (07-24-2020), marcnyc (07-22-2020), MunnyGuy (07-23-2020), r00t61 (07-24-2020), RSBro (07-24-2020), rykomatsu (07-28-2020), Scott in NC (07-23-2020), slimmn (07-26-2020) and 6 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-22-2020 | 07:30 PM
marcnyc
Instructor

Really beautiful (even dirty)! Love the color. I know you and I were looking for a similar car and this is a great one (I should be posting about mine soon too hopefully).

Enjoy and send us more pics on Colorado roads!

Old 07-23-2020 | 12:17 AM
Bassman79
Instructor

Originally Posted by marcnyc
Really beautiful (even dirty)! Love the color. I know you and I were looking for a similar car and this is a great one (I should be posting about mine soon too hopefully).

Enjoy and send us more pics on Colorado roads!
Thank you! I can't wait to see what you bring home!

Most definitely - there will be plenty of mountain road pictures to come.
Old 07-23-2020 | 06:17 PM
macanakey
Rennlist Member

My Macan was a DBM over Luxor Beige, & the 991 GTS we just replaced was Night Blue Metallic. Those blues are similar & are both gorgeous! Enjoy it in the best of health!
Old 07-23-2020 | 08:43 PM
shake1
Racer

Beautiful combo, congrats! Look forward to seeing some post detail shots.
Old 07-23-2020 | 08:47 PM
MunnyGuy
Rennlist Member

Congratulations!!! I totally understand how you feel. I’ve only been in mine a week and already put on almost 2000 kms. Washed it every other day and haven’t stopped grinning.

Beautiful car!
Old 07-24-2020 | 05:07 PM
Bassman79
Instructor

Originally Posted by MunnyGuy
Congratulations!!! I totally understand how you feel. I’ve only been in mine a week and already put on almost 2000 kms. Washed it every other day and haven’t stopped grinning.

Beautiful car!
Tell me about it! I filled it up with gas Sunday when it got here and have already drained half the tank.

Originally Posted by shake1
Beautiful combo, congrats! Look forward to seeing some post detail shots.
Thank you! More pics will most certainly be forthcoming.

Originally Posted by macanakey
My Macan was a DBM over Luxor Beige, & the 991 GTS we just replaced was Night Blue Metallic. Those blues are similar & are both gorgeous! Enjoy it in the best of health!
Thank you! The color combo is really pleasing. I didn't know what to expect from the pictures alone but, in person, it's a great combination. The darker blue hues are interesting and have personality, but still hide smudges and whatnot fairly well, unlike the black cars I've had previously where everything jumps off the paint.
Old 07-26-2020 | 05:20 PM
hawkspeed
Advanced

congrats...bought my13 c4s in 17...cpo with 27kmiles...have 55k happy miles currently...enjoy...I want the bike rack to!
Old 07-28-2020 | 07:03 PM
Bassman79
Instructor

Originally Posted by hawkspeed
congrats...bought my13 c4s in 17...cpo with 27kmiles...have 55k happy miles currently...enjoy...I want the bike rack to!
Glad you have had so many happy miles! Love the wheel choice on your car. The roof rack is very handy - highly recommended.
Old 07-29-2020 | 10:07 AM
WJGreer
Racer

Where did you take those pictures? There's an outside chance I have seen you - one of those things where the memory might have registered in the very back of my head but I didn't think about it consciously.

I live in Castle Pines, but I was up in Beaver Creek last weekend and was in Boulder and Lyons on the Sunday previous.

Also, FWIW, also a Colorado bass player and Porsche enthusiast. That can't be a very large club.

Glad you love the car. I'm hoping to get one like it for my 50th birthday next spring.
Old 07-29-2020 | 10:32 AM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

Congrats.
As is customary around here, you are required to replace the orange side markers with clear ones.
Available on Ebay, Suncoast etc.
Safe motoring...
Old 07-29-2020 | 11:41 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Congrats on the new 911! I'll look for you on the front range.

You should consider joining PCA for some local events, or Porsche Breakfast Club.
Old 07-29-2020 | 01:27 PM
Bassman79
Instructor

Originally Posted by WJGreer
Where did you take those pictures? There's an outside chance I have seen you - one of those things where the memory might have registered in the very back of my head but I didn't think about it consciously.

I live in Castle Pines, but I was up in Beaver Creek last weekend and was in Boulder and Lyons on the Sunday previous.

Also, FWIW, also a Colorado bass player and Porsche enthusiast. That can't be a very large club.

Glad you love the car. I'm hoping to get one like it for my 50th birthday next spring.
How funny is that! Not a lot of people fit that profile I'm sure. I hope you do get a C4S or something similar. I'me enjoying this one so far.

Those pics were taken at the Apex Park trailhead in Golden.

Originally Posted by duxsi
Congrats.
As is customary around here, you are required to replace the orange side markers with clear ones.
Available on Ebay, Suncoast etc.
Safe motoring...
Hah! I've actually been considering that. I think it would look much cleaner. I may do that later this Fall.

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Congrats on the new 911! I'll look for you on the front range.

You should consider joining PCA for some local events, or Porsche Breakfast Club.
Thank you! I need to find out more about the local PCA events. I've not heard of the Porsche Breakfast Club, though. I'll send you a PM about that.
Old 07-29-2020 | 04:46 PM
hawkspeed
Advanced

Hey Bassman...meant to ask you if that was the Porsche factory roof rack and bike holder...I was also curious about the sunroof...can the sunroof be opened when the rack is on?..bike on rack?..etc.
Thanks
Old 07-29-2020 | 05:16 PM
Bassman79
Instructor

Originally Posted by hawkspeed
Hey Bassman...meant to ask you if that was the Porsche factory roof rack and bike holder...I was also curious about the sunroof...can the sunroof be opened when the rack is on?..bike on rack?..etc.
Thanks
The roof rack cross bars are factory and Porsche-branded. I ordered them from Suncoast: https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU991RTS.html I looked for a used one but didn't have any luck.

The bike tray is not factory. It's from a company called RockyMounts: https://rockymounts.com/products/tomahawk I would think bike trays and any other attachments from Thule, Yakima, etc, should all fit as long as they can accommodate larger ovalized cross-bars.

I have the glass sunroof and the sunroof will tilt open with the rack on, but does not otherwise slide open because it has to lift up and then slide back, and it hits the rack towers. When it hits the rack, it automatically stops and you get about 2" of open sunroof. I think the "standard" sunroof slides back within the roof itself and should not have any problem opening, but I defer to those with that sunroof who will definitely know more and be able to confirm. Whether or not the bike is on the rack does not affect whether the sunroof opens, though. I'd say only if something hung "down" from the rack and interfered with the glass popping up would it have an affect. Snowboard and ski racks for example can mount them upside-down, where the bindings may interfere with the sunroof.

The only negative I'd say is there is some wind noise at highway speeds. But I've had roof racks for a long time and it doesn't bother me anymore.

Quick Reply: New 2014 C4S Owner