Sponsored by:

C-T winter wheel thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 10:33 PM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

Received 565 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
I am not sure I really want to get a winter set for the 911, since I have Quattro cars to drive in the nasty, dirty winter :-) ...but i do need to keep the battery charged, since where I store the car, i don’t have an outlet for a trickle charger. So, that makes me think of picking up a winter set. And, since i plan to keep this car for a while, it would maybe worth it in the long run.

I’d like to stay with a darker paint finish and stick with a factory wheel, and maybe get something different than the standard T... either the black Carrera S set or the Sport wheels.

...i just wish you could get these Sport wheels with winter rubber. Ideas?

I believe the wheels Suncoast features can be ordered through dealer parts as well. You should be able to get that wheel, and put a snow tire on it. They make a couple snows in the 20 inch sizing.
If the dealer or Suncoast won't sell it as a winter package, try to just get the wheel and source the tire somewhere else.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:53 PM
myrr
Pro

Received 312 Likes on 154 Posts

Suncoast now has the winter sets on sale - I bit on the 19” set. Long term investment, i figure https://www.suncoastparts.com/category/POXXTE992.html
Old 10-14-2019, 09:57 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 302 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
I am not sure I really want to get a winter set for the 911, since I have Quattro cars to drive in the nasty, dirty winter :-) ...but i do need to keep the battery charged, since where I store the car, i don’t have an outlet for a trickle charger. So, that makes me think of picking up a winter set. And, since i plan to keep this car for a while, it would maybe worth it in the long run.

I’d like to stay with a darker paint finish and stick with a factory wheel, and maybe get something different than the standard T... either the black Carrera S set or the Sport wheels.

...i just wish you could get these Sport wheels with winter rubber. Ideas?

The sport wheels on the GT Silver 911 is just the bomb. Maybe call Suncoast and they will do a winter package with the Sport Wheel.
The following users liked this post:
BlackOptic (10-15-2019)
Old 10-15-2019, 12:45 AM
BlackOptic
Burning Brakes

Received 545 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by PJ Cayenne
The sport wheels on the GT Silver 911 is just the bomb. Maybe call Suncoast and they will do a winter package with the Sport Wheel.
Yeah, I hear you. Like this picture below? :-)

As some folks are saying on the other active (All Season) thread... i am not really planning to go into snow in the winter, so i just need a All Season tire that works in cooler temps vs a squishy snow tire.

But, the only performance AS that tire rack shows is the Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS. Anyone know that tire?

Old 10-15-2019, 01:56 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

There is a whole thread on the bridgestones.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:18 PM
BlackOptic
Burning Brakes

Received 545 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
There is a whole thread on the bridgestones.
Here https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1103...a-re980as.html
Great, thanks for the heads up!

Quick Reply: C-T winter wheel thoughts