Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I need to replace my drive belt? Pic attached

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 10:39 AM
Tbounds
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

Does anyone know the direct phone number for service issues/ cpo?
Old 10-28-2019, 08:24 AM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Received 1,134 Likes on 680 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerry991
Part of CPO is that all required service has been done which means all of the services through 6 years should have been done in order to meet CPO requirements. So the dealer had to do those services and it can easily be determined if they were done and if not the dealer could have some answering to do with Porsche.
Shockingly this is not Porsche’s interpretation. Ask to see their interpretation in writing and they will state it’s not available to the public. I just went through this situation.

That being said if you keep pushing you can likely get them to cover it.
Old 10-28-2019, 09:27 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,389 Likes on 2,510 Posts

Originally Posted by Tbounds
Does anyone know the direct phone number for service issues/ cpo?
800-767-7243
Old 10-28-2019, 01:52 PM
Tbounds
Racer

Well thanks again to this forum . I actually called Porsche NA customer service and explained about the drive belt not being changed with cpo when I bought the car. They agreed with me and because my selling dealer was so far away they offered a $500 voucher to have it changed at my dealer locally . They also said they would be sending the selling dealer a letter for them to make it right what ever that means.
Thank you guys for all the help.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:40 PM
Class5Kayaker
Pro

Received 211 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Pilot12
Good to know. I’ll take a look at it. Sounds like I can let it ride for now and I might just do that. Thanks for the tip.
$20-$30 part (depending on where you purchase it from). It is not difficult, but takes a little time to do, especially if it's your first time removing the rear bumper and spoiler. I'd just wait until you replace the engine air filters and do it then.

My DIY is located here: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1043...ement-diy.html
Old 11-04-2019, 08:34 PM
Tbounds
Racer

They did send me a $500 voucher I will wait for my yearly service and use it then
The following users liked this post:
Class5Kayaker (11-05-2019)
Old 11-05-2019, 12:06 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 278 Likes on 139 Posts

I did my belt based on time (2013 car, only 22K miles) during an air filter service, bumper off. For the record, it looked brand new !! I don't regret doing it because I had access and it is cheap, but it was totally unnecessary.
While it wasn't quite as easy as replacing, say, a cabin filter, if a left handed monkey such as me can do it, I recommend you do so and save a bundle next time you have 3 free hours on a week end and need some free therapy.
Great bonding experience, the tutorials on this site are fantastic (see link above, thanks again for that one), it's really simple.
Class5Kayaker (11-05-2019)
Old 11-06-2019, 01:42 AM
GONEIN10
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Pilot12
Guys, my local Indy is suggesting that I replace my drive belt below. 2015 C2S with 26k miles. Is this an immediate issue or can it wait? Also, how much should this cost for replacement? Thanks for the input.

The integrity of that belt has been compromised. It's not a question of if it will fail but when it will fail.
Old 07-19-2022, 07:23 PM
dflowerz
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

I think I am going indy from now on. I took my 2017 C2s to my local dealer (where I bought the car) for an oil change and a brake fluid flush. Car has 17K miles and is 6 years old. The service manager came back with a list of stuff to do including the belt change, PDK fluid replacement, spark plugs, and various filters and a price tag over 9,000 dollars. I was speechless for a moment and decided pretty quickly to just do the oil change and brake fluid flush. Guess I will try and have a look at the belt and also get a quote from an indy!
Old 07-19-2022, 07:57 PM
Tbounds
Racer

I would ask if he has lost his mind
Old 07-19-2022, 08:17 PM
MingusDew
Burning Brakes

Received 1,054 Likes on 535 Posts

Originally Posted by dflowerz
I think I am going indy from now on. I took my 2017 C2s to my local dealer (where I bought the car) for an oil change and a brake fluid flush. Car has 17K miles and is 6 years old. The service manager came back with a list of stuff to do including the belt change, PDK fluid replacement, spark plugs, and various filters and a price tag over 9,000 dollars. I was speechless for a moment and decided pretty quickly to just do the oil change and brake fluid flush. Guess I will try and have a look at the belt and also get a quote from an indy!
The spark plugs are 2+ years overdue (3yr/30k) for a 2017. Air filter is 1+ years overdue (4yr/40k). He’s just presenting you with a list of deferred maintenance that should have been done already. Nothing shady going on. My local dealer price is not much higher than the local indy. Hell, one of the indy shops had higher price than the dealer, but that’s SoCal for you I guess. Out of all the things listed i would be most focused on the spark plugs, as they are the most deferred, and it’s a total pain if a spark plug freezes in the head and the threads rip out when you pull the plug. That’s the main reason you wouldn’t want to wait too long to do the plugs. The air filter is probably fine for a bit longer, based on miles/time, it’s going to eventually disintegrate from age but will take a bit longer than the 4 years they recommend. The PDK fluid would be good to do, but you can also consider it separate and defer a little longer if it’s driving fine. I think some of the concern there is possible water getting into the hydraulic system over time, but I’m not 100% sure, not as up on automatic transmission tech. You won’t save $ doing most of these together unless the shop just wants to be friendly and give discount, because they aren’t saving labor doing them all at once.
NF4710 (07-20-2022)
Old 07-19-2022, 09:19 PM
dflowerz
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the info. I am going to stop by an indy shop and get some quotes. I agree that that the items the SA mentioned are due according to Porsche, but it is the price that shocked me. 9000 bucks??? My first thought is that sales are down so they are trying to make it up with nutty service fees. Either that or I am naive about 911 service costs. This is an Autonation dealership so not sure how much that matters. So far I have been happy with the service department over the last 6 years. That included a major repair replacing two wiring harnesses that a rat chewed up. The difference this time is that I was looking at an estimate that just seem surreal.
Old 07-19-2022, 09:30 PM
Tbounds
Racer

I believe the trans service is at 100k miles , the serpentine belt is 6 years not sure about mileage but your way under it for sure , plugs every 3 years , brake fluid every 2 years
Old 07-25-2022, 04:25 PM
dflowerz
Burning Brakes

Short follow up. Went by Squires in Bellevue and had a nice talk with the service manager there. In short, the stuff that Porsche Bellevue quoted me 9K to do will cost a maximum of 2K at Squires. Not sure what is going on at Porsche Bellevue. They even had a recommendation to replace some front wheel drive fluids and my car is rear wheel drive. Seriously wondering if they mixed my car up with a GT2 RS or something. Anyway Porsche Bellevue lost a customer and Squires gained one! Booked a service with them for October.
Old 07-25-2022, 04:30 PM
stellman
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

My local dealer's labor rate is $325/hour, so $9k isn't out of the question, lol.

Quick Reply: Do I need to replace my drive belt? Pic attached