Sponsored by:

Dashboard trim

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2020, 09:34 PM
JeremyR
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dashboard trim

I noticed this piece of trim was loose but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get it back in. It's to the left of the steering wheel and is covered by the door when it's closed. Anyone know how?
Old 01-16-2020, 10:42 PM
gdwiggins999
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me guess-you had your windshield replaced and the installer didn't properly reinstall the trim.

That piece of trim snaps in to the a-pillar trim above it, if it's been in the wrong place for a while the plastic loses its "spring" and doesn't want to snap in. As I recall it snaps upward into the a-pillar and just presses inward on the bottom. The weatherstrip makes it a bit fiddly to get back in.

I added some epoxy to press one of the "ears" on the trim back in the proper alignment and was able to save the trim; it's relatively cheap regardless.

David
The following users liked this post:
Catharpin (01-17-2020)
Old 01-17-2020, 12:18 AM
JeremyR
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gdwiggins999
Let me guess-you had your windshield replaced and the installer didn't properly reinstall the trim.

That piece of trim snaps in to the a-pillar trim above it, if it's been in the wrong place for a while the plastic loses its "spring" and doesn't want to snap in. As I recall it snaps upward into the a-pillar and just presses inward on the bottom. The weatherstrip makes it a bit fiddly to get back in.

I added some epoxy to press one of the "ears" on the trim back in the proper alignment and was able to save the trim; it's relatively cheap regardless.

David
I did get a new windshield a while ago. Makes sense