Sponsored by:

Need advice ... 2018 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2020, 02:28 PM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Received 765 Likes on 380 Posts

Originally Posted by obTurbo
Love Carmine Red this would be tempting for the price if I was ready. After looking through the posts I think I would be more concerned about the 20-30k curb hit than the minor accident 2 years prior. Curious with the Houston market how this is still there even with the accident on CarFax considering the price.....
Is the Houston market hot for GTS?
Old 02-10-2020, 03:13 PM
obTurbo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dmk2
Is the Houston market hot for GTS?
Not sure about that but it's a big city with close proximity to an even bigger city not to mention it's centrally located which makes it easy to fly in and drive out. Anyway everyone's ideal "GTS" build is different but given the price and the fact that it's a CPO minor accident aside I would think there would have been a buyer at this point which makes me wonder why.

Who knows maybe the price just dropped and it will be gone tomorrow.
Old 02-10-2020, 03:28 PM
ShaunP
Racer

Received 170 Likes on 93 Posts

Not sure about that but it's a big city with close proximity to an even bigger city not to mention it's centrally located which makes it easy to fly in and drive out. Anyway everyone's ideal "GTS" build is different but given the price and the fact that it's a CPO minor accident aside I would think there would have been a buyer at this point which makes me wonder why.

It's been at 90k for at least a month. That's how long I've been tracking GTS's.

I think mileage (high for an '18), spec (non grey-scale exterior and non-black interior cars seem to sell slower), and the accident are all what's keeping it from selling.
Old 02-10-2020, 10:42 PM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Received 765 Likes on 380 Posts

I sure hope someone in town thinks like you and buys my GTS.
Old 02-10-2020, 10:46 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 767 Likes on 545 Posts

I contacted the dealer about the car and asked if this car was in an accident.

Dear Jack,

Thank you for your interest in the beautiful Carrera GTS and choosing our dealership for your shopping experience. My name is Daniel Krol and I’m the Internet Manager here at Porsche West Houston.

Fortunately I was the person who was purchasing that GTS from one our clients and I know the whole story. There was not really accident. The previous owner was a elderly gentleman who was pulling the vehicle of his driveway and accidentally damaged his neighbor car. That was a little fender bender but they had to report it to his Insurance.

I have openings tomorrow at 10.30am and 2.15pm. What time would work best for you to do reservation for a test drive?

Please let me know if you have any other questions or how can I assist you.

I’ll be standing by ready to help.

Sincerely,

Daniel Krol

(713)822-2112

Regards,
Daniel Krol
Sales Consultant
Office: 281-249-4776
Mobil: 713-822-2112
daniel.krol@porschewesthouston.com

Porsche West Houston offers many amenities for our customers.

While you are here take advantage of our:
  • Private offices
  • Two customer lounge areas
  • Kids lounge
  • Gourmet coffee
  • Fresh baked cookies and pastries
Old 02-10-2020, 10:54 PM
pbeezy
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 41 Posts

What’s curious about this car is they say the accident was in 2018 but the big ticket repair items ($20k+) were all in 2019. They told me they had to bring the car back. I’m wondering if the car fax is gonna include a second accident at some point.

30,000 miles plus $28k in damage doesn’t make a $10k discount worthwhile - unless you work for the dealership - at which point it’s a great deal and 10 am and 2 pm are available.
The following users liked this post:
Dirty Jacket (02-10-2020)
Old 02-10-2020, 11:19 PM
Dirty Jacket
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 34 Posts

This may sound absurd, stupid, or maybe even both: if I am in the market for a $90k car, it’s not going to be one with a sketchy history being sold by a lying dealership. There I do not think this vehicle is even discounted enough. There have been lower mile .2 GTS’ on the market without an accident history for $105k (guards red) and there was a yellow one in Nashville (maybe it’s still still there) for low 100s as well.
Old 02-10-2020, 11:20 PM
ShaunP
Racer

Received 170 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by pbeezy
They have the records - they did the repairs. I asked to see the records expecting to just see some normal maintenance. I was taken aback. This was just the first page. I think the next page was close to 18k. What they are doing at that dealership ain’t right

Was actually reading this estimate - what is the $3120 diagnostic fee?

Would be curious to see the other page as well.
Old 02-10-2020, 11:50 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 767 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by Gus_Smedstad
I feel like the Porsche market is overly sensitive to minor accidents. They happen, and usually they're completely repairable to the point that there's absolutely no difference between the repaired car and any other car of the same age and mileage.

I did a search on Autotrader, and I believe I found the car in question: https://www.porschewest.com/certifie...a455acf60b.htm
VIN: WP0AB2A90JS122192

The "build sheet from VIN" link doesn't work anymore, or I'd post that.

It's unlikely there's anything wrong with the car, particularly as a CPO. If you're talking purely about how much car you get for your dollar, you're not going to see any other 2018 GTS for anything close to that price, and it's going to drive exactly the same. The next-closest 2018 GTS in an Autotrader search is $109k.

The main question is how long do you plan on holding the car, and if you think you'll end up selling it, how much of a hit you'll take. I think what you really need to ask yourself is: "is this my ideal car?" Leaving aside the accident issue, how would you feel about the car otherwise?

I bought a used 2014 4S in 2016, and had some misgivings about it. The things I didn't like were purely subjective, such as the interior color, and I thought I'd get over them. I didn't. I ended up selling it after 18 months, and took about a $20k hit. Conversely, I have no such qualms about the GTS that replaced it, because the replacement is exactly the car I wanted.

If it's not your ideal car, pass. If you think you can genuinely love it and hold on to it for 10 years, go for it. Though I think Luv2Sleep is right that you probably have some negotiating room, just because of how other buyers will view the car.

Old 02-11-2020, 12:40 AM
SockToy
Instructor

Received 73 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack F
I contacted the dealer about the car and asked if this car was in an accident.

Dear Jack,

Thank you for your interest in the beautiful Carrera GTS and choosing our dealership for your shopping experience. My name is Daniel Krol and I’m the Internet Manager here at Porsche West Houston.

Fortunately I was the person who was purchasing that GTS from one our clients and I know the whole story. There was not really accident. The previous owner was a elderly gentleman who was pulling the vehicle of his driveway and accidentally damaged his neighbor car. That was a little fender bender but they had to report it to his Insurance.

I have openings tomorrow at 10.30am and 2.15pm. What time would work best for you to do reservation for a test drive?

Please let me know if you have any other questions or how can I assist you.

I’ll be standing by ready to help.

Sincerely,

Daniel Krol

(713)822-2112

Regards,
Daniel Krol
Sales Consultant
Office: 281-249-4776
Mobil: 713-822-2112
daniel.krol@porschewesthouston.com

Porsche West Houston offers many amenities for our customers.

While you are here take advantage of our:
  • Private offices
  • Two customer lounge area
  • Kids lounge
  • Gourmet coffee
  • Fresh baked cookies and pastries
Someone should really be reporting this to PCNA. If this thread is remotely accurate that looks like massively immoral behaviour at best and criminal fraud at worst. Or at least, it should be.

Quick Reply: Need advice ... 2018 GTS