Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Platinum Silver touch up paint

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2020 | 10:32 PM
NF4710
Pro

Default Best Platinum Silver touch up paint

Have a few sports that need touching up. Anyone know how the Dr Colorchip vs OEM touch up paints match?

Thanks
NF
Old 06-10-2020 | 11:42 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Personally, I buy paint from https://www.automotivetouchup.com/

You can search this forum for other opinions on paint but I have used them several times and the paint is high quality and a perfect match. I local place I use only uses it as well and they are a father and daughter team and they swear by it.
Old 06-11-2020 | 01:23 AM
koven
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Personally, I buy paint from https://www.automotivetouchup.com/

You can search this forum for other opinions on paint but I have used them several times and the paint is high quality and a perfect match. I local place I use only uses it as well and they are a father and daughter team and they swear by it.
do you use the paint pen or touch up bottle?

i have dr colorchip but i find it's just ok in terms of match and application, want to try a different one
Old 06-11-2020 | 08:10 AM
ClassJ
Rennlist Member

What about genuine Porsche touch up paint?

I have used Dr Color Chip. It’s not bad. Their application system is somewhat flawed but I like their brushes. The consistency of their product is also pretty good if not a little thick. I have thinned it in the past but I don’t recall what reduced they told me to use.
Old 06-11-2020 | 11:01 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by koven
do you use the paint pen or touch up bottle?

i have dr colorchip but i find it's just ok in terms of match and application, want to try a different one
I have only used their spray cans but it is a perfect match so their other options should be the same, and many others here also recommend them - you can search this forum if you want more input.
Old 06-11-2020 | 06:09 PM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

When I was painting cars in a body shop, the joke was “You know where you can find Silver? Under the Lone Rangers ***!” Seriously, it’s one of the most difficult colors to match. When you’re spraying it, you adjust the air pressure to change the color (More pressure make the flakes stand on edge). I’d take to a professional and let them do it.

Quick Reply: Best Platinum Silver touch up paint