Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 New Owner! Hindsight is a wonderful thing........

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 12:58 AM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 587 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by Irish996
Thanks Koven - These are certainly on the consideration list. Did you do any more with the exhaust? I was wondering about combining these with the Sharkwerks sport exhaust and wondering if that might be a bit OTT.
Give this a read.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1143...l#post15926236

The following users liked this post:
Irish996 (05-14-2020)
Old 05-13-2020, 07:56 AM
mrpat3l
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 24 Posts

The .2 C2 has so much potential, i find it fast enough with a APR tune but you can always install hybrid turbos or swap them if the stage 1 tune isn’t enough for you.

Soul sport cats
Soul x-pipes if you have a non-pse
APR tune
Upgrade the stock tires
DSC box

The following 2 users liked this post by mrpat3l:
Irish996 (05-16-2020), Soul Performance (05-15-2020)
Old 05-14-2020, 02:34 AM
Irish996
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the valuable input guys. Minefield of info out there to go through.

Considering that we now know the headers design on the car is not the best/free flowing you guys that have done the sport cats haven't been curious to unlock additional power and sound with improving these??
Old 05-14-2020, 02:38 AM
Irish996
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by koven
no plans to replace PSE, i think it sounds perfect w/ soul cats, and yes sharkwerks muffler on top would be overly aggressive i think
Originally Posted by Baba Ghanoush
Honestly, there is zero need for a Sharkwerks exhaust if you have the PSE and put the Soul Cats on. I went through the same conundrum a while back and started a thread on it. Soul Cats provided an awesome video describing how the PSE works (and why a Sharkwerks exhaust add on to it really is pointless if you decide to do the Sports Cats instead).
Originally Posted by Norge911
1. Soul cats
2. APR or VF engineering tune.
3. DSC box if you have SPASM
4. white side markers
5. upgrade your oil, don’t use Mobile 1 0-W40, suggest Liqui Moly 4-w40
That last question was for you guys. Blowing the cob webs out on how to use the form tools again
Old 05-14-2020, 07:36 PM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

Received 580 Likes on 297 Posts

Firmly believe mods should be in response to what the specific car is telling you it needs. Nothing should be preordained.

Go hog wild on the open roads and report to us where you think it needs fixing. The .2 cars are studs from the factory. You might just find it needs less than you think.

Agree with above, a good first step is getting the crap oil out and some proper oil in. And clear side markers. Then drive.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:11 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,443 Likes on 2,354 Posts

Originally Posted by spdracerut
I'm 100% for driver improvement. But, I am also for letting people drive what they want. If we were on a graduated license/car system, a large percentage of people on Rennlist probably wouldn't make it out of the Honda Fit. But no one on Rennlist is going to say, "You know, that 911 is too fast for you. Go learn to drive in a '91 Miata first". Let's be honest, any modern car is already doing some driving for you. Traction control, stability control, ABS, torque vectoring, etc. I don't know, as I've gotten older, I'm more about letting people do what makes them happy as long as it doesn't kill them or anyone else. Someone wants to put dubs and stance out their 911, not my style, but hey if it makes them happy.
I'm with you...this is a 911, not an early Viper.

To answer your question, I suggest high flow cats, DSC Module and Cobb tune. Try those first and you may find you need nothing else, but you may want a lot of other stuff!
Old 05-15-2020, 05:11 AM
Irish996
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Norge911
1. Soul cats
2. APR or VF engineering tune.
3. DSC box if you have SPASM
4. white side markers
5. upgrade your oil, don’t use Mobile 1 0-W40, suggest Liqui Moly 4-w40
Originally Posted by Ceepe
Firmly believe mods should be in response to what the specific car is telling you it needs. Nothing should be preordained.

Go hog wild on the open roads and report to us where you think it needs fixing. The .2 cars are studs from the factory. You might just find it needs less than you think.

Agree with above, a good first step is getting the crap oil out and some proper oil in. And clear side markers. Then drive.
appreciate the suggestions and advice fellas.

So I had a bit of communication with my dealer (I’m based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia) yesterday on this oil topic and it went something like this;

me: What oil do we use for the 911?
him: 0w 40
me: Can we put 5w 50 if I provide?
him: No we don’t recommend.
me: Will it void my warranty?
him: No
me: So why don’t you recommend? I’ve read that it’s better for these engines and even more so if they are being driven hard.
him: No response....

Now he may come back to me but I doubt it, but without having to gain a PhD on the subject is 5W 50 still recommended given the following;

1) Desert location and 40 plus plus degrees in the summer. Blistering heat with little to no humidity.
2) Car being driven like porsche intended with long drives at high speeds.

cheers

Quick Reply: 991.2 New Owner! Hindsight is a wonderful thing........