Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DME report/ over revs

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2023, 09:02 PM
Andy U
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Reviving an old thread to hopefully add confirmation of this issue and save someone from the crazy stress I just went through.

I just had a PPI done and the report came back with only 6 ticks in Over rev range 1 @6962.35 h. All other ranges show 0 ticks. I was happy at first and wasn't surprised because I don't think the current owner of 7 years (2013 991.1 Manual) doesn't drive nearly as hard as I did during the test drive. I think I may have put those 6 ticks on the car.

Then I started thinking of almost 7000 hrs on a 30k mile car. No way! I'm thinking changed out electronics, disconnected odometer, etc but the condition of the car is like new.

The report I received is an Autologic Quick Test Report. No statement of total hours anywhere in the report. If I take the hours of the Rev 1 and move the decimal, I get ~696 hrs which makes a lot more sense. I'm going to assume the number of tics is accurate and not indicative of shenanigans.

Hope this helps someone...someday.
Cheers!
Old 02-07-2023, 10:02 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 2,063 Likes on 975 Posts

Kudos for reviving an old thread and adding substance that can help others in the future

I am with you on your assumption and looks like you found a car with clean DME

Quick Reply: DME report/ over revs