Sponsored by:

"High Mileage" break point?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 09:20 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,365 Likes on 2,308 Posts

Originally Posted by rockrdude
These cars are meant to be driven. The day I worry about putting miles on a car is the day I put that car for sale. The biggest hit you take on a car is when you buy it new, when it is used and well maintained you are actually getting pretty good value for your money. Life is too short to worry about that. buy a car you like and you can afford and enjoy every minute of it.
And I still bought my car new/ordered since I could not find anything I liked after looking for months, which is what the OP should do. And I do not mean order a new one, I mean keep looking since you said it is not your dream car.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:00 PM
cpbmd
Rennlist Member

Received 213 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by rockrdude
These cars are meant to be driven. The day I worry about putting miles on a car is the day I put that car for sale. The biggest hit you take on a car is when you buy it new, when it is used and well maintained you are actually getting pretty good value for your money. Life is too short to worry about that. buy a car you like and you can afford and enjoy every minute of it.
I have put 7000 miles on my 2013 C2S sine April; 17,700 miles on the clock as of tonight. . I am driving it as much as possible. Bought a rack for bikes and skis. Rain shine or snow will not stop me. I might be dead tomorrow. I am driving it like I will be. I have actually noticed that the engine seems smoother when I hit 15,000 miles last month.

CB.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:54 PM
AnandN
Rennlist Member

Received 365 Likes on 239 Posts

To the OP: if it is not your ideal car then is it worth spending 92k on it and worrying about resale? Personally I wouldn’t because soon after purchase ( maybe less than 6 months) I would be looking to trade it in for something I really want. Not worth it IMO.
Old 07-18-2019, 02:26 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,177 Likes on 433 Posts

msdunkel, given your comments above, I’d hold out for what you really want, that 718 Spyder. I watched a Carfection video last night that was a walk around of the new 718 GT4 and Spyder with Henry Catchpole and that senior Porsche engineer from their GT division. Very interesting and enjoyable. He said that while 2019 allocations may have sold out, there will absolutely be allocations for 2020 and potentially for 2021 too. Sounds like they plan on building a lot more 718 GT4s and Spyders than they did with the last versions. I know from my own experience that if you rush into your first Porsche purchase or compromise, then you’ll regret it and suffer financially when you trade in soon afterwards. Good luck with your decision, and as with all of us on here, it’s a nice problem to have.

Quick Reply: "High Mileage" break point?