Antigravity Batteries Labor Day Sale!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2019, 05:05 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,014 Likes on 571 Posts
Default Antigravity Batteries Labor Day Sale!

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to be sure to let you all know about the great specials we'll be running this weekend. Whether you're on the hunt for a new battery for your Porsche, maybe a motorcycle, ATV, or any other vehicle, or if you've been looking to get a Micro-Start jump starter for a little added security, we've got you covered! Coupon codes listed below.

Old 08-30-2019, 09:59 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 332 Likes on 190 Posts

I picked up an H7 40Amp Hour and a Ctek charger for the lithium-ion battery. Thanks for the post and the discount. The Re-Start technology is a game changer. Thanks for your help Scott.
Old 08-30-2019, 10:04 PM
koven
Rennlist Member

Received 322 Likes on 172 Posts

How do we know if H6 or H7 is the right battery? What's the difference?
Old 08-30-2019, 10:07 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by koven
How do we know if H6 or H7 is the right battery? What's the difference?
Scott’s reply to that very question......

Every Porsche 911 since 2000 takes one of three batteries.... but ALL those Batteries fit in every 911. And sometimes Porsche used 2 of those batteries in the same years and model cars...

So according to my fitment Catalog the battery for your year and model 911 is the H7 size (aka Group 94r). Which is a size we stock. And it is available in the 40Amp Hour model Capacity.....

But with that being said you can also use our H6 size... which is the exact same WIDTH and HEIGHT as the H7 model... but 1.5" shorter side to side (length) measurement. Because as I said above ANY of the H sizes (H6, H7, H8) all fit in any 911. So if you wanted to go with the H6 size you could use that size and have the option of going down to the 30Amp Hour MOdel which will save you a little money, and a little more wieght. The 30Amp Hour model should in most cases be fine for you car unless you have extra accessoreies like Camara or radar detectors which tend to draw alot of energy fromt he battery when you park the car. So if you don't have extra accessories the 30Ah model would be fine. If you have some extra accessories the 40Ah is probably the better choice being it has more "capacity"/Amp Hours.

Hope that wasnt' confusing.. below is that info in a nutshel.

H7 size is only available in 40Ah
H6 size is available in 24Ah, 30Ah, 40Ah
Both models fit in your car fine, the H6 is the same as H7 exactly.... except for being 1.5" less long from left to right measurement but you just move your "mounting cleat" for your battery one bolt hole smaller and it bolts right in.
The following 2 users liked this post by Al.Fresco:
koven (08-30-2019), RS911 (08-31-2019)
Old 08-30-2019, 10:09 PM
koven
Rennlist Member

Received 322 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Al.Fresco
Scott’s reply to that very question......

Every Porsche 911 since 2000 takes one of three batteries.... but ALL those Batteries fit in every 911. And sometimes Porsche used 2 of those batteries in the same years and model cars...

So according to my fitment Catalog the battery for your year and model 911 is the H7 size (aka Group 94r). Which is a size we stock. And it is available in the 40Amp Hour model Capacity.....

But with that being said you can also use our H6 size... which is the exact same WIDTH and HEIGHT as the H7 model... but 1.5" shorter side to side (length) measurement. Because as I said above ANY of the H sizes (H6, H7, H8) all fit in any 911. So if you wanted to go with the H6 size you could use that size and have the option of going down to the 30Amp Hour MOdel which will save you a little money, and a little more wieght. The 30Amp Hour model should in most cases be fine for you car unless you have extra accessoreies like Camara or radar detectors which tend to draw alot of energy fromt he battery when you park the car. So if you don't have extra accessories the 30Ah model would be fine. If you have some extra accessories the 40Ah is probably the better choice being it has more "capacity"/Amp Hours.

Hope that wasnt' confusing.. below is that info in a nutshel.

H7 size is only available in 40Ah
H6 size is available in 24Ah, 30Ah, 40Ah
Both models fit in your car fine, the H6 is the same as H7 exactly.... except for being 1.5" less long from left to right measurement but you just move your "mounting cleat" for your battery one bolt hole smaller and it bolts right in.
Thank you
Old 08-31-2019, 01:03 AM
Paliknight
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Any of the antigravity batteries have a larger capacity than the stock 991.2 batteries?
Old 08-31-2019, 09:53 AM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Paliknight
Any of the antigravity batteries have a larger capacity than the stock 991.2 batteries?
The 40Ah batteries (H7 or H6) have 1500 cranking amps (more than your OEM battery) and in the H6 size, you can get a 60Ah that has 1800 cranking amps.

Old 08-31-2019, 10:34 AM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 635 Likes on 346 Posts

I want want it so bad, but I just cannot justify $830 for a battery. Even with the $130 discount its still more than double the price of stock battery.
Other than a weight savings, it really brings little more to the table than a stock battery. I still want one though

When these batteries get to the $500-600 range I think they will get a bigger market share. 50% more expensive than stock is high, 125% more than stock is too much, IMO.
The following users liked this post:
Porsche_nuts (08-31-2019)
Old 08-31-2019, 10:45 AM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
I want want it so bad, but I just cannot justify $830 for a battery. Even with the $130 discount its still more than double the price of stock battery.
Other than a weight savings, it really brings little more to the table than a stock battery. I still want one though

When these batteries get to the $500-600 range I think they will get a bigger market share. 50% more expensive than stock is high, 125% more than stock is too much, IMO.
I struggled with that also, but rationalized it by telling myself it was likely $70 more a year over the batteries life to gain the re-start peace of mind. I drive my 2014 year around, and knew I needed a new battery before the winter, so the discount helped to justify the add’l spend.
Old 08-31-2019, 01:31 PM
Paliknight
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Al.Fresco
I picked up an H7 40Amp Hour and a Ctek charger for the lithium-ion battery. Thanks for the post and the discount. The Re-Start technology is a game changer. Thanks for your help Scott.
Did you have to do any coding? Or plug and play?

