Carmine Red over Black/Bordeaux Red interior

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 11:37 AM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 746 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by LloydStC
I had a conversation with a Porsche Brand Ambassador at the original dealer for this particular car in Bend, OR and he remembers this car very well. He said it was spec'd by Porsche Exclusive (as a way to demonstrate their design concepts) and then offered to dealers and his dealership took it because they don't get many Targa 4S's in their normal allocations. He said that because of the high price point ($179K MSRP) and the unusual color combination, the car did not sell and they ultimately dealer traded it to a Porsche dealership in Texas, but he didn't know which one. The Carfax doesn't identify which one either but likely in San Antonio where it was first registered with 205 miles. They received it in April 2017 and traded it in February 2018 apparently as that is the month of the first Texas safety inspection. The good news is that it was inside in their showroom for all that time. Warranty in service date is 6/15/18. You can take your pick on the reasons it did not sell in Oregon.

Is the fact that it was spec'd by Porsche Exclusive mean anything?

I think a dealer can say anything with the hopes that the potential buyer believes it. I find it difficulty to believe that Porsche Exclusive built a car like that and then tries to find a dealer that wants it. Most dealers custom build their own cars to their specs since they know what has sold, what is liked and what sits on the lot. If the point was that Porsche Exclusive specd this and that it is more special, then I would not agree. Nonetheless, you either like it or not. I think you should love it at a price point like that. Good luck.
Old 10-14-2019, 04:31 PM
LloydStC
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Keep in mind that when looking at the interior from back to front there is a lot of Black.

OP: Offer them $120k and tell them you are serious at that number and if they refuse offer to give them your phone# to call in case they change their mind.
After the seller dropped to $127k in the ad and $125k privately, I offered $118k last Wednesday and he declined claiming he’s had wholesale offers higher than that. So I’ve been thinking about waiting for a couple more days and going back with $120k. Any other suggestions?
Old 10-15-2019, 09:32 AM
LloydStC
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Keep in mind that when looking at the interior from back to front there is a lot of Black.

OP: Offer them $120k and tell them you are serious at that number and if they refuse offer to give them your phone# to call in case they change their mind.
seller dropped price to $125k after I offered $118k and that was last week. I’m thinking going back in at $120k later this week. Thoughts?
Old 10-15-2019, 09:40 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by LloydStC
seller dropped price to $125k after I offered $118k and that was last week. I’m thinking going back in at $120k later this week. Thoughts?
Just tell then you are serious at $120k and I think you will get it.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:13 AM
gripshifter
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

I think it looks nice if you like red. Personally I prefer more contrast between in interior and exterior, but I don't think it looks bad at all. Go with what you think since it's so subjective.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:51 AM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 425 Likes on 277 Posts

As far as interiors go my car is black over Garnet red. I can’t tell you how many compliments I get. Everybody really seems to like it. I go to cars and coffee on Saturday morning and occasionally there is a guy with a similar spec car to mine, but with a black interior. I never thought I’d say this, but I like mine much better. Maybe that’s just because I own it.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:06 PM
Elmiko
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I also have the black/garnet red interior and it is beautiful. The garnet red shade is bright enough to have some “pop” but is a little more subdued than some of the other red interiors.
Old 10-17-2019, 04:11 PM
Paliknight
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Pics please! What was the price difference?
Old 10-17-2019, 04:13 PM
Paliknight
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by neil.schneider
As far as interiors go my car is black over Garnet red. I can’t tell you how many compliments I get. Everybody really seems to like it. I go to cars and coffee on Saturday morning and occasionally there is a guy with a similar spec car to mine, but with a black interior. I never thought I’d say this, but I like mine much better. Maybe that’s just because I own it.
Pics please! What was the price difference?

Quick Reply: Carmine Red over Black/Bordeaux Red interior