Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any recent Costco experiences with TPMS install?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2019 | 11:46 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Opioids, crack, heroin...come to mind. Wow!
About a month ago, my 911 had a nail in the rear tire and America’s Tires patched it for free, and I didn’t even buy this tire from them. Folks, whether the rim/wheel is 13” or 22” uber low profile tire, center lock, gold plated, blah blah blah, they are just tires. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist and a fine scalpel to remove a tire from a rim. If you have the patience and a little bit of skills, anyone can remove a tire from a rim using a large flat head screw driver, chisel, and a rubber mallet, if need be. That’s some MacGuyver $hit, I know, but it can be done if you are desperate.
Stealerships and the automobile business in general love to use scare tactics to con consumers. It's just business, they say? Wrong. Yes, there's a sucker born every minute. Don't be that sucker.

Last edited by luv2sleep; 11-27-2019 at 12:09 AM.
Old 11-27-2019 | 07:03 PM
SLC Tortfeasor
Instructor

Just chiming in to offer my experience with Costco. Great deal on tires, and I got a rebate based on my executive membership. I shopped while my tires were done, so that was convenient. But they did mar my rims somewhat. Not bad enough that I wanted to raise a stink about it, especially where the rims already weren't pristine. But I could tell that whoever did the work was not careful enough with the rims. If I had it to do over again, I probably would complain about the damage to the rims.

Quick Reply: Any recent Costco experiences with TPMS install?