Sponsored by:

KW HAS and DCS

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2019, 09:09 PM
eysa
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Default KW HAS and DCS

Had my car(.2 GTS) lowered using KW HAS last week and for the first 100 miles it drove fairly close to stock. I took it in yesterday to lower the front just a tad more(1/4") after settling and to my surprise the ride has changed pretty drastically. My biggest concern about lowering the car is that it would become bouncy and thats exactly what its doing. Luckily I can simply raise the front up a bit and probably the rear to match but it looks so good i'd hate to have to do that. I've been reading a little about the module and from what some have reported it seems it helps eliminate the bounce as a result of lowering. When I called DSC direct I was told the same but am still not 100% convinced and hoping some here can shed some more light on the issue before I go spending $1300 only to find out it won't fix my problem. Has anyone had first hand experience with the DSC module eliminating the bounce of a lowered car?
Old 11-19-2019, 10:52 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 1,006 Likes on 598 Posts

Originally Posted by eysa
Had my car(.2 GTS) lowered using KW HAS last week and for the first 100 miles it drove fairly close to stock. I took it in yesterday to lower the front just a tad more(1/4") after settling and to my surprise the ride has changed pretty drastically. My biggest concern about lowering the car is that it would become bouncy and thats exactly what its doing. Luckily I can simply raise the front up a bit and probably the rear to match but it looks so good i'd hate to have to do that. I've been reading a little about the module and from what some have reported it seems it helps eliminate the bounce as a result of lowering. When I called DSC direct I was told the same but am still not 100% convinced and hoping some here can shed some more light on the issue before I go spending $1300 only to find out it won't fix my problem. Has anyone had first hand experience with the DSC module eliminating the bounce of a lowered car?
It definitely gives more adjust-ability around damping and rebound, so it should help A LOT with the "bounce". That's been my experience from playing around with the maps. I think there are a few used ones in the marketplace. I think I might have seen one on 6speed Online market place too.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:59 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,424 Likes on 2,341 Posts

My car is not lowered but I notice the rear does not lift when braking nor does the front rise when taking off and it well worth the money spent on new one so if you can get a used one for less all the better.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:01 AM
eysa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Joec500
It definitely gives more adjust-ability around damping and rebound, so it should help A LOT with the "bounce". That's been my experience from playing around with the maps. I think there are a few used ones in the marketplace. I think I might have seen one on 6speed Online market place too.
Is this something I will need to keep messing with or simply plug and play with the hopes it serves its purpose?
Old 11-20-2019, 10:11 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Is this something I will need to keep messing with or simply plug and play with the hopes it serves its purpose?
Plug and play. It is adjustable if someone wants to customize it but once set it is good to go. I told Tom what I was looking for and he set it up so I all I needed to do was plug it in.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:20 AM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Received 1,183 Likes on 698 Posts

A DSC may help some, I noticed it had a smoothing effect on my car, but you also might be too low for what the OEM dampers can handle. You are 1/4" lower than a GT3.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:25 AM
eysa
Rennlist Member

i'm just curious and this may be a silly question but how can the module make a difference if the issue with the bounce stems from the ride height and the compression of the shocks? I mean if the shocks are compressed a certain amount allowing for less damping and rebound of the shocks how can the module change that? also, if purchasing the module with the intent of reducing or in a perfect world eliminating the bounce do i need to have them program it a certain way or will it serve its purpose right out of the box?
Old 11-20-2019, 10:32 AM
eysa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AdamSanta85
A DSC may help some, I noticed it had a smoothing effect on my car, but you also might be too low for what the OEM dampers can handle. You are 1/4" lower than a GT3.
I'm at 27" front and rear but will go out and measure again to be 100% sure. I'm leaning towards buying one and if it doesn't completely eliminate the bounce I will simply raise it up a 1/4". Looking back now I should have gone with coilover from the get go. With the cost of the HAS and DSC i'd be spending just as much.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:42 AM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Received 1,183 Likes on 698 Posts

I'm at 27" front and rear but will go out and measure again to be 100% sure. I'm leaning towards buying one and if it doesn't completely eliminate the bounce I will simply raise it up a 1/4". Looking back now I should have gone with coilover from the get go. With the cost of the HAS and DSC i'd be spending just as much.
GT3 is 27.25" F/R

You might have wanted the DSC with coilovers anyway. It's a nice unit.

This is a pretty boring video, but does a decent job of demonstrating it's benefits

Old 11-20-2019, 05:33 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 169 Posts

Hey,

We sold 2 of the DSC units just this past week for 991.2 owners. We just started selling DSC this month as well. It's a great product, especially for Porsche owners. I was at Buttonwillow race track this week and talked to some owners about the module. They said they love it and are surprised how user friendly it is.

Contact us for pricing!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
BC Forged / Soul Performance / Akrapovic / Bilstein / HRE / AL13 / CSF + more

Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Old 11-20-2019, 06:39 PM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 132 Posts

i'm just curious and this may be a silly question but how can the module make a difference if the issue with the bounce stems from the ride height and the compression of the shocks? I mean if the shocks are compressed a certain amount allowing for less damping and rebound of the shocks how can the module change that? also, if purchasing the module with the intent of reducing or in a perfect world eliminating the bounce do i need to have them program it a certain way or will it serve its purpose right out of the box?
I thought the DSC also had the capability to zero out the new ride height? The fact that it has this capability suggests that there is some mapping of the shock valving to the amount compressed. Is it possible that when you adjusted down again that you crossed some ride height threshold that negatively affected the shock valving response and then rebound.

I just ordered a DSC (Josh at Meraki Autowrorks hooked me up) as I have heard nothing but praise for this unit on both stock and modified suspension setups. The other selling point was the capability to zero out the ride height (mentioned above). There was a thread where I think Tom TPC discussed this function.
The following users liked this post:
Meraki Autoworks (11-20-2019)
Old 11-20-2019, 06:43 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

I am running their GT Touring Map (on my DSC) and it works well for me, which Tom at TPC said it would.
The following users liked this post:
Meraki Autoworks (11-20-2019)
Old 11-20-2019, 08:26 PM
eysa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ecosse911
I thought the DSC also had the capability to zero out the new ride height? The fact that it has this capability suggests that there is some mapping of the shock valving to the amount compressed. Is it possible that when you adjusted down again that you crossed some ride height threshold that negatively affected the shock valving response and then rebound.

I just ordered a DSC (Josh at Meraki Autowrorks hooked me up) as I have heard nothing but praise for this unit on both stock and modified suspension setups. The other selling point was the capability to zero out the ride height (mentioned above). There was a thread where I think Tom TPC discussed this function.

I too have heard(and read) nothing but praise for the DSC and to be honest if it weren't for the bounce and wanting to keep the ride height where it is now I don't feel i have a need for it as this is not my DD nor do I plan on tracking it.
Old 11-21-2019, 12:45 PM
GT3ZZZ
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 86 Posts

Collecting my 991.2 T tomorrow which is now running KW HAS (25mm drop front, 15mm rear), KW 8mm spacers all round and DSCV3 with custom maps for the T and a fresh geo.
Old 11-21-2019, 12:56 PM
eysa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT3ZZZ
Collecting my 991.2 T tomorrow which is now running KW HAS (25mm drop front, 15mm rear), KW 8mm spacers all round and DSCV3 with custom maps for the T and a fresh geo.
Would love to hear feedback on ride quality and if you could measure front/rear heights i'd greatly appreciate it.

Quick Reply: KW HAS and DCS