Contemplating the large capacity one for my TTS
Old 08-31-2019, 03:07 PM
PTGFAR
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I got the H6 40 amp hour during the previous sale. I did not get any coding done. I don't know if there are going to be any long term effects but there seems to be no problems now. It was plug and play except that I had to reset my driver's window. It could be because I left the window partially open during the change.

Also got the battery tracker. It's a cool device that doesn't cost much. Over time it will let you monitor changes in battery performance and hopefully give you an indication when you need to replace the battery. You can take screen shots on your phone to save so you can make comparisons over time.
Old 08-31-2019, 03:23 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 302 Likes on 182 Posts

I feel your pain, but as crazy Porsche fans we spend how much more for the Carrera T that is what? 40 lbs lighter. Or 9k for PCCB brakes?
The following users liked this post:
JPSimpson (09-02-2019)
Old 09-01-2019, 12:25 AM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks Fresco,

I see you were answering the questions for the Rennlisters while I wasn't here... and doing it great! Thank you I appreciate it.
Old 09-01-2019, 12:48 AM
NCS911
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Super nice light batteries!
Old 09-01-2019, 03:22 AM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I fully understand your perspective. And please make sure you understand I am not posting this now so that you buy our battery now. I posting so when/if you do choose to buy Lithium you will see where this market is really at, and our relationship to cost, and technology, in relation to our competitors in this "niche" marketplace for Lithium.

So in regards to pricing, we have a Competitor in this market that is more known on the Road Racing side than we are, Braille Batteries. ...Now look at the pricing on their batteries compared to ours. Their lowest priced OEM style Car Battery i34RX is $1099 dollars.... but that battery only has 26 Amp Hours, and no Battery Management System at all, so it is completely unprotected. So you could get our top of the line H6-40-RS Battery with a full BMS, 14 Amp Hours MORE than the Braille, and WIRELESS JUMP-STARTING for $270 dollars LESS money, and if you include our sale it's about $350 dollars less! But now check their i34RS 50Amp Hour Battery, it cost $2299.00 dollars! That is $1470 MORE than our 40Amp Hour Battery. Or $1300.00 dollars MORE than our 60 Amp Hour Model! You could buy 2 of our 60Amp Hours Models for the price of ONE of their 50Amp Hour Models. We are over HALF the price of Braille and utterly demolish them on the battery features, technology, quality and pricing. and we give 10 more Amp Hours with our 60Ah battery compared to their 50Amp Hours.. So RELATIVE to that cost we are an incredible value. But I will flat out say they are on the Crazy Train with their pricing. Its utterly not even reasonable or logical. $2200 for 50 Amp Hours of Lithium without any BMS or any technology? Just cells directly wired to the Terminals.

So yes our battery can be considered expensive, but relative to others in the industry, and our margin its not really. We have actually lowered the Lithium Battery price point significantly while putting some ground breaking technology into place. You should also check the Volt Phreaks or Lithium Pros websites. They are both other companies doing Lithium Auto Batteries. Volt Phreaks and Lithium Pros do have a BMS, so that is good, but they are also quite a bit more expensive, and they do not offer the WIRELESS JUMP STARTING or the varied OEM sizes we offer.

I'm doing sort of a Marketing rant because I want people to understand relative to others in the Industry, we are very inexpensive, and offering more in value. Additionally relative to lead/acid batteries the value is absolutely there. I'm not balking or trying to get you to "believe" this. Its just a fact. The lifespan of lithium will be from 8-10 years. Lithium is rated at TWICE the discharge and recharge cycles compared to lead/acid, and with a BMS that controls and keeps the Lithium batteries from being damaged, and in their optimum state of operation you have a built-in system that keeps the battery within certain parameters creating safety and longer life. So whereas a Lead/Acid battery can accidentally be discharged and damaged, our battery would put itself to sleeps before it can get to a point of being damaged. Then you can wake it up WIRELESSLY with a Keyfob and Start the car and drive away. You don't even have to ever touch or look at the battery, just press a Keyfob and start the car. Then add the fact that our battery also won't leave you stranded or needing a jump starter or an AAA truck to come assist you, that itself is a dramatic value in itself. Last if you actually need to reduce the weight in a massive chunk this battery does it more dramatically than any other product. A Header I think can lose about 17 pounds... but 30lbs and these extra features of built in Jump Starting are BIG benefits on one 15 minute swap anyone can do.

The following 2 users liked this post by Antigravity:
jwr9152 (09-01-2019), matttheboatman (09-02-2019)

Quick Reply: Antigravity Batteries Labor Day Sale!