Sponsored by:

On the hunt for a .2 GTS Coupe RWD

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2020, 07:35 PM
BIGWORM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,057 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack F
CL wheels are easy to live with. I bought a Porsche winter wheel set and won't be buying more wheels. Get breaker bar and it's no different.

Alcantara was a no go for me. Leather is easy to maintain. Oily Alcantara gets matted down and you loose grip anyway. Its fine on A pillars and headliner.
Its not the removing of them that's a bitch. It's the wheel selection, pricing and funky GTS offset that makes things harder.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:15 PM
Icebreaker
Racer

Received 167 Likes on 64 Posts

Just to be able to check pricing.... this auction just closed today. It can give you a better idea of what pricing to expect. Best of luck! Hope to see your new ride posted here soon.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...che-911-gts-5/
Old 02-19-2020, 10:41 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 747 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGWORM
Its not the removing of them that's a bitch. It's the wheel selection, pricing and funky GTS offset that makes things harder.
Sure. If someone is going to be buying numerous wheelsets then the 5 lug option makes more sense. For those that are getting CL, taking them off and putting them back on is quite easy. Now how many drivers are actually taking their own wheels on and off? It’s something that is regularly stated by drivers of 5 lug wheels. Why? I don’t know? It shouldn’t be a deal breaker for most buyers.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:59 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack F
Sure. If someone is going to be buying numerous wheelsets then the 5 lug option makes more sense. For those that are getting CL, taking them off and putting them back on is quite easy. Now how many drivers are actually taking their own wheels on and off? It’s something that is regularly stated by drivers of 5 lug wheels. Why? I don’t know? It shouldn’t be a deal breaker for most buyers.
The only reason I ordered my car with the 5 lugs is because of the CL design compared to the the satin Black Carrera S Wheels I got.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:31 PM
JFerraro17
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Are you dead set on *black* leather and 18 ways?
Old 02-20-2020, 07:49 PM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JFerraro17
Are you dead set on *black* leather and 18 ways?
Definitely dead set on 18-Ways. I’d consider alternatives to black, but not tan as I had that in my 993 and would like a change. What do you have in mind?
Old 02-20-2020, 08:16 PM
JFerraro17
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Been thinking about selling. But I have 14ways. I also didn’t see the PDCC requirement
Old 02-21-2020, 02:27 AM
_RS_
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

You ask about GTS interior opinions... apart from the cost, it's just what I wanted. Alcantara has been a must have for me for many years, grippy, cool. The CLs are a clean look but questionable on a non GT car, they're unlikely to get stolen though! Mine's a DD too and you won't be disappointed. I succumbed to Soul cats at first then a custom tune, realizing the engine is very strong from experience of the folks here.
There's a new Carmine GTS in our dealer but no RAS or PDCC, it's been there for at least six months. Keep hunting and good luck.
Old 02-21-2020, 09:30 PM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by _RS_
You ask about GTS interior opinions... apart from the cost, it's just what I wanted. Alcantara has been a must have for me for many years, grippy, cool. The CLs are a clean look but questionable on a non GT car, they're unlikely to get stolen though! Mine's a DD too and you won't be disappointed. I succumbed to Soul cats at first then a custom tune, realizing the engine is very strong from experience of the folks here.
There's a new Carmine GTS in our dealer but no RAS or PDCC, it's been there for at least six months. Keep hunting and good luck.
Since you lose the seat cooling with the Alcantara, I was wondering how these seats would do for a track day? I plan on doing some track days here in VA, it gets hot, so I’m struggling with the grippy, cool Alcantara and no seat cooling vs the less grippy, hotter leather with seat cooling. I know I don’t want the Alcantara on the steering wheel. Any input welcomed on leather w/ seat cooling vs Alcantara w/o seat cooling for a track day!
Old 02-21-2020, 09:55 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by MielsOnWheels
Since you lose the seat cooling with the Alcantara, I was wondering how these seats would do for a track day? I plan on doing some track days here in VA, it gets hot, so I’m struggling with the grippy, cool Alcantara and no seat cooling vs the less grippy, hotter leather with seat cooling. I know I don’t want the Alcantara on the steering wheel. Any input welcomed on leather w/ seat cooling vs Alcantara w/o seat cooling for a track day!
You will not move around at all in 18 ways with ventilation since the powdered bolsters will hold you.
The following users liked this post:
MielsOnWheels (02-22-2020)
Old 02-22-2020, 11:49 AM
ShaunP
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 92 Posts

Your butt is going to slide a little in the leather seats compared to Alcantara, but the bolsters should still hold you pretty well. If you're just doing DE events, you will be fine. You could always get a bucket seat for track days if you're overly concerned about it. It's a 15 min swap.

On a side note, if you were looking for an S vs GTS, my car would be perfect for you. Guards Red/Full leather and has all your desired options + carbon trim and FAL.
Old 02-22-2020, 02:09 PM
CAA
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Icebreaker
Just to be able to check pricing.... this auction just closed today. It can give you a better idea of what pricing to expect. Best of luck! Hope to see your new ride posted here soon.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...che-911-gts-5/
I was watching this auction as well as I’m looking at cars for a potential spring buy. Do you think this is representative of values?

The reason I ask is I’m seeing people (dealers and private parties) asking close to $100k for 2018 Carrera T’s. For some reason I can’t get my head around a T commanding the same price as a same year GTS.

Quick Reply: On the hunt for a .2 GTS Coupe RWD