Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 Carerra 4 GTS purchase - looking for advice...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 02:01 PM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by *991*
Its PDK trans so over revs should not be an issue
No kidding. Some of the stuff you read on here...I could get more accurate info from my 8-year old!
Old 07-09-2019, 02:18 PM
phefner
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 421 Posts

OK smart guys, riddle me this then; if its not an issue in a PDK equipped vehicle, why is it part of the check list for a CPO?
^Scratch that.
Re-read the GT3 report I've been looking at and found this:

"Porsche dealers are advised to disregard over rev data on all PDK and Tiptronic Transmissions when assessing a car for warranty provisions."

There is more, a lot more on revs and other opinions on the data out of the cars ECU. Go to 911virgin.com if you want more.

Clearly dawgs 8 yr old should be posting and advising, not I.

Last edited by phefner; 07-09-2019 at 03:21 PM.
The following users liked this post:
*991* (07-12-2019)
Old 07-09-2019, 03:47 PM
EdwardNR
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your advice folks.

I'm not as familiar with warranty norms in North America but it sounds like you have significantly longer new and used warranties than I have seen in Europe. UK is 3 years new and 1 used, Sweden is 2 years new and I think Germany is the same. Plus having moved from the UK to Sweden I have had to accept the differences when it comes to consumer power, largely from it being a country of less than 10m people. I did push the dealer today and his response was that they don't do the official 111 point test and add the extended warranty on any cars of this age / still under new warranty. He has assured me that they put the car through a rigorous series of checks that are in line with the Porsche 111 point ones, plus I still have the option to extend the warranty myself if I want to.

And if there's anything at all wrong I can always walk away from the deal or ask for additional discount to cover the ext warranty.

I will look into a PPI, see if there's anyone in Stockholm who can do it.

Cheers

Edd
Old 07-09-2019, 05:30 PM
rockrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 379 Likes on 213 Posts

Beautiful car congrats. However I agree with most people here, CPO is a must for an older Porsche sold by a dealer. other than that I'm a bit suspicious of the front respray... usually dealers shy away from repainting parts of the car because even if it's just rock chips, it makes it look bad for the record and raises flags (was the car hit in front and needed a new bumper?), I would ask more questions about that. A front respray could mean nothing but I would just dig deeper.
Old 07-09-2019, 05:39 PM
EdwardNR
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I will certainly be inspecting the paint very carefully as when I originally heard they were re-spraying it I was worried about paint matching etc - especially with Carmine given how expensive a paint it is.

I have asked to view the car in their indoor collection room which is nice and bright (their new 3rd Porsche Center in Stockholm) so I can inspect it in detail.

It's featured in this Janko Lind video:
and looks like a decent one.

Will definitely ask the questions and inspect the front rads as they could add to the story.

Quick Reply: 991.2 Carerra 4 GTS purchase - looking for advice...