Sponsored by:

rear wheel offset check (pic)

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2019, 12:33 AM
koven
Rennlist Member

Received 322 Likes on 172 Posts
Default rear wheel offset check (pic)

i installed some hre flowform wheels in their recommended size/offset but i feel like the rear (20x11 +60) is almost too aggressive. what do you guys think? i have a .2 nb, maybe i need 295 tires instead of 305 or more camber, im worried about it hitting the fenders

Old 09-04-2019, 12:40 AM
*991*
Rennlist Member

Received 205 Likes on 108 Posts

Rock chips also
Old 09-04-2019, 12:51 AM
ShaunP
Racer

Received 167 Likes on 92 Posts

i'm running 20x11 + 55 on a narrow body. i had to size down to 295's or i was getting some rubbing.
Old 09-04-2019, 12:52 AM
koven
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by *991*
Rock chips also
yeah.. i am just confused, i dont have any spacers, others pics ive seen dont poke out this far i think
Old 09-04-2019, 12:53 AM
koven
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ShaunP
i'm running 20x11 + 55 on a narrow body. i had to size down to 295's or i was getting some rubbing.
do you have any angle pics of your rear fit? i am thinking thats what i need to do as well
Old 09-04-2019, 01:10 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,309 Likes on 609 Posts

Originally Posted by koven
i installed some hre flowform wheels in their recommended size/offset but i feel like the rear (20x11 +60) is almost too aggressive. what do you guys think? i have a .2 nb, maybe i need 295 tires instead of 305 or more camber, im worried about it hitting the fenders

Looks like 991.1 rear wheels on a 991.2.

Been there, done that with the BBS FI-R. The rears looked exactly like this. They wanted me to try Pirellis, as their sidewalls angle in more than Michelin P4S, so I did. It didn't help enough. Had to send the FI-Rs back. To date, Tire Rack has not fixed this in its fitment guide. Just my take, but I wouldn't risk your paint...
Old 09-04-2019, 01:11 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

The relevant thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1106...-2-wheels.html
Old 09-04-2019, 01:38 AM
koven
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stout
Looks like 991.1 rear wheels on a 991.2.

Been there, done that with the BBS FI-R. The rears looked exactly like this. They wanted me to try Pirellis, as their sidewalls angle in more than Michelin P4S, so I did. It didn't help enough. Had to send the FI-Rs back. To date, Tire Rack has not fixed this in its fitment guide. Just my take, but I wouldn't risk your paint...
Well I wish I saw that thread sooner, I've had a few HREs sets on past cars w/o issue so kind of assumed HRE would recommend the correct fitment and didn't really go that deep in research. Should I even bother trying a 295/30 downsize? Maybe I will just put my stocks back on, call it a lesson learned, and go w/ a custom forged set? I also doubt they'd take back mounted wheels.. how annoying.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:13 AM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 132 Posts

Well I wish I saw that thread sooner, I've had a few HREs sets on past cars w/o issue so kind of assumed HRE would recommend the correct fitment and didn't really go that deep in research. Should I even bother trying a 295/30 downsize? Maybe I will just put my stocks back on, call it a lesson learned, and go w/ a custom forged set? I also doubt they'd take back mounted wheels.. how annoying.
My 2c is the vendor should rectify or shame on them for not knowing their business.

Based on the visual poke in your pics it doesn’t seem that 295’s will fix the issue. Also going 295 is the wrong direction from a performance standpoint. Even with 305s on my stock GTS I struggle for grip from a standing start (not launched), so I would love to increase my contact patch.. no way I would sacrifice and go smaller.

Wish you luck in getting this resolved. Also I’m really looking forward to checking out your in the flesh, the pics with the Techart trim look awesome. Congrats
Old 09-04-2019, 02:15 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Yeah, that's why I did the thread, but also the problem with threads—they drop off. Maybe that one should be a sticky? If nothing else, please post your photos on that thread, along with your experience. It would be good to prevent others from the (expensive) hassle you and I have gone through.

As for your situation: While I too view mounted/balanced/fit wheels & tires as non-returnable out of fairness to wheel/tire companies, my take is a little different on this one: If you provided all of your car information correctly, and if a wheel maker/retailer said these wheels would work on your car and they clearly won't, that shouldn't be on you.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:16 AM
BIGWORM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,057 Likes on 532 Posts

I’d contact HRE directly. Ask them about this. Show them your pictures. Make sure whoever sold them to you; sold you the correct wheel.

THAT looks like some serious “poke” to me. That sucks man. id be pretty upset myself.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:24 AM
ShaunP
Racer

Received 167 Likes on 92 Posts

do you have any angle pics of your rear fit? i am thinking thats what i need to do as well
ill grab some tomorrow and post them for you
Old 09-04-2019, 02:35 AM
koven
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ShaunP
ill grab some tomorrow and post them for you
thank you!

Originally Posted by BIGWORM
I’d contact HRE directly. Ask them about this. Show them your pictures. Make sure whoever sold them to you; sold you the correct wheel.

THAT looks like some serious “poke” to me. That sucks man. id be pretty upset myself.
quite anticlimactic to say the least, i will reach out to the vendor first and see if they can help me

Originally Posted by Ecosse911
My 2c is the vendor should rectify or shame on them for not knowing their business.

Based on the visual poke in your pics it doesn’t seem that 295’s will fix the issue. Also going 295 is the wrong direction from a performance standpoint. Even with 305s on my stock GTS I struggle for grip from a standing start (not launched), so I would love to increase my contact patch.. no way I would sacrifice and go smaller.

Wish you luck in getting this resolved. Also I’m really looking forward to checking out your in the flesh, the pics with the Techart trim look awesome. Congrats
thanks my friend, in retrospect i feel like im being punished for not splurging on custom forged wheels but i suppose hindsight is 20/20, i do like the flowform designs just too bad its not working out

Yeah, that's why I did the thread, but also the problem with threads—they drop off. Maybe that one should be a sticky? If nothing else, please post your photos on that thread, along with your experience. It would be good to prevent others from the (expensive) hassle you and I have gone through.

As for your situation: While I too view mounted/balanced/fit wheels & tires as non-returnable out of fairness to wheel/tire companies, my take is a little different on this one: If you provided all of your car information correctly, and if a wheel maker/retailer said these wheels would work on your car and they clearly won't, that shouldn't be on you.
i wont get my hopes up but i agree and will try to push them on this, wish me luck. and yeah, i am surprised this type of issue/thread hasnt popped up more often. my alternative was the vorsteiner vff-101, i wonder what their offset for the 991.2 is, or if anyone has actually got .2 'off-the-shelf' offsets right, .2 has been out for almost 3 years now i mistakenly assumed it was a non issue especially from HRE..
Old 09-04-2019, 05:31 AM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 1,009 Likes on 600 Posts

I am running 20x11.5 ET53 on my car and don't get that poke with Michelin PS4S 305's and I have perfect fitment, no rubbing. I have a 991.1 Carrera S.

Old 09-04-2019, 06:14 AM
koven
Rennlist Member

^ that fits nice. it seems .2 hub sits further out so needs a higher offset. if anyone has a top down angle pic of their aftermarket .2 offsets thatd be helpful, or even stock rears w/ spacers.

i also noticed for HRE's FF04 design their rear is 20x11 +65 but for FF01 it's 20x11 +60. I bet +65 would fit much better for .2 since it looks like im poking out about 5mm basically.

Quick Reply: rear wheel offset check (pic)