Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSC Sport Controller. Improve your Ride + Handling!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2019, 02:29 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 212 Likes on 183 Posts
Default DSC Sport Controller. Improve your Ride + Handling!

Contact us for pricing!

Porsche
“DSC V2 is AWESOME. Transforms the ride and the car completely. Before I thought the SPASM was too rough in the wrong places and just seemed to upset the car when going over expansion joints on the freeway and uneven roads. With DSC, the ride has smoothed out significantly. Everything reacts better to sudden changes, and there is a lot less squat and dive under hard acceleration and braking. I’m very pleased with the mod and highly recommend it.”

— titleistaddict87, 991 Carrera S

991 (2012-Present)

DSC Sport V3 ControllerAvailable for all 991 models fitted with PASM, the V3 Controller is a simple Plug N Play controller that replaces the factory PASM controller, offering both improved track performance and street comfort. Like all DSC Sport controllers, it allows users to tune by g-force, brake pressure, acceleration, speed, steering, and control the effective damping range via shock calibration. Additionally, the V3 Controller introduces a velocity table and magnetic motor mount tuning control.

The V3 Controller also introduces the ability to tune by velocity, made possible by the factory four wheel ride height sensors now equipped on all 991/981 models. Velocity tuning allows adjustment based on the velocity of the piston rod movement, more accurately tuning the chassis to road surface changes. This feature provides a new dimension of tuning that maximizes both performance and comfort.

For vehicles equipped with the (Porsche Dynamic Engine Mount) PDEM option, the V3 controller improves upon the magnetic motor mount control offered as an option from the factory. This is a vital improvement for precision handling in fast corners, high speed transitions, and rapid load changes.

Retail Price: $1,290.00
Order Now

Tractive DDA – RT Package
Available for all 996, 997, 987, 991, and 981 models; the Road/Track (RT) package is the introductory level coilover kit for the Tractive DDA line. It features the patented DDA damper, swift springs with rates of your choice, and billet aluminum top mounts/camber plates on all four corners. The RT package is suitable for street driving, DE days, club racing, and professional sprint races (<1 hour) with no sacrifices on performance or compliance.

All Tractive DDA packages feature the patented DDA valve. The DDA valve offers the fastest, most dynamic, and most consistent damping range of any electronic damper on the market. Responding to commands from the DSC controller in only six milliseconds, the Tractive DDA allows for a more sophisticated tuning file, relying less heavily on predictive control strategies.

The mechanical build also sets the Tractive DDA line apart from all other class competitors. Offering he finest guide seal, piston, and shim stack arrangement on the market (.01mm guide clearance), the DDA damper withstands heavy load changes with no signs of hysteresis or stiction. The result is the world’s most dynamic suspension system that provides a previously unheard of combination of race-winning performance on the track and daily driver comfort on the street.

***Contact us for more information.***

Tractive DDA – RTx Package
The Road/Track Xtreme (RTx) package offers all the benefits of the RT package with the addition of the remote canister featuring a remote divider piston and optional high/low speed compression adjustment. The RTx package is designed for hardcore competition racers, and it is vital for endurance racing. The additional housing volume for nitrogen and oil provides greater heat dissipation, allowing for more consistent damping over prolonged periods of use.

Tractive DDA – RTx PLUS Package

Building off the features of the RTx package, the RTx PLUS package offers the addition of quick connect fittings for the remote reservoir hose. This allows for ease of installation, as well as eliminating the need to drill holes into the vehicle to mount the remote canister.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
BC Forged / Soul Performance / Akrapovic / Bilstein / HRE / AL13 / CSF + more

Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Old 12-18-2019, 11:33 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Love the DSC controller on my car and since it is a bit heavier than other models it really benefits.
Old 12-20-2019, 02:22 PM
Tpup
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 150 Posts

Any data on the long term maintenance impact of this? Sounds really interesting but I have to wonder if the long term use impacts the life of the parts. My thinking is that stock it's "on/off" but with DSC it adjusts the shocks constantly in real time. Makes me wonder how long they will last??

Thanks for any input.

Roy
Old 12-20-2019, 02:27 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tpup
Any data on the long term maintenance impact of this? Sounds really interesting but I have to wonder if the long term use impacts the life of the parts. My thinking is that stock it's "on/off" but with DSC it adjusts the shocks constantly in real time. Makes me wonder how long they will last??

