Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche 991.1 Carrera w/ Soul Exhaust, IPD Plenum, BMC Filter, Cobb AP, BBI Protune

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2020, 02:48 AM
CarreraJimmy
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks like a great set of mods that I will have to look into after my warranty is up. Question for you: I notice that you logged an increase to 320 hp / 251 ft. lbs. from 294 hp / 245 tq. What are your thoughts on the fact that Porsche billed the 2013 base Carrera at 350 hp / 287? Is this power loss or a measurement (wheel/crank) difference?
Old 03-30-2020, 11:58 AM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 552 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by CarreraJimmy
Looks like a great set of mods that I will have to look into after my warranty is up. Question for you: I notice that you logged an increase to 320 hp / 251 ft. lbs. from 294 hp / 245 tq. What are your thoughts on the fact that Porsche billed the 2013 base Carrera at 350 hp / 287? Is this power loss or a measurement (wheel/crank) difference?
Porsche's measurements are always at the flywheel. Ours are done on a dyno, so it's at the wheels. The numbers will always be off due to drivetrain loss. You can add back in about 15% to get somewhat of an idea of what the flywheel numbers would be. Every dyno is different, and the numbers can vary great depending on octane of gas, outside and ambient temperatures, atmospheric pressure, etc.

-Charles@BBi

Bringing Passion, Artistry, Craft to the Porsche Tuning Industry
Southern California's Porsche Performance Tuning, Engine Development,
ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Website: www.bbiautosport.com Email: sales@bbiautosport.com Phone: (714) 843-0200
Follow Us On: Facebook & Instagram

Quick Reply: Porsche 991.1 Carrera w/ Soul Exhaust, IPD Plenum, BMC Filter, Cobb AP, BBI Protune