Sponsored by:

Price check on a S Cab

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 10:03 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,413 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Originally Posted by Tbounds
and something to do with manual transmission cars maybe flush of hydraulic fluid for slave cylinder not sure look it it up on service manuals
On our manual cars, the clutch fluid and brake fluid are a shared system. So, when you do the 2-year brake fluid flush, you are essentially servicing the clutch as well.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:33 PM
Porsche Jeff
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

My buddy just sold his 2012 991S Cabriolet go for $59,500 with 20K miles. His MSRP was $122K. Car was in great shape. 7 speed MT with newer tires.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:43 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 1,035 Likes on 556 Posts

Yes, I'm starting to think I'm paying too much. It's a great build and I really like it. Seller claimed he was selling it to me for what he was offered by RAC in Texas. Said they would wire him the money and show up with a transport. I'm financing a portion so there are a couple of hoops to jump through so there's the seller's PIA factor with dealing with me. I found a couple pics I can show, they're already on Rennlist before and from searching the interweb. These are from the dealer the current owner bought it from. The car is in just about the same shape sans the front bumper. The bumper has some chips in the front now.

Old 10-03-2019, 03:54 AM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Nobody has any thoughts on a price? I just have this nagging feeling I'm paying too much.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:55 AM
mikeearly
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by prairiedawg
Nobody has any thoughts on a price? I just have this nagging feeling I'm paying too much.
If you think that you are paying too much ... then you probably have decided that the car is not worth (to you) what they want for it ... no matter what happens - if you walk away from it you'll always wonder if you should have gone ahead and spent the $ so you could be enjoying the car ... if you buy it at this price then you'll always wonder if you could have found one just like it for less. Just decide if you really really want this car and if so then suck it up and get it done!

P.S. I've read thru this thread a couple of times now and I don't see any mention of the actual price ... so the answer to your question has to be "I don't have any idea if it is too much or not".
Old 10-03-2019, 08:45 AM
drcollie
Rennlist Member

Received 4,355 Likes on 1,526 Posts

Exactly. Why the big mystery on what the "buy price" is?
Old 10-03-2019, 09:45 AM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 408 Posts

How can we tell you if you’re paying too much if you don’t tell us the asking price?
Old 10-03-2019, 10:37 AM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mikeearly
If you think that you are paying too much ... then you probably have decided that the car is not worth (to you) what they want for it ... no matter what happens - if you walk away from it you'll always wonder if you should have gone ahead and spent the $ so you could be enjoying the car ... if you buy it at this price then you'll always wonder if you could have found one just like it for less. Just decide if you really really want this car and if so then suck it up and get it done!

P.S. I've read thru this thread a couple of times now and I don't see any mention of the actual price ... so the answer to your question has to be "I don't have any idea if it is too much or not".
You're right, I don't disagree with anything you have said. I haven't indicated the price because even though this forum is great for any number of reasons, any thread I've seen like this there's always people telling you paid too much no matter what the price.

I suppose I should say it. Asking price was $72k. I agreed to 71k. This was before I realized manual Cabs sold significantly lower than coupes. I just thought PDK's and manuals were just different markets. If the car is worth the asking price then so be it. I just don't want to be underwater at title signing. I know they all depreciate, fact of life. I just like to be an educated consumer, no matter what I buy.
Old 10-03-2019, 05:17 PM
mikeearly
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

...Asking price was $72k. I agreed to 71k. This was before I realized manual Cabs sold significantly lower than coupes. I just thought PDK's and manuals were just different markets. If the car is worth the asking price then so be it. I just don't want to be underwater at title signing. I know they all depreciate, fact of life. I just like to be an educated consumer, no matter what I buy.
As an owner of a very clean 2013 S Cab, I have a fair awareness of the market for a good clean 2013 S Cab. And, I'd say that you are in the ballpark of what I have seen - and would expect if I tried to sell mine. While mine is a PDK I have never focused on whether it is worth more or less than a manual --- cause I have always felt it is worth what the buyer is willing to pay. Depending on the buyer the PDK could be big attraction or a big turn-off.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:19 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mikeearly
As an owner of a very clean 2013 S Cab, I have a fair awareness of the market for a good clean 2013 S Cab. And, I'd say that you are in the ballpark of what I have seen - and would expect if I tried to sell mine. While mine is a PDK I have never focused on whether it is worth more or less than a manual --- cause I have always felt it is worth what the buyer is willing to pay. Depending on the buyer the PDK could be big attraction or a big turn-off.
Thank you, that is what I'm looking for. Just confirmation I'm in the ballpark. $1k one way or the other isn't a big deal. $5-6k, that's another story

