Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto Start Stop

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2020, 08:27 AM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 635 Likes on 346 Posts

You should make a video showing how it works and installation. I understand that the **** version would be the only version you need, but if you program the "I" mode on the **** to stay in Sport suspension with Performance exhaust ON (for example), wouldn't the car still default to O mode when you turn off the car? Or, will "I" Mode remain the mode that remains even if the car is turned off? Confusing because using S or S+ I know the car reverts back to O (comfort) mode no matter what, but I am just assuming the "I" mode would behave the same way..
Old 05-03-2020, 10:16 AM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 813 Likes on 542 Posts

When will the **** version be available for sale and cost ?
Old 05-03-2020, 10:24 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,443 Likes on 2,354 Posts

Originally Posted by B Russ
https://t-design9.com/memory_module.html
Old 05-03-2020, 12:07 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 279 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
if you program the "I" mode on the **** to stay in Sport suspension with Performance exhaust ON (for example), wouldn't the car still default to O mode when you turn off the car? Or, will "I" Mode remain the mode that remains even if the car is turned off?
Exactly. Our Memory Module remembers! You turned off the car in "I" mode - it will start in "I" mode next time. You turned it off in "S" mode - it will start in "S" mode.

Here is installation procedure. In short you remove the airbag, which is held by two springs, and insert the module between the **** and the car.
http://t-design9.com/memory_module_knob_install.html
Cupdholders, Sunglass Holsters and more at T-Design9.com

The following 2 users liked this post by t-design:
marinb (05-03-2020), thesaintusa (05-03-2020)
Old 05-03-2020, 12:18 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

We are currently sold out, as the coronavirus disrupted the logistics... The next batch is being manufactured right now (in Texas!) and will be available around May 20.
Old 05-03-2020, 02:37 PM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Thanks Bob but your Fin is Up.
t-des, what is the cost for these new versions
Old 05-03-2020, 03:11 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks Bob but your Fin is Up.
t-des, what is the cost for these new versions
All Memory Modules versions are same price, $229.

Vlad
T-Design9.com
Old 05-03-2020, 03:40 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Are you discontinuing the old modules and only making these new **** modules?
I am wondering If I buy the new module if I could sell the old module to someone without the sports chrono that is unable to purchase the **** version..
Finally, have there been any firmware revisions on the console modules in the last year or so?

Here is the part I am trying to understand.. If you program the I setting it will remember the I setting so you can program I to always have Performance suspension and exhaust ON and Sport setting, that I get. I also get that starting in Sport or Sport + will automatically disable the ***..
HOWEVER, If I remove the "old" module and set my **** to Sport AND Performance suspension and exhaust ON, will it remember both settings (exhaust and Sport) or ONLY Sport on ****?
Basically, if you decide not to set to custom I setting, will it remember **** setting and whatever exhaust/suspension settings last used, or it only works using I?

Sorry so many questions..
Old 05-03-2020, 04:00 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Are you discontinuing the old modules and only making these new **** modules?
I am wondering If I buy the new module if I could sell the old module to someone without the sports chrono
We are not discontinuing anything, just expanding, still you can always sell stuff on marketplace.

Finally, have there been any firmware revisions on the console modules in the last year or so?
Yes, we recently added spoiler memory to the console module. So if your car has Spoiler button - we now can remember it too

HOWEVER, If I remove the "old" module and set my **** to Sport AND Performance suspension and exhaust ON, will it remember both settings (exhaust and Sport) or ONLY Sport on ****?
As always, the Memory Module just remembers and injects the Buttons (or Modes in this case) available. So it will remember I, S, S+. You'll have to pack all you preferences into "I" setup. I know it usually has *** and suspension, not sure about PSE on your exact car

Basically, if you decide not to set to custom I setting, will it remember **** setting and whatever exhaust/suspension settings last used, or it only works using I?
The **** module remembers the **** position. That's it. It remembers the "I" in this case.

Vlad
T-Design9.com
Old 05-03-2020, 04:06 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Ok, Vlad so if I was feeling very rich..

Could I use both modules, the **** and the console? By doing this, I would be able to have the **** remain on Sport or Sport + and would not have to have the **** ever set to I.
By doing this, I could always have my sport suspension ON, *** OFF and Performance exhaust ON in addition to always having the car start in Sport.

Does that sound correct? Can both modules work in conjunction with one another?
Old 05-03-2020, 04:22 PM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Vlad, whats the chance of having these for my 2018 Panamera Turbo with SC
Old 05-03-2020, 05:36 PM
krburrell
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

I installed T-Design's new **** memory module yesterday and it works perfectly. It's exactly what I wanted since I first got my car. It gets rid of the auto start/stop and starts the car in Sport mode. I set my "I" mode with these options. I tried all the other modes as well and it remembers the last mode you left your car in.

Also using the PIWIS as someone keeps posting is not a real option. First, no dealer is going to program your car to turn off auto start/stop. Second you cannot program the default setting of the mode **** with PIWIS. Folks have tried and it does not work. Third, any Porsche model year 2018+ needs the PIWIS III which is at minimum $1,600 as of today. Also I have no affiliation with T-Design just a happy customer.

The following 2 users liked this post by krburrell:
t-design (05-03-2020), T3X4S (05-14-2020)
Old 05-03-2020, 11:44 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Ok, Vlad so if I was feeling very rich..

Could I use both modules, the **** and the console? By doing this, I would be able to have the **** remain on Sport or Sport + and would not have to have the **** ever set to I.
By doing this, I could always have my sport suspension ON, *** OFF and Performance exhaust ON in addition to always having the car start in Sport.

Does that sound correct? Can both modules work in conjunction with one another?
Yes, both modules should theoretically work together. They don't know about each other.
Old 05-03-2020, 11:48 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Vlad, whats the chance of having these for my 2018 Panamera Turbo with SC
Absolutely. If you have **** with OISS+ - our module will work with it. Thanks God Porsche used same exact parts across all 18-19 models with SC. They already changed it for 992, the **** now is different AGAIN But we working on that too.
Old 05-07-2020, 09:16 AM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

So when can I get one for my 971??

Quick Reply: Auto Start Stop