Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cobb Protunes Available at Vektor Performance

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 02:51 PM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Received 354 Likes on 222 Posts

If anyone is interested in having a Cobb Protune we will have JR here Nov 25th and 26th. Fee free to PM for more information.
Old 02-11-2020, 02:48 PM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

JRTuned will be here again at the end of March. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you'd like to arrange for a Pro-Tune. Appointments tend to fill fast this time of year.
The following users liked this post:
GT3FZS (02-11-2020)
Old 02-11-2020, 07:45 PM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,797 Likes on 898 Posts

Any remote options?
Old 02-11-2020, 09:43 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,434 Likes on 2,348 Posts

Originally Posted by Ksdaoski
