Sponsored by:

Battery alligator clips for hood release

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 02:09 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 331 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity
For Jump Starting the the smallest I'll usually go on a car is the XP-3 but the XP-10, which is part of the sale this weekend, covers everything!
Micro-Starts
I used my XP-10 (which I store on the floor behind my passenger seat) to jump start a buddies riding lawn mower a couple weeks back. Handy to have around for many uses.
The following users liked this post:
Antigravity (07-26-2019)
Old 07-26-2019, 02:24 PM
Klepper
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 138 Posts

I put one of these on my cars and run it out of the cowl by the wipers. Simple, cheap. I can then hook up to it with my battery charger or other power source to pop the frunk:

Amazon Amazon
Porsche_nuts (07-26-2019)
Old 07-26-2019, 02:37 PM
DaveGee
Rennlist Member

Received 476 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Class5Kayaker
Alligator clips in the frunk won't help you access the frunk with a dead battery!

I did a mod to my wheel liner to have the emergency access cable accessible without removing the tire and wheel well liner. I used a 9/64" drill bit for the hole. In the first pic I've circled two "indents" in white. You can see where I drilled my first hole, but I ended up needing to shift it to where the green circle is. The second pic shows you the cable itself circled in green. After drilling the hole in the liner, just re-install the liner and feed the cable through. Once it's all buttoned back up, no one has any clue that the cable is there (you'd have to know where to look and shine a light in the wheel well to see it). You can access it with the tire still mounted (I have 20" wheels, but I'm not lowered) and grab the cable and pop the frunk.

But what about theft?? The worst case scenario is someone knows this cable exists, then they check to see if you've actually done this mod, and then they pop your frunk and can steal something from inside the frunk. If you have battery power, as soon as the frunk is popped using the cable, it sets off the alarm though.
This is one of the most useful posts I've seen on RL in a long time. Thank you C5K!

DaveGee
Class5Kayaker (07-29-2019)

Quick Reply: Battery alligator clips for hood release