Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A better way to get your Tire Rack tires installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2019 | 05:50 PM
smohr33
Racer

Originally Posted by Ceepe
Wow, that is such a good idea. I struggle with tire mounting year in and year out. My local tire shops are beyond terrible. I sometimes order a wheel and tire from tire rack just so they can mount and balance them properly, as opposed to only a tire. Doesn't look like there are any tread connections in Tri-state area yet. Hopefully soon. I love this model. Aside from the mobile component I was just thinking a high end tire wheel shop in a fixed location around here would do well. Can't think of a single OCD performance tire shop anywhere around CT, NY, etc.
I guess I'm lucky to have a great tire shop local to me on Long Island. Very well known family owned place, been a customer for many years, they've mounted countless sets of tires for me from slicks to truck tires and I've never had an issue. Happy to share their info if you don't mind the trip.
Old 10-23-2019 | 06:22 PM
AndyBB
Intermediate

Default East Valley Service.

Looks like we have a service in Az but they have a different name, 2UTire, anyone used them with a good experience?

https://www.tirerack.com/installer/I...RatingsReviews
Old 10-23-2019 | 06:55 PM
LexVan
Banned

Nice write-up, Doc. Thank you.
Old 10-23-2019 | 09:41 PM
damien996
Advanced

I’ve got a mobile company I used in Northern VA hat did a great job for me and also one of my friends. The company is ASAP Tire installation Mobil, https://www.asaptire.com, (888) 680-2727. They came out to my house and changed one tire. They were a little late due to a scheduling conflict in rush hour traffic and they changed the tire for free (I didn’t even ask for a discount). They’re also a franchise but they’re not based out of VA, they had someone doing the scheduling that lives in California and had no idea how the traffic patterns in Northern VA move during rush hour.
Old 10-24-2019 | 08:29 AM
gatorfast
Burning Brakes

I have used a mobile company here in south florida several times. Nothing beats the convenience of having someone come to your home or office to install the tires. However, the owner of the company here can be a little flaky and I have had a few scheduling issues with him. But the service itself was excellent and professional with the right tools and no issues.
Old 02-10-2020 | 05:22 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Hello to all on this post. I just saw this or would have responded sooner. I've been a Rennlist poster for many years and active PCA member. I'm one of the owners of Tread Connection at the corporate level. We are based on Charlotte NC but have franchise locations across the country and adding more each week. One of our franchise owners is even a Lemans 24 winner :-)

Thanks for your support!
The following users liked this post:
SFZ GT3 (05-22-2020)
Old 02-10-2020 | 07:33 PM
rchaas
Rennlist Member

Amazing, they have a franchise in Tulsa. Happen to be in the market for new rubber. Will contact them for consideration.

Thanks!
Old 02-10-2020 | 08:41 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

That is so cool! Thanks for posting.
Old 02-10-2020 | 09:10 PM
ShaunP
Racer

For those in the greater Philadelphia area we have Jack Tire. Cheap, convenient, they know their stuff and called ahead to check if I had center lug wheels. The only downside is they don’t have road force balancing - it’s just a normal balancer.
Old 02-10-2020 | 10:01 PM
TAch Miami
Racer

Originally Posted by gatorfast
I have used a mobile company here in south florida several times. Nothing beats the convenience of having someone come to your home or office to install the tires. However, the owner of the company here can be a little flaky and I have had a few scheduling issues with him. But the service itself was excellent and professional with the right tools and no issues.
Is that Carlos by any chance?
Old 02-11-2020 | 12:58 AM
_RS_
Rennlist Member

That's a good option for Tire Rack customers, close on 20yrs for me too. My SA said they would do 4 mount and balance for $160 (plus taxes etc no doubt) but even then it's not the usual Porsche extravagant cost. Perhaps I should get that in writing.
Old 05-22-2020 | 04:29 PM
raysmd
Instructor

BTW, I used the same service as you did and Mike and his partner did a great job. Swapped out the cayenne tires and mounted the RS track tires. Installed new TPMS for both sets of wheels. Works perfect. Why wait in line at tire shop? Just have them come to your home or business. Couldn’t be happier with the service. A+

Originally Posted by drcollie
I have been a Tire Rack customer for over 20 years now, the difficult part has always been getting them mounted. Today I am using a new mobile service that is on the Tire Rack website, "Tread Connection" for new MIchelins for my BMW X4. I have to say, this is great - Mike (shown here in the photos) owns the Northern Virginia franchise and he takes delivery of the new tires from Tire Rack, then shows up the day after they arrive to install them. He has a Corgi 5000 Tire Machine from Italy in the van that can do up to 30" Diameter and 44" wide without damaging the wheel. He shows up at my office on time and does it all in the parking lot while I'm inside working. No distractions, he can focus just on my vehicle. I don't have to screw around an afternoon waiting at a tire shop, I love it. In the Wash DC area his number is 202-981-1827, and I think there are operators all over the country in major markets. This is definitely the future of no-hassle tire installation. I'll be calling him again with the 991 needs new shoes.

Cost to do all four including mounting, balance and haul away the old tires. $ 120 to do all including the stop at the office.

Old 05-22-2020 | 05:56 PM
darylbowden
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BIGWORM
This is excellent! Look forward to them coming to SOCAL area. Id use them! That machine is no joke too. That's the GOOD one to use.
I've used a company called ZipTire in Los Angeles a few times for my 991, 964 and my wife's GLE43. They work with tire rack as well and get the tires shipped to them and then show up at your house/business/whatever. They've been great every time for me. Same price too, $120-ish each time.
Old 05-22-2020 | 06:00 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

If someone knows of such a service in the north/central FL area please let me know...I hate going to tire shops.
Old 05-22-2020 | 06:09 PM
Class5Kayaker
Pro

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
If someone knows of such a service in the north/central FL area please let me know...I hate going to tire shops.
Hahaha.....I was wondering the same thing (I live near Destin). I've actually debated opening one of these franchises when I retire from the military. Something to keep me busy while I enjoy the 75% retirement pay after 30 years of being in the military.
The following 2 users liked this post by Class5Kayaker:
Pavegeno928 (05-22-2020), SFZ GT3 (05-22-2020)

Quick Reply: A better way to get your Tire Rack tires installed