Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After three+ years, I'm back with a 911, a 991.1 C4S to be precise

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2020, 11:22 PM
Breitling747
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm biased, but I think it's one of the nicest colors for the 911.
Old 05-19-2020, 11:40 PM
marcnyc
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Stunning, congrats! I am hoping to find a similar one with manual transmission. :-)

Enjoy!
Old 05-20-2020, 01:02 AM
BSO
Three Wheelin'

Received 555 Likes on 335 Posts

Very nice car, the first deal fell through, but maybe for a reason. Glad you found what you wanted.

Mine is a 991.2, C4S as well, understand the desire for the NA over TA, happy with mine, which also has SC and PSE and manual, I drive windows down 99% of the time just for sound!

Enjoy.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:44 AM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Bemo
A naturally aspirated gem, congratulations!!
Yes!

Originally Posted by Breitling747
I'm biased, but I think it's one of the nicest colors for the 911.
It was a top three color for me, certainly not a passively accepted color. I was hunting for any of these three colors, GT Silver, Midnight Blue or Rhodium silver. I think the rhodium silver is beautiful a unique subtle twist on GT silver.

Originally Posted by marcnyc
Stunning, congrats! I am hoping to find a similar one with manual transmission. :-)

Enjoy!
Good luck, don't hesitate to keep the whole countries inventory available and open to taking a drive for a road trip like I did. I literally couldn't find in all of FL a C4S that met my criteria, so drove 8 hours up to NC. Besides 95 the roads were dead, quite an experience!

What colors and options are you looking for? I saw so many in my search maybe, I can PM you some links to cars I came across.

Originally Posted by BSO
Very nice car, the first deal fell through, but maybe for a reason. Glad you found what you wanted.

Mine is a 991.2, C4S as well, understand the desire for the NA over TA, happy with mine, which also has SC and PSE and manual, I drive windows down 99% of the time just for sound!

Enjoy.
I agree it worked out for the best, I just don't tolerate scum bag people well and this never would have gone down the way it did had I been there in person. Cowards behave very differently over the phone or online as he did. Anyway, I'm over it, not worth spending more energy on it.

Having had a 991 Turbo and totally appreciating what the turbo brings, I still very much missed the sound and responsiveness of a NA. I have not driven the new turbo's though and would like to, that torque. For whatever reason, all the latest tech is turning me off more and more as of late and even the 991.1's level of tech is more than I had originally planned for when I started this search for a 997.

I get and appreciate both sides though and that's why I love all the different gens of Porsches and models that are all so different in personality.

Also, EVERYONE, feel free to post pics of your cars in this thread, I would love to see them. I am not one of those people who care about "derailing a thread".... derail away, this is all in good fun and sharing the experience with fellow Porsche enthusiasts!

Old 05-20-2020, 10:18 AM
RSBro
Burning Brakes

Received 168 Likes on 117 Posts

Very nice! My car is similar, 991.1 C2 with the same wheels but in Platinum Silver Metallic. It almost looks like a goldish-champagne color when the sun hits it right. Beautiful against the full leather Luxor Beige interior.

You're gonna love it every day! I DD mine too.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:50 AM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Originally Posted by RSBro
Very nice! My car is similar, 991.1 C2 with the same wheels but in Platinum Silver Metallic. It almost looks like a goldish-champagne color when the sun hits it right. Beautiful against the full leather Luxor Beige interior.

You're gonna love it every day! I DD mine too.
Beautiful, can you post a picture?

I had the side and rear windows ceramic tinted and still need to do the windshield which I'm thinking I may try the Formula one material around 70%'ish. Also thinking of some paint protection film atleast in the key areas. Stone gaurds need to be replaced as well, looking a little beat up.

What's everyones take on the PPFims?

Old 05-20-2020, 02:24 PM
RSBro
Burning Brakes

Received 168 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Gt3Fan
Beautiful, can you post a picture?

I had the side and rear windows ceramic tinted and still need to do the windshield which I'm thinking I may try the Formula one material around 70%'ish. Also thinking of some paint protection film atleast in the key areas. Stone gaurds need to be replaced as well, looking a little beat up.

