2010panny4S
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Old 04-30-2020, 04:29 PM
SConn
Drifting

Received 976 Likes on 580 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010panny4S
Have you tried this yourself? I've seen it before. Very curious!

LOL! Maybe it'll work for our radiators?
Old 04-30-2020, 04:41 PM
aljus
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I have had good luck with plastic tooth picks. They are flexible and hard.
Old 04-30-2020, 05:46 PM
Rich_Jenkins
Rennlist Member

Received 718 Likes on 480 Posts

@C7toM2toGT4? Thanks! I used a left over straw and some Contact Cleaner to jimmy the buttons on the right hand side of the button group, under the AC controls:

The buttons are a bit "looser" now (not like the left set, but better). For sure I got some kind of schmutz out of the area; hard to tell but it's the black spot on the straw:

Thanks again for this great idea.
Old 04-30-2020, 06:32 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,089 Posts

If you can de-goo your HVAC panel externally to the point that it's not annoying then all's well. It is surprising, perhaps, how far the goo can work into the panel:

Old 04-30-2020, 06:37 PM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Received 615 Likes on 393 Posts

Regarding the above, why I am not such a big fan of all the buttons in my 911 (though far fewer than the Macan). I like to keep the interiors of my cars fastidiously clean. I realize that not too many people like the new touch screens but the buttons have too many crevices for crap to collect and to my eyes, they have started to look very dated. Maybe I am trying to find an excuse to trade for a 992. Not going to happen unfortunately.
Old 04-30-2020, 06:49 PM
Rich_Jenkins
Rennlist Member

Received 718 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by AnandN
Regarding the above, why I am not such a big fan of all the buttons in my 911 (though far fewer than the Macan). I like to keep the interiors of my cars fastidiously clean. I realize that not too many people like the new touch screens but the buttons have too many crevices for crap to collect and to my eyes, they have started to look very dated. Maybe I am trying to find an excuse to trade for a 992. Not going to happen unfortunately.
I hear ya.

Wife's 19 Cayenne (now sold, but that is another story) interior / infotainment stack was very sleek and well laid out. From what I've seen the 992's is similar. (I know, "not helping" ) I'm keeping my 991.2 as well, no plans to swap.
Old 04-30-2020, 07:10 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,089 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins
I hear ya.

Wife's 19 Cayenne (now sold, but that is another story) interior / infotainment stack was very sleek and well laid out. From what I've seen the 992's is similar. (I know, "not helping" ) I'm keeping my 991.2 as well, no plans to swap.
I have a new Cayenne as a loaner right now. The UI is infuriating. Do not want.

Sticky buttons are easy to fix yourself. Bad software and bad design is unfixable DIY.
Old 04-30-2020, 07:13 PM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

I hear ya.

Yeah, I can't quite justify to my spouse a 45k expense right now (what it will cost me I think) to trade in a perfectly good 2018 C4S (that I bought new and with no issues whatsoever) for a new 992 4s. Temptation though is always there for the next 911. The GT3 has always been a very big tempation for me but back in 2017, I couldn't get an allocation.
Old 04-30-2020, 07:25 PM
2010panny4S
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Have you tried this yourself? I've seen it before. Very curious! LOL! Maybe it'll work for our radiators?
I haven't yet but have been looking into purchasing and using in the future.
Old 04-30-2020, 07:49 PM
SConn
Drifting

@C7toM2toGT4? Thanks! I used a left over straw and some Contact Cleaner to jimmy the buttons on the right hand side of the button group, under the AC controls:

The buttons are a bit "looser" now (not like the left set, but better). For sure I got some kind of schmutz out of the area; hard to tell but it's the black spot on the straw:

Thanks again for this great idea.
Awesome! So glad it got some more junk out!
Old 04-30-2020, 07:52 PM
SConn
Drifting

If you want less buttons in the interior, check out the Taycan. I sat in one a few weeks ago and it was almost depressing to me it was so bare. And kind of cheap feeling. I was so excited to see one and then left deflated. Love the exterior styling tho!

I could still be in the honeymoon phase with my 991.1 GTS, but I'm OK with all the buttons (for now... Ask me in a year!)
Old 04-30-2020, 08:08 PM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by C7toM2toGT4?
If you want less buttons in the interior, check out the Taycan. I sat in one a few weeks ago and it was almost depressing to me it was so bare. And kind of cheap feeling. I was so excited to see one and then left deflated. Love the exterior styling tho!

I could still be in the honeymoon phase with my 991.1 GTS, but I'm OK with all the buttons (for now... Ask me in a year!)
Odd that you would suggest that car but I am quite fascinated with the Taycan 4s. It is priced like a C4S and I did price one on the configurator ( a useless pastime I guess). I am not sold on it yet but I would love to drive one. Actually, now that I am more or less retired, I spend more time on my bicycles than my 911 so automative purchases of 100k plus have lost some of their appeal. I am still holding out for a GT3. If I am going to be driving less and less, every drive should feel special.
Old 04-30-2020, 08:20 PM
SConn
Drifting

Odd that you would suggest that car but I am quite fascinated with the Taycan 4s. It is priced like a C4S and I did price one on the configurator ( a useless pastime I guess). I am not sold on it yet but I would love to drive one. Actually, now that I am more or less retired, I spend more time on my bicycles than my 911 so automative purchases of 100k plus have lost some of their appeal. I am still holding out for a GT3. If I am going to be driving less and less, every drive should feel special.
I think they are beautiful cars, but the interior just didn't impress me. And I also didn't care for the digital gauges. I know it's the direction things are going and the interior could grow on me... Maybe. I would love to drive one too!

And I hear you on the GT3... I have my sights on one fairly close to me. Waiting out the market. Hoping it will still be there in a few months.
Old 04-30-2020, 09:10 PM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 84 Posts

My ex had a 600SL. She hit the brakes and spilled a pina colada on the computer. Costs $8000 to replace. No drinks in my p car

Quick Reply: Something I discovered today to get crap out of buttons that may be helpful