Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2019 | 12:04 PM
sheik_djibouti
Track Day

Test reply..
Old 07-28-2019 | 12:21 PM
sheik_djibouti
Track Day

(Sorry for the radio silence- I tried posting a reply the other day and said it was being reviewed by mods but I guess my permissions are now active)

RL,

Thanks so much for the great comments!

Originally Posted by jlee504
I did the same thing. My targa gts should be here this week!
This is great- what a pleasant surprise

Yes, the Touring is a special car, but that new toy glow wears off quick when it doesn't get driven much at all. And I'm going to avoid trying to pitch my Touring in this thread, but its a unique Special Wishes example that stickered at over 200k, and if it doesn't sell locally I'll most certainly list it here (with a premium).

Probably the biggest point here is the rear seat space- I actually didn't know it was smaller than the coupe. If I can't put car seats back there I'm out of luck.

Does anyone here have any direct experience putting child car seats in the back of a 991 Targa?

As for other options, YES- this spec would be getting RAS, FAL and PDCC as well

And yes, Bob Z. you are correct that I'm looking for a MT/drop top that I can daily with car seats.

Superdog, what a beautiful spec... is that the Night Blue Metallic? That's currently one of my top two choices
Old 07-28-2019 | 02:03 PM
Georgemaser
Instructor

I went from a 2018 991.2 TTS to a 2019 991.2 4gts and I can’t believe how much I like the 4gts more. The TTS was super fast but I was going 100mph before the fun set in. The exhaust note is so much better on the gts. The TTS wooshing sound of the turbos drove me crazy. I love the sound of the gts and it doesn’t have much turbo sound to me. I drove the gt3 and it was great as well but I am not a fan of the spoiler and didn’t want a manual for more then 20 minutes. Again, this is all about personal preference but the smile doesn’t leave my face when I am driving the gts! Good luck with your decision and purchase.
The following users liked this post:
sheik_djibouti (07-28-2019)
Old 07-28-2019 | 02:32 PM
JSETarga
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sheik_djibouti
Does anyone here have any direct experience putting child car seats in the back of a 991 Targa?

:
I use booster seats, but I imagine a car seat with a narrow base would fit.
Old 07-28-2019 | 03:29 PM
lbcgolf
Racer

I had a Diono Radian RXT in the back of my cab, but my girl outgrew it (as installed in the back of my cab) by the time she was 2.

The challenge is not only to find a seat with a narrow base that fits back there but one with a relatively thin back cushion, because otherwise the it moves the child forward against the back of the front seats and thus giving them no leg room.

Awhile back I got a Ride Safer harness for traveling, so she could ride in the back of a cab or Uber, along with an inflatable booster seat. I found that this setup also works well in the back of the 991. Daughter has all the legroom she needs back there and the front passenger is also happy because you don't need to move the seat all the way forward to create space for her.
Old 07-28-2019 | 04:35 PM
rockrdude
Burning Brakes

Not a done deal, but after a lot of soul searching, this is my current plan.

My beautiful Special Wishes Touring sits under it's cover all the time, roaring to life only in brief spurts, while I usually find myself in a pickup truck shuttling my kids around. I'm probably going to pass on my 718 GT4/Spyder allocations because they are not what I was hoping they would be, and they don't address the underlying issue of not being able to get around with my kids who are still in car seats. My dealer still has a Targa allocation, and while I've always thought the Targa to be the ugliest of the 991.2 offerings, the more I considered my situation, the more I realized that a manual Targa GTS would check a lot of boxes for me. When viewed through daily-driver goggles, the Targa suddenly starts looking more and more attractive and I'm finding myself constantly on the configurator...

If I follow through on this plan, I'm looking at a '19 Targa GTS in Manual with PCCBs and 5 lugs. Aftermarket-wise I'm interested in a Sharkwerks sports exhaust.

For you Targa GTS owners out there...

What are the best and worst options and/or aftermarket upgrades you've selected? And do any of you wish you went the GTS Cab route instead?

