Rear fender sharkfin protection

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2019, 02:29 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 767 Likes on 545 Posts
Default Rear fender sharkfin protection

Factory clear sharkfin was removed during full fender PPF install. Does anyone have a scan of the original shape?

I would like to enlarge the factory sharkfin in the up and forward dimension for better protection. My PPF installer had a white 911 in the shop and after the factory clear sharkfin removal, the amount of chips around it was really substantial.

Yes, I want to protect the PPF that is there. At about $900 per full fender, it’s an easy choice for me. I have a source for magnetic sheets and there are numerous vinyls that could be applied as well as gloss or matte PPF.

If this works out well it could be helpful to others, that want to to protect the PPF that is protecting the paint.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 10-26-2019, 03:31 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

I've got 2 layers of PPF. The entire fender, then the original shaped one on top.
Old 10-26-2019, 05:51 PM
DaveGee
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 272 Posts

You’re over-complicating this Jack. Just have your PPF guy cover the entire area in front of the rear wheels. No template required. A good PPF guy can do this without a template. Cover the whole area - no shark fin necessary.

DaveGee
Old 10-26-2019, 09:26 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 767 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGee
You’re over-complicating this Jack. Just have your PPF guy cover the entire area in front of the rear wheels. No template required. A good PPF guy can do this without a template. Cover the whole area - no shark fin necessary.

DaveGee
Dave, it’s just something I want to do. The whole fender is clovers in PPF. I’m not interested in another layer of PPF in that area. That why I asked the question.

I might have to go to a dealer with a big piece of paper and trace out the sharkfin. i would like one larger than Magnagrafix offers.

Quick Reply: Rear fender sharkfin protection