Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone live near Austin Porsche, looking for a set of critiquing eyes.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2019 | 09:25 PM
mammothcar1
Rennlist Member

Default Anyone live near Austin Porsche, looking for a set of critiquing eyes.

I think I found a car, but would appreciate a set of discerning eyes since I can't go see the car.
I live near DC, so I'll be shipping the car.
It would be greatly appreciated if someone close to Austin Porsche wouldn't mind taking a swing by.
Also, if anyone has feedback about Austin Porsche, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Feel free to PM, I'd be able to make a contribution for your time.
Old 07-09-2019 | 11:59 PM
porshanut
Instructor

Which one are you looking at? I’ll be back in a week and a half and would be glad to check it out. You can pm me for anything further.
Old 07-10-2019 | 10:09 AM
saeyedoc
Pro

They've had some problems in the past with shady practices if you search on here, but that was when they were under the prior owners I believe. I bought my '13C2S from them 2 1/2 years ago, it turned out whoever serviced it (I think it was there), broke a strut in the rear that caused the brake light that comes on when the spoiler is up to fail. Luckily, my local dealer stepped up and got it fixed under CPO. I bought my wife's Panamera there a year ago with no issues and they were nice enough to send a loaner car to San Antonio while they were prepping her car for CPO since her car had been totaled and she had nothing to drive, they even had the car delivered to us, I did go up a few weeks prior to check it out and do the paperwork. I would consider an independent PPI.
Old 07-10-2019 | 10:23 AM
LexVan
Banned

Sorry. I misread the title.:

Old 07-10-2019 | 11:07 AM
mammothcar1
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the replies and offers.
We decided to pass on the car. After sleeping on it last night, I just didn't get that good feeling about this dealership and car.
Maybe it's all in my head, but just a couple of small red flags, that in the grand scheme of things,
shouldn't happen when spending 100 grand on a car.
There are plenty of cars out there with plenty of dealers happy to take my money.
The search continues, thanks again.
Old 07-10-2019 | 02:03 PM
Paliknight
Racer

Originally Posted by mammothcar1
Thanks for the replies and offers.
We decided to pass on the car. After sleeping on it last night, I just didn't get that good feeling about this dealership and car.
Maybe it's all in my head, but just a couple of small red flags, that in the grand scheme of things,
shouldn't happen when spending 100 grand on a car.
There are plenty of cars out there with plenty of dealers happy to take my money.
The search continues, thanks again.
I’m working with Jordan out at San Antonio Porsche. Fantastic dude, former marine, and very to the point. Just tel him what deal you’re looking for and he’ll tell you if he can do it or not. PM me if you want his details.

Quick Reply: Anyone live near Austin Porsche, looking for a set of critiquing eyes.