Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Cost of Self Isolation

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2020 | 12:15 AM
ZerOG
Racer

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
I've heard a lot worse, and besides, Soul cats go a long way in improving the sound in my car.
I have the Soul converters as well and i tend to just put one classical piano at a very low volume to emphasize the sound of the exhaust.

I kept being disappointed at how quiet the motor is, until I saw the tech drive away with it, a few months ago. That’s when I realized how much sound deadening this car has. So I’ll soon be looking at improving the transfer of sound from the rear. The symposer is a joke I’ll be working on that soon.

One day, I removed the muffler tips to clean them and then had to do a quick grocery run and forgot to reinstall them.

since the actual outlets from the muffler were now behind the the bumper, it transfer A LOT MORE sound into the chassis. I love it but can’t drive the car this way because it will melt the plastic bumper cover. However, that’s what triggered my interest in finding a way to safely transfer more of these vibrations into the body.

I have no clear plans yet, just plenty of research to do.
Old 03-29-2020 | 12:20 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Don't worry about melting anything since many here have had their tips off for weeks while waiting to get their tips coated, and I wrapped the section between the tips on my GTS and many told me not to do it since it would melt, but it is still perfect after many months.
Old 03-29-2020 | 01:19 AM
SConn
Drifting

Originally Posted by ZerOG
I’m also expecting mine soon. Hopefully next week. Time to stop the damn ear bleeding caused by the ****ty Bose system. 🤦‍♂️
Great! We'll have to compare notes!

Quick Reply: The Cost of Self Isolation