Thanks in advance for sharing.

s_d
I wanna see pics of that GT3
Old 07-28-2019 | 06:10 PM
aduong
Intermediate

(Sorry for the radio silence- I tried posting a reply the other day and said it was being reviewed by mods but I guess my permissions are now active)

RL,

Thanks so much for the great comments!

This is great- what a pleasant surprise

Yes, the Touring is a special car, but that new toy glow wears off quick when it doesn't get driven much at all. And I'm going to avoid trying to pitch my Touring in this thread, but its a unique Special Wishes example that stickered at over 200k, and if it doesn't sell locally I'll most certainly list it here (with a premium).

Probably the biggest point here is the rear seat space- I actually didn't know it was smaller than the coupe. If I can't put car seats back there I'm out of luck.

As for other options, YES- this spec would be getting RAS, FAL and PDCC as well

And yes, Bob Z. you are correct that I'm looking for a MT/drop top that I can daily with car seats.

Superdog, what a beautiful spec... is that the Night Blue Metallic? That's currently one of my top two choices
I have a 4& a 6 and they both fit in the back and don’t mind being there with the wind rush and experience. I have a Cosco child seat and the other just sits inside. Since I need to spend time with them on weekends and run errands it is the best of both worlds. I have been wanting a gt3 for a while but know I can I not drive it on just weekdays to work.

the tArga sillouhette is the best of both worlds without being totally exposed like a cab. It needs to make practical sense unless you can just Have a car to look at. The. You should buy a Ferrari.
Old 07-28-2019 | 06:13 PM
rockrdude
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by aduong
I have a 4& a 6 and they both fit in the back and don’t mind being there with the wind rush and experience. I have a Cosco child seat and the other just sits inside. Since I need to spend time with them on weekends and run errands it is the best of both worlds. I have been wanting a gt3 for a while but know I can I not drive it on just weekdays to work.

the tArga sillouhette is the best of both worlds without being totally exposed like a cab. It needs to make practical sense unless you can just Have a car to look at. The. You should buy a Ferrari.
is there a way to bring the seat forward faster? those electronic switches take forever
Old 07-28-2019 | 06:29 PM
aduong
Intermediate

I have the 18 way. If you know they are going to be in the back, it is set that way for the weekend. May take 15-20sec max. You Ll live. Then weekday if I have someone tall in the front I just move it back. My wife leaves us alone and gives her a break when us 3 go in a drive. The boys love the car.

The following 4 users liked this post by aduong:
Papa Fittig (07-28-2019), Pure745 (07-28-2019), rockrdude (07-28-2019), sheik_djibouti (07-28-2019)
Old 07-28-2019 | 06:32 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Nice, but your spoiler is up, and kids are touching the car.
Old 07-28-2019 | 06:56 PM
aduong
Intermediate

LOL, depending on my mood the spoiler goes up. My kids touch and break everything. Karma’s a b...!. That’s why the Porsche works and Ferrari doesn’t right now. It’s been bullet proof!
Old 07-28-2019 | 08:57 PM
Pure745
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Nice, but your spoiler is up, and kids are touching the car.
Bob strikes again!!!!! I'm going to start a spoiler up thread
Old 07-28-2019 | 09:06 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pure745
Bob strikes again!!!!! I'm going to start a spoiler up thread
Please don't!
Old 07-28-2019 | 09:24 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Spoilerphobia: An extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to manually extended spoiler(s). Cure: Manually raise the spoiler and drive for 20 minutes or more daily. Warning: May cause rectal bleeding and/or sudden death. Ask your doctor if it’s right for you. FYI, I don't drive around with it manually raised and I don't have spoilerphobia.
Pure745 (07-28-2019)
Old 07-28-2019 | 09:33 PM
Psorcery
Banned

It really does raise on it's own at around 20-30mph... It stays up too for cooling. It looks manually raised.

The spoiler topic is truly a psychological wonder. The spoiler button should read "synapse disruption".
Pure745 (07-28-2019)

Quick Reply: Selling my GT3 Touring for Targa GTS...