What's everyones take on the PPFims?
Having my car washed tomorrow, should be a sunny weekend to finally snap some pics. Been raining intermittently last few weeks down here...
Old 05-20-2020, 03:25 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,222 Likes on 739 Posts

Guessing 3 years was a long enough wait for you. You could stretch it out to 4, eh?
Old 05-20-2020, 03:59 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Originally Posted by RSBro
Having my car washed tomorrow, should be a sunny weekend to finally snap some pics. Been raining intermittently last few weeks down here...
Nice, looking forward to seeing them

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
Guessing 3 years was a long enough wait for you. You could stretch it out to 4, eh?
A man can only take so much punishment. I snapped! Now I know how it feels to do hard time
Old 05-20-2020, 10:11 PM
PDNA
AutoX

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome car; love the color and am jealous of the wide body (and all the beautiful P cars you’ve already owned!) here’s my 2014 C2. Put soul headers/exhaust on and loooooove the sound of valves open! Am looking at turbo s on line wishing I had more torque and speed, but I love this engine. Still getting to know it. First Porsche, so no point of reference yet.

Just did some ceramic wax at the detail shop.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:32 AM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Originally Posted by PDNA
Awesome car; love the color and am jealous of the wide body (and all the beautiful P cars you’ve already owned!) here’s my 2014 C2. Put soul headers/exhaust on and loooooove the sound of valves open! Am looking at turbo s on line wishing I had more torque and speed, but I love this engine. Still getting to know it. First Porsche, so no point of reference yet.

Just did some ceramic wax at the detail shop.
Your car is freaking beautiful, love the color, the wheels the stance, just awesome. Feel no jealousy(even in gest) just happiness and contentedness of having such an amazing car that so many can never attain. I admittedly had lost perspective in the past, but go three years without the ability to purchase a Porsche of any kind and a recalibration of one's perspective hits hard.

It's easy once you have one pcar to constantly feel a little unhappy and want to "upgrade" to a higher spec model because there are so many incredible models in the line-up. But its important to know, one is not necessarily better than the other, just different.

Using your Turbo S as an example. I loved my 991 Turbo but some strange things happened when I owned it which brought me back to the current car and actually I wanted to go back to the 997 C4 GTS. First, there was a total lack of the sensation of speed, which removed so much joy and passion from the huge torque and power. Secondly, the sheer insanity of how quickly you got into jail time speed limits was a disaster waiting to happen...atleast for me. I mean a slight get on the gas and you were into the 100's in the smallest of distances. And you got used to it, which was even worse! Barely even a adrenaline hit.

I found myself without barely noticing deep into the 100's MPH's on the highway all the time, not good. Now you can blame me for my lack of discipline or awareness but when you have a car that is so powerful and the power comes on max in the 2000 RPM range, things are going to happen.

It's a special car and not boring as some say but its a very much different experience from the NA cars like what you have now. I also found in general, less sporty and more luxury GT cruiser than the NA cars I had had. The steering was the only real disappointment for me, not direct/sporty enough, just too soft.

I'm not saying to you, not to experience the turbo S because it is EPIC and who knows maybe I get another one at some point but I know it could not replace these NA cars. I am honestly having more fun and more enjoyment from a much lowered 400 HP car I have now, from the sound to the sensation to the directness in the steering and throttle response and more.

Old 05-21-2020, 09:56 AM
911CSC
Pro

Received 365 Likes on 188 Posts

Congrats on the car

I picked this up 3 weeks ago, 2018 Carrera S Cab

Already fully tinted with LLumar ceramic including windshield, entire car was detailed and ceramic coating

Soul sport cats installed yesterday and Techart lowering springs getting installed today, more goodies coming in the next 2 to 5 weeks

I'm in Florida too

Old 05-21-2020, 10:11 AM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Originally Posted by 911CSC
Congrats on the car

I picked this up 3 weeks ago, 2018 Carrera S Cab

Already fully tinted with LLumar ceramic including windshield, entire car was detailed and ceramic coating

Soul sport cats installed yesterday and Techart lowering springs getting installed today, more goodies coming in the next 2 to 5 weeks

I'm in Florida too

Beautiful car, I still need to do the ceramic coating and actually thinking about some paint protective film.

I have the same brand tint on the sides and rear but being as I picked it up in NC, they could not tint the front windshield. I was thinking about 70%. Whats your front at and did you use the same brand for the front?

Where in FL? I'm central/Gainesville.
The following users liked this post:
911CSC (05-21-2020)
Old 05-21-2020, 10:19 AM
911CSC
Pro

Received 365 Likes on 188 Posts

Thank you

Yes the entire car is done with LLumar, all windows 20% and windshield is 50%. Having the windshield tinted helps with keeping interior cooler but also protects the dash

I'm in St. Cloud 34772
Old 05-21-2020, 01:46 PM
stphzy
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

YAAAAAAAY! Congrats!!!!!

Quick Reply: After three+ years, I'm back with a 911, a 991.1 C4S to be precise