Sponsored by:

Window sunshade

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2019 | 04:23 PM
Class5Kayaker
Pro

Originally Posted by Hurricane
I'm very happy with mine...
LOL....I've got the same one. Did you name your car Sally? As soon as I showed up at home with mine my daughters declared my car's name was "Sally Carrera."
Old 07-23-2019 | 05:05 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Originally Posted by Class5Kayaker
LOL....I've got the same one. Did you name your car Sally? As soon as I showed up at home with mine my daughters declared my car's name was "Sally Carrera."
My daughter calls it Sally.
Old 07-23-2019 | 09:12 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I stopped by the local Porsche dealer and they had the sun shade for the 991. Super thick and rigid so when you unfold it in really stays flat and covers the whole windshield better than the 2 circle style or 2 squares that collapse. Much better execution than the auto parts stores accordion versions too. Comes in a pleather sheath that really won’t be used regularly. The Porsche crest is black and gray which is nice and low key. Seems like the previous version had a gold crest. Overall good value.

https://www.getporscheparts.com/oem-...rera-pna505991

Old 07-23-2019 | 09:31 PM
scottlma
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jack F

I stopped by the local Porsche dealer and they had the sun shade for the 991. Super thick and rigid so when you unfold it in really stays flat and covers the whole windshield better than the 2 circle style or 2 squares that collapse. Much better execution than the auto parts stores accordion versions too. Comes in a pleather sheath that really won’t be used regularly. The Porsche crest is black and gray which is nice and low key. Seems like the previous version had a gold crest. Overall good value.

https://www.getporscheparts.com/oem-...rera-pna505991

I’ve been calling around looking for the black one - which is apparently the old version. Thanks for the lead on this - I’ll be calling them in the morning to confirm they still have the black ones and ordering.
Old 07-23-2019 | 11:58 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by scottlma
I’ve been calling around looking for the black one - which is apparently the old version. Thanks for the lead on this - I’ll be calling them in the morning to confirm they still have the black ones and ordering.
Just to clarify, I bought mine from my local dealer. It is not the dealer associated with get Porsche parts.com . Check amazon since Porsche of conshohocken sells them and the Q&A stated that a few,people got the black and silver and not the colored crest.
Old 07-24-2019 | 12:01 AM
scottlma
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jack F
Just to clarify, I bought mine from my local dealer. It is not the dealer associated with get Porsche parts.com . Check amazon since Porsche of conshohocken sells them and the Q&A stated that a few,people got the black and silver and not the colored crest.
Was that the dealer you obtained yours from ?

Quick Reply: Window sunshade