Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger inner kick-panel loose?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2020, 10:25 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts
Default Passenger inner kick-panel loose?

In my quest to eliminate rattles in my 991.2, I discovered today that this panel in the passenger footwell (with the oddly located 12v outlet) isn't very well secured and is a bit floppy especially toward the front of the car. Anyone feel like checking their own and telling me if it feels tights like all the surrounding panels?

Old 02-24-2020, 11:33 PM
Sidvicious7
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

You need to remove the side trim panel first to expose the flap that the footwell outlet panel is secured with a screw. Exercise caution removing panels to avoid damaging clips.
The Footwell outlet panel has a channel to secure the piece to the center footwell frame. Refer to the the arrows in the bottom picture.

Side Panel Trim

Footwell Outlet Panel Trim

To Remove, Follow Arrow “A” direction & “B” - Push

Old 02-24-2020, 11:48 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,309 Likes on 609 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
In my quest to eliminate rattles in my 991.2, I discovered today that this panel in the passenger footwell (with the oddly located 12v outlet) isn't very well secured and is a bit floppy especially toward the front of the car. Anyone feel like checking their own and telling me if it feels tights like all the surrounding panels?

Quick check of mine, which has never been apart to my knowledge finds the upper front corner (towards front of the car) "loose" in that it's really easy to push it inward...less easy to pull it outward (don't want to pull too hard). Conversely, lower "corner" roughly where your arrow is can be pulled out a bit easily...it's a flimsy piece, but is "tight" everywhere else.

Not sure how helpful, but it's one quick check...
Old 02-25-2020, 12:16 AM
Sidvicious7
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

There should be just a tiny bit of movement at the bottom edge of the trim piece with no movement by the power outlet and leading edge.
Old 02-25-2020, 10:20 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

You can stuff a little foam behind the edges where it is loose if it is making noise and that will eliminate the noise without taking it off. If you do not have foam there are lots of other things you can use such as weatherstripping and the soft fuzzy side of velcro - I have used all of these over the years with great success.

Quick Reply: Passenger inner kick-panel loose?