It is a nice clean car sans the bumper cover. I think the bumper is just a victim of driving in Texas. lots of dust, rocks etc on the roads. Not the end of the world and I'm moving forward with the purchase. PPI scheduled next week. Looks like a nice car that hasn't been abused with the exception of the minor one time event hundreds of hours ago. Interestingly, I had two different Porsche dealers tell me they can still certify a range 4 over rev car as long as its in the single digits. This goes counter to everything I have read on these forums and I trust folks here about these cars than some Porsche dealers. But two different dealers told me the exact same thing so I assume there's something to it.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:41 PM
HkPlinker
Three Wheelin'

Received 141 Likes on 107 Posts

For reference I bought a decked out 13 C2S CAB, PDK with a $138,400 sticker with full CPO six months ago for 54,000. It has 64k miles, but who cares, it's a CPO. The car is stunning. My favorite yet.
For that kind of money, I would want a Porsche CPO, no doubt
Old 10-03-2019, 08:59 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

DO NOT listen the those that say manuals do not sell, PDKs are easier, yada, yada, yada. I would not have a P-car now if it did not have a manual and there are enough buyers out there that want them, now and when you are ready to sell. I have read countless threads on this forum about people looking for manuals and not being able to find them, Cabs, included. I was going to get a manual Cab until I drove the Targa. In regards to the price, if you like the car and it is within your budget just buy it and don't worry about a few grand.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:53 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
DO NOT listen the those that say manuals do not sell, PDKs are easier, yada, yada, yada. I would not have a P-car now if it did not have a manual and there are enough buyers out there that want them, now and when you are ready to sell. I have read countless threads on this forum about people looking for manuals and not being able to find them, Cabs, included. I was going to get a manual Cab until I drove the Targa. In regards to the price, if you like the car and it is within your budget just buy it and don't worry about a few grand.
Thank you for your reassurance. In my opinion this is a well spec'd car.

You're right, I found other manuals for sale that were well spec'd and I didn't buy them because they sold right away. This one's at the ceiling of my budget but it is what I'm looking for. I have been looking for over a year and I think I found it. Is there another one out there, yes I'm sure, but this one's right here now. At this point I think my only regret will be that I'll have by late October.......in Chicago!

Nothing like looking forward to spring and summer than your new (to you) Cab waiting for you.
Old 10-03-2019, 11:03 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

You have the right attitude but you can still drive the car, with the top up! Keep us posted...
Old 10-04-2019, 01:50 AM
HkPlinker
Three Wheelin'

Received 141 Likes on 107 Posts

Thank you for your reassurance. In my opinion this is a well spec'd car.

You're right, I found other manuals for sale that were well spec'd and I didn't buy them because they sold right away. This one's at the ceiling of my budget but it is what I'm looking for. I have been looking for over a year and I think I found it. Is there another one out there, yes I'm sure, but this one's right here now. At this point I think my only regret will be that I'll have by late October.......in Chicago!

Nothing like looking forward to spring and summer than your new (to you) Cab waiting for you.

PDawg,
I bought my last Porsche for me not the next guy down the road I'm going to sell it to. Just like I did on my last three 911's I've owned. I have never had a problem selling any one of them. In fact, I had several people in line for my 930. I was patient and picky and bought the car I wanted just for me, every time. I chose the year model, the color, the options and condition I wanted. Period. There are hundreds, if not thousands of Porsches out there to choose from. Be picky, you can afford it. Buy the one you want.
So, clear your head and pull the trigger on the car you want. Who cares if it's 2,500 too much the day you buy it. You'll spend that in your first year to make it more "yours".

Quick Reply: Price check on a S Cab