Sponsored by:

GT3 Wheels mounted on GTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2020 | 10:50 AM
BlueShell
Racer

Originally Posted by dsddcd
Love mine!

Ah man. I was pretty dead set on some bright silver GT wheels on the 911.1S. But that gold would look so good on my Sapphire Blue Porsche...
Old 07-07-2020 | 01:52 PM
BIGWORM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by LWG
I read you can also get these and get an alignment and widen the front track by .5"

https://www.elephantracing.com/porsc...tric-monoballs

Seems like an easy fix.

This is my track setup, for the street I plan to get some proper offset/sized BBS

I dont think its that easy of a fix. While the lower control arm do space the wheel out. It was my understanding that they also throw some other geometry off which requires even more parts to correct.
Old 07-07-2020 | 01:56 PM
LWG
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BIGWORM
I dont think its that easy of a fix. While the lower control arm do space the wheel out. It was my understanding that they also throw some other geometry off which requires even more parts to correct.
Just repeating what I read on another thread here. Im not sure if increasing negative camber AND increasing front track width is possible with these but Im sure Elephant Racing could answer that. I guess for full control adjustable front control arms would be the way to go.
Old 07-07-2020 | 02:30 PM
dsddcd
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LWG
Just repeating what I read on another thread here. Im not sure if increasing negative camber AND increasing front track width is possible with these but Im sure Elephant Racing could answer that. I guess for full control adjustable front control arms would be the way to go.
The front of the 9X1 are pretty simple, there are (4) connecting points, the top of the strut, the thrust arm, steering arm and the lower control arm. If you were to put in the offset lower bushing in the lower control arms you would also want to install a caster bushing in the lower control arm or you would likely have too much caster, 10-11 deg. It is not required, I have run my car with excessive caster for a while now and 99% of drivers would never notice the change. That being said the camber should be fine with the factory strut adjustment and you should have no issues with the steering rack geometry unless you lower the car. If lowering the car beyond the SPASM ride height you may want to look at purchasing an "Bump Steer" tie rod kit to correct the steering arm geometry though this should only be done by a professional with a Bump Steer Gauge Set.

So back to the main point, moving the lower control arm out has very little effect on the suspension geometry, however changing the ride height has a very large impact in comparison.

Resources:
https://robrobinette.com/Suspension_Spreadsheet.htm

The following 3 users liked this post by dsddcd:
BIGWORM (07-09-2020), LWG (07-07-2020), thesaintusa (07-07-2020)
Old 07-07-2020 | 07:44 PM
thesaintusa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dsddcd
Rob's website is a blast from the past! I read and re-read every page when I was living my RX-7 days.

Thanks for putting a smile on my face today.

The following users liked this post:
dsddcd (07-07-2020)

Quick Reply: GT3 Wheels mounted on GTS