Sponsored by:

Car seat for 991.1 cab 3 year old child

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 06:48 PM
Tbounds
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Car seat for 991.1 cab 3 year old child

I am trying find a car seat for my grandchild .
I have a cabriolet 991.1 .
has anyone found one that fits in rear seats of a cabriolet nicely ? I would appreciate any advice
Old 07-10-2020, 07:16 PM
Restore
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

We're about 6 years out of car seats but still having lingering PTSD so I would say:
1. Put a towel down before placing the car seat down and buckling in so as to provide a little cushion of the hard points on the leather (don't want to make permanent marks).
2. We had Recaro car seats. They are a little tall and lean back a bit but are not horribly deep but are slightly wide not at the base but more at where arms would fall. Each seat manufacturer will have some pro/cons on the design and size. Probably most will fit but the key is leg room as the child's feet will need to clear the back of the seat (and won't be under it like a small adult's. So, the front passenger seat will need to be moved forward (on a coupe the seat top/headrest will hit the roof/visor when released forward to egress, however, unless slid back a bit but then it may require attention of the child and his/her feet to avid squishing). I haven't tried this in a 911.
3. The rear seats on a 911 are a little upright so our Recaros probably won't fit great but do get strapped hard at the lower base. If too much room is behind the back of base they can swing around a bit however. Not the best situation.
4. Consider seeing if you can borrow your grandkid's seat to try. Otherwise purchase locally (not on-line) so you can return if necessary.
Sorry I don't have specific examples. I haven't strapped my nephew in lately...hoping not to have to....
Old 07-10-2020, 07:49 PM
shake1
Racer

Agreed, protection under the seat is a must. Amazon has seat protection covers for under $20.

And you might find this thread helpful: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8653...ar-seat-6.html

Old 07-10-2020, 10:58 PM
Tbounds
Racer

Thanks good idea I have several I could try .

Quick Reply: Car seat for 991.1 cab 3 year old child