Sponsored by:

Price check on a S Cab

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2019, 10:42 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 1,035 Likes on 556 Posts
Default Price check on a S Cab

I just want to run a price check by you guys. Its a 2013 S cab with a pretty high MSRP and 17k miles. Silver with manual trans, Sport exhaust, 18 way seats, and full leather. Lots of little extras. This is a private sale with the 2nd owner with his maintenance records. I have spoken to the selling dealer who assured me all maintenance was up to date until 10k when it was sold. Front bumper is a little rough and will probably need a respray (just chips etc). I could live with the bumper the way it is.Tires are newish and the wheels are in great shape. 40k maintenance is due based on time. I know opinions are all over the place on "time" maintenance. The biggest expense seems to be having the plugs done with it. I was having the plugs changed with the PPI if no major issues were found with it at that time. The car had a minor issue with 2 ticks on a range 4 over rev which I have been assured is a non issue by a couple of Porsche service departments and a couple of engine guys opinions I trust. It has been over 450 hrs since the event.

I like the car and the seller seems genuine. I don't mind overpaying a little bit and have seen the opinion that $1k or so isn't worth haggling over for the right car. I think I agree with this. I just don't want to overpay a lot. I don't want to post the price because no matter what the price is, someone will say its too much. I'm looking for realistic prices and to see if it's in line with what the seller is asking. I'm including the build sheet to give some context. It to me is a great build and has everything I'm looking for (except for an exotic blue which are few and far between).

I found some pics and posted them below in post 18.

Thanks in advance,

Last edited by Prairiedawg; 10-01-2019 at 11:48 PM.
Old 09-29-2019, 11:04 PM
HkPlinker
Three Wheelin'

Received 141 Likes on 107 Posts

I would still pay for the PPI and a DME (over-rev) report. What is the price? Oh, and yes, that is a huge MSRP !
Old 09-29-2019, 11:08 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by HkPlinker
I would still pay for the PPI and a DME (over-rev) report. What is the price? Oh, and yes, that is a huge MSRP !
Yes, for sure. scheduling a PPI this week. I have seen a current DME and its fine except the tiny range 4, over 450 hours ago. Yes, huge MSRP. Both the seller and I couldn't figure out how you pay that much for a car without a clear bra of some sort. What kind of salesman sells one without??
Old 09-30-2019, 12:03 AM
drcollie
Rennlist Member

Received 4,355 Likes on 1,526 Posts

$ 65K to $ 80K. Without photos, who can say.

Plug are so easy to do in this car. Two hours tops. And that's with a beer break of 30 minutes.

BTW, I never put that plastic clear stuff on my cars, can't stand it. Had it on an Aston Martin I bought and peeled it off. To each his own.
Old 09-30-2019, 12:10 AM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by drcollie
$ 65K to $ 80K. Without photos, who can say.

Plug are so easy to do in this car. Two hours tops. And that's with a beer break of 30 minutes.

BTW, I never put that plastic clear stuff on my cars, can't stand it. Had it on an Aston Martin I bought and peeled it off. To each his own.
Agreed. I have seen the car in person and the paint is fine except for the front bumper cover. Not a deal breaker and I could live with it. I was having the plugs changed because I was going to have the bores scoped during the PPI. Overkill? Maybe, but it was only a few bucks more to change the plugs.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:08 AM
Tbounds
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Without pictures not sure about pricing but with it being a 2013 the 40 k mile service is due , but also serpentine belt due to age is due and one other thing . They fall under the Years due service which I think is 6 years best done at 40k service . The other thing has to do with manual transmission
Old 09-30-2019, 04:32 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tbounds
Without pictures not sure about pricing but with it being a 2013 the 40 k mile service is due , but also serpentine belt due to age is due and one other thing . They fall under the Years due service which I think is 6 years best done at 40k service . The other thing has to do with manual transmission
Yes, I get it about the pictures. I have pics of the car but they were sent to me by rhe seller and I'm not comfortable publishing his pictures without permission. As far as I could tell its in excellent shape as one would expect 17k to be. I figured most people could do the math based on the build sheet.

I'm not sure I follow you on the manual transmission issue.
The following users liked this post:
PorscheMeister42 (11-29-2019)
Old 09-30-2019, 04:45 PM
drcollie
Rennlist Member

Manual trans cabs are in low demand, most every cab buyer is PDK. I was told at one time 94% of all Cabs are PDK. That can mean a manual one is really rare - OR - really hard to sell, depends on how you spin it.

My cab is a manual, btw, and it sat on the dealer lot for 14 months because of that, and that meant I got a crazy good deal on a brand new car.
The following users liked this post:
Drtsk (10-06-2019)
Old 09-30-2019, 09:18 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Well, hopefully I'm not making a big mistake.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:26 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,413 Likes on 2,516 Posts

How many Range #3 over-revs?
Old 09-30-2019, 09:30 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LexVan
How many Range #3 over-revs?
32 range 2
8 range 3
2 range 4

All 460+ hours ago
Old 09-30-2019, 09:33 PM
drcollie
Rennlist Member

You’re not making a mistake if it’s a manual trans you want.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:46 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by drcollie
You’re not making a mistake if it’s a manual trans you want.
No, I don't think I am but learning what you told me was a bit alarming. I'm not buying the car to make money by any means, but if I had to sell it I don't want to take a bath. It seems like a nice car with a good maintenance history and checks all the boxes I'm looking for. I just didn't realize how much a disadvantage it can be for a seller and how few are/were made. Must be the wife/chick factor. My wife just accepted the fact that she has to learn to drive a manual again. Wasn't too hard after I explained these aren't the same as the POS cars she drove in high school. I drove manual transmissions years ago and am looking forward to it.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:59 PM
Tbounds
Racer

What I meant was at the the 6 year service there was serpentine belt change and something to do with manual transmission cars maybe flush of hydraulic fluid for slave cylinder not sure look it it up on service manuals
Old 09-30-2019, 10:02 PM
Tbounds
Racer

I have a PDk cab and I love it and so does my wife . I have had a manual earlier and younger , I loved it but with the pdk it’s so easy . Most cabs are not tract cars and is more of a cruiser in my opinion the pdk is awesome in the sport mode . I would not go back to manual. Jmho

Quick Reply: Price check on a S Cab