Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Excellent Service - Renncommendation!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2019, 06:00 PM
911-TOUR
Rennlist Member

Received 327 Likes on 167 Posts
Default Excellent Service - Renncommendation!

For Houston folks that need a great PDR tech - Juan Alvarez with Dent Dogs did a fantastic job for me today.

Driving home on Beltway 8 from picking up my car after having the water pump replaced last week, my driver's side rear quarter panel got a good size smack right in front of the PPF from rubber-ish debris thown up off oncoming traffic. The hit didn't look like it went through the paint (thankfully!) but left a nice dent. The guy I used to use retired, so I asked around and got Juan's name.

He came out today and after looking at the panel, let me know that he could probably get 90% of it out using a paint-safe "glue and pull" method, but to get to 100% would require drilling a small hole behind the rear wheel liner to access the rear of the panel. I asked him to do his best without drilling. Watching him work, it was clear he really knows the craft and he was meticulous. I asked about the level of difficulty, and he said the main challenge is that the panels on the 991 don't flex the way the older cars do, the material is less ductile, so the techniques he has to use are a bit different (and more time consuming). The final result, however is outstanding. Honestly, he got it 99.9% - I can't tell it was ever there. With all the examples of poor service out there on this board, I wanted to highlight someone who does it really well. Thank you Juan.

cheers!
The following 5 users liked this post by 911-TOUR:
Norge911 (12-20-2019), Omega4 (12-20-2019), rwsteelers (12-20-2019), sr5959 (12-21-2019), WhipE350 (12-20-2019)

Quick Reply: Excellent Service - Renncommendation!