Sponsored by:

Experience with Mckenna or Newport Porsche in California

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2020, 06:35 PM
kingerm
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by xford
I had a bad Service experience with Porsche of Irvine (AutoNation same as Newport) and two excellent ones with McKenna. Bryce Walters is a very good Service Writer I would strongly recommend. As has been said experiences can be all over the board but as a general rule I will go with Owner/Operator over Corporate Owned if given a choice and the deal similar. Danny McKenna has a slogan "If you give me your cell number I will give you mine" and his Father was in the Porsche business many moons ago so there is a legacy.
+1 for Bryce in Service at McKenna. He is always a pleasure to deal with.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:18 PM
MikeL31
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

i was next door at bmw getting my wifes car serviced when the 958 cayenne first came out, i went to mckenna and a random sales guy told me they're selling them at $5k mark up. he said i was lucky if they would sell to me at msrp. i went to dtla and got 5% off. screw mckenna porsche, not a good experience for me there and ill never go back.
Old 03-15-2020, 03:52 AM
b1st
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGWORM
Mckenna didn't even acknowledge me as a buyer when I walked in. They literally ignored me like I couldn't possible be there to buy a car. lol. I walked out after 15 minutes.

Newport acknowledged me and was helpful. But they didn't have the spec I wanted. They have been good on service the two times Ived used them for simple things.

Irvine Porsche sold me my GTS. But it was a nightmare to buy and service was a pain in the ***.

Circle Porsche has the best inventory if you ask me. They always seem to have cars with all the right options. Service department is 2nd to none if you ask me. And they are privately owned! Not autonation BS.

Hope that helps.
I visited McKenna a couple weeks ago to test drive a car. I got great service and great overall experience. I think my sales guy's name was Byron. I went to drive a used 991 but then I noticed a 992 perfectly optioned so drove that too. I ended up not liking either but thought the experience was good. I ended up buying a "new" (demo) 991.2 at Irvine.

I believe I've visited every Porsche dealership in the greater Los Angeles area the past couple years shopping for 2 cars. Never had a bad experience w the sales department. What I do is that I always email them first and make an appointment. I think that tells them that you're a serious buyer and gives them time to prep the car - drive out of the show room, give it a wash, etc. At the same time it saves me time because I don't have to wait for the car to be ready.

Quick Reply: Experience with Mckenna or Newport Porsche in California