Thanks for any input.

Roy
Your shocks are always working when driving and even the stock car has a controller, which the DSC replaces.
Old 12-20-2019, 05:39 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,552 Likes on 1,617 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Your shocks are always working when driving and even the stock car has a controller, which the DSC replaces.
How difficult is the install and how much improvement in the ride quality? Does it work/adjust with the SportChrono settings?
Old 12-20-2019, 06:09 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
How difficult is the install and how much improvement in the ride quality? Does it work/adjust with the SportChrono settings?
Very easy and you can find instruction on their web site. I felt an improvement in ride quality and I am always in Sport mode...not sure what you mean about SC settings unless I just answered it!
The following users liked this post:
Meraki Autoworks (12-21-2019)
Old 12-20-2019, 06:46 PM
ddolbi
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

I heard about improvement on ride with DSC. How much will DSC reduce body roll, squat and dive with factory SPASM equipped GTS? I want to reduce body roll a bit without major mod.
Old 12-20-2019, 06:54 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ddolbi
I heard about improvement on ride with DSC. How much will DSC reduce body roll, squat and dive with factory SPASM equipped GTS? I want to reduce body roll a bit without major mod.
I think you will like it since it works well for those on my Targa GTS, which a little more weight up high. I still get some body roll and less squat and dive but it is not eliminated.
Old 12-20-2019, 07:19 PM
Tpup
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 150 Posts

Thanks. I just read up on PSAM, frankly I did not realize that it continually adjusts each wheel based on input. I incorrectly assumed it was just normal and sport (soft/hard) like old school replacing one set of springs/shocks for a more performance oriented setup of the same.

So is it just that the DSC has better software? What makes it better than the Porsche controller? Or is it just one of those things that you have to try it and feel it?

Thanks
Roy
Old 12-20-2019, 07:32 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tpup
Thanks. I just read up on PSAM, frankly I did not realize that it continually adjusts each wheel based on input. I incorrectly assumed it was just normal and sport (soft/hard) like old school replacing one set of springs/shocks for a more performance oriented setup of the same.

So is it just that the DSC has better software? What makes it better than the Porsche controller? Or is it just one of those things that you have to try it and feel it?

Thanks
Roy
Yes & yes! It really is hard to describe but I would suggest buying it and if you are not happy with it just list it in the Marketplace. You can read more about it here and if you have specific questions Tom at TPC will be happy to help! https://www.dscsport.com/porsche/
Old 12-20-2019, 07:42 PM
ddolbi
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

I think you will like it since it works well for those on my Targa GTS, which a little more weight up high. I still get some body roll and less squat and dive but it is not eliminated.
Thanks Bob.
Old 12-20-2019, 11:29 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,552 Likes on 1,617 Posts

Very easy and you can find instruction on their web site. I felt an improvement in ride quality and I am always in Sport mode...not sure what you mean about SC settings unless I just answered it!
You half way answered my question. If you drive with SC in normal mode is the ride more subtle/softer with DSC Controller than OEM?
Old 12-20-2019, 11:31 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

You half way answered my question. If you drive with SC in normal mode is the ride more subtle/softer with DSC Controller than OEM?
Sorry, I have not a clue as I NEVER drive in normal mode, nor will I.
Old 12-21-2019, 01:15 AM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 133 Posts

I have a DSC V3 on my .2 GTS and I was surprised how much it changed the ride quality. With my stock SPASM it changed from a some what harsh ride to much more compliant. The DSC uses a much wider range of control so it can be softer or harder depending on the situation.

I then switched to stiffer springs than the SPASM and I feel that the stock DSC map is no longer ideal. So I think I will try the GT3T map as my springs rates are now similar. So you have off the shelf tuning in the form of set maps or if your adventurous you can start tuning yourself.

One of the best value mods available
The following 3 users liked this post by Ecosse911:
Carlo_Carrera (12-21-2019), Meraki Autoworks (12-21-2019), spyderbret (12-21-2019)
Old 12-21-2019, 07:05 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 212 Likes on 183 Posts

Thanks Bob Z. and everyone for chiming in to answer peoples questions!

For anyone interested, contact us for pricing! Next batch coming in January..

-Josh

Quick Reply: DSC Sport Controller. Improve your Ride + Handling!