WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 963 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by afk
Seems like every car has black wheels these days

im looking for a silver / chrome setup

ideas please - want to keep the package less than 5k.

thanks
The Rotiform FUC would be a great option for you. Their wheels are forged & custom built to order here in the U.S. while also fitting within your budget. Since you pick the finishes you want you can go with polished finishes (recommended over chrome) or two-tone finishes. Whatever you'd like it can be done. Contact me for more details: David@WheelsBoutique.com

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 01-09-2020, 07:56 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Zanotti
I love black wheels and may get mine powder coated black this Spring.......

Don't mess with perfection
Old 01-09-2020, 11:17 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,087 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by GKGEIGER
After I had my GTS for a while I decided I didn't care for the black wheels, so I had them Powder Coated Porsche Platinum Satin. Change the car completely.

I've about had it with my matte black GTS wheels. Question is should I powder coat or paint? If you use a satin finish isn't it still prone to brake dust sticking? I have center lock wheels so maybe I'll stay with black unless you guys have a suggestion.
Old 01-09-2020, 11:27 PM
cryptical1200
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

So after washing the car take it for a quick drive around the block- tap on the brakes a few times in succession to get as much moisture off of them as possible. Let car dry, wipe off wheels, and apply http://www.armorall.com/products/whe...dust-repellent

Last edited by cryptical1200; 01-09-2020 at 11:49 PM.
Old 01-10-2020, 07:56 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 423 Likes on 304 Posts
Default .1 S wheels

To me are the best wheels ever put on a porsche. In plat silver they are awesome but they make a lighter and darker shade. I have the lighter. I even like them better than the classics. For the track lighter is better.
Old 01-11-2020, 12:29 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cryptical1200
So after washing the car take it for a quick drive around the block- tap on the brakes a few times in succession to get as much moisture off of them as possible. Let car dry, wipe off wheels, and apply http://www.armorall.com/products/whe...dust-repellent

I tried that with mixed results. Just received a jug of Dr. Beasly's matte wheel seal
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EVXD9B4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EVXD9B4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It really helps, but if you don't keep up with these wheels they will degrade. I'm tempted to refinish them.
Old 02-01-2020, 11:10 PM
Ddana
AutoX

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Medium Liquid Silver Refinish

So I picked up this 17’ Targa GTS in December. The things that bothered me most were the black targa bar and black wheels. I have been considering wrapping the targa bar with 3M brushed aluminum wrap and refinishing the wheels. Two wheels came with minor curb rash so decided to start there. Took the car in this week while I was out of town and just got the car back today. I went with a medium shade liquid silver. Its between liquid silver and black chrome. Depending on the light they vary in their chrome effect. I am not big on chrome but I am much happier with the results. In this light its a bit more chrome but outside in natural light it looks less so.

I think now I will hold off on the targa bar wrap and maybe just replace the matt black “targa” logo with a chrome silver one.

Before

After

Old 02-01-2020, 11:25 PM
Ddana
AutoX

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Medium Liquid Silver refinish

I purchased this 17’ Targa GTS in December. Even during my search the black targa bar and wheels bothered me on the GTS variants. So upon purchased I considered wrapping the targa bar in a 3M brushed aluminum and refinishing the wheels. Two wheels had a small amount of curb rash so I started there. Working with RTP Customs here in Atlanta I chose a medium shade liquid silver. It so some where between liquid silver and black chrome. Depending on the light it can have a more chrome appearance while in natural light the chrome tone lessens. These pictures show a bit more chrome effect than in reality. I was a bit nervous as I am not a chrome fan but I am super happy with the outcome.

Just got the car back today and now I am thinking I can skip the targa bar wrap and just replace the mat black ‘targa’ logo with a silver chrome version.

Before

After

The following 2 users liked this post by Ddana:
911Stalker (02-25-2020), Icebreaker (02-02-2020)
Old 02-02-2020, 12:18 AM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GKGEIGER
After I had my GTS for a while I decided I didn't care for the black wheels, so I had them Powder Coated Porsche Platinum Satin. Change the car completely.

I have a 2015 GTS w/ Matte black wheels and I'm worn out cleaning them. I have a family member that owns a powder coating shop, and I'm thinking a gloss gray since my car is dark blue.

How do you handle the centerlock nut when you change colors?
Old 02-02-2020, 10:53 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by Ddana
I purchased this 17’ Targa GTS in December. Even during my search the black targa bar and wheels bothered me on the GTS variants. So upon purchased I considered wrapping the targa bar in a 3M brushed aluminum and refinishing the wheels. Two wheels had a small amount of curb rash so I started there. Working with RTP Customs here in Atlanta I chose a medium shade liquid silver. It so some where between liquid silver and black chrome. Depending on the light it can have a more chrome appearance while in natural light the chrome tone lessens. These pictures show a bit more chrome effect than in reality. I was a bit nervous as I am not a chrome fan but I am super happy with the outcome.

Just got the car back today and now I am thinking I can skip the targa bar wrap and just replace the mat black ‘targa’ logo with a silver chrome version.

Before

After
I agree - you need to do something with the "targa" emblems so they pop. How about getting them painted to match the car's color? Eric at Bumperplugs.com did mine and you do not need to send him your takeoffs.
The following users liked this post:
911Stalker (02-25-2020)
Old 02-02-2020, 03:17 PM
pmiddy
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
I agree - you need to do something with the "targa" emblems so they pop. How about getting them painted to match the car's color? Eric at Bumperplugs.com did mine and you do not need to send him your takeoffs.
I second Bob's suggestion
it makes the Targa in my opinion
Eric was incredible to deal with

Old 02-02-2020, 03:22 PM
GKGEIGER
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
I have a 2015 GTS w/ Matte black wheels and I'm worn out cleaning them. I have a family member that owns a powder coating shop, and I'm thinking a gloss gray since my car is dark blue.

How do you handle the centerlock nut when you change colors?
The Centerlock nuts are untouched.
Old 02-02-2020, 03:35 PM
chekraze
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Ddana

Before

After

terrific. You chose well. May I ask the cost?
Old 02-02-2020, 03:52 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by pmiddy
I second Bob's suggestion
it makes the Targa in my opinion
Eric was incredible to deal with
Nice, color makes them standout:

The following users liked this post:
911Stalker (02-25-2020)
Old 02-02-2020, 03:52 PM
DaveGee
Rennlist Member

Received 476 Likes on 267 Posts

The silver wheels make the car. You should try the silver Targa bar as you suggested. It’s just a wrap - worst case you can always take it off.

DaveGee

Quick Reply: Black wheels :(