Sponsored by:

Who is using bead maker

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2019, 02:13 PM
BudgetPlan1
Instructor

Received 185 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by koven
is it redundant if you already have ceramic coating?
In theory (and practice in my experience) using a polymer based sealant like Beadmaker will actually be a step backwards if you have a quality coating w/ excellent hydrophobic characteristics. You'll be covering those characteristics up with the lesser-performing Beadmaker and it's sealant-like hydrophobic characteristics.

When Beadmaker first came out, I snatched a bottle and tried it on top of a few different coatings. While the slickness certainly increased (which is not a strong suit of most coatings), the self-cleaning and water behavior decreased compared to the coating alone or the coating + synergistic maintenance products.

That said, if that is not your primary concern or you're more concerned with achieving the positive aspects Beadmaker offers (slickness) it certainly won't hurt anything. I really liked using it as it's economical, fun and easy to use and does offer slickness so if that is your preference, continue doing that which makes you smile when you look at your car. For my needs, the inherently positive aspects of a quality coating and the associated maintenance products are my primary concern so it's not for me but as they say, "Find something you like and use it often!"
Old 12-18-2019, 02:53 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Duke I
I used it once and it clouded my windows, not sure why. Was difficult to remove the clouding: tried IPA, denatured alcohol, cp eraser, Adams window cleaner all with no success. Finally got it off with windex with ammonia. Won't use it again.
I use it on glass but its residual left overs on the towel. I noticed that if you spray it on glass like you would on paint it can streak. But going over it with a completely dry towel it all comes off in like 5-10 seconds, at least for me.

Quick Reply: Who is using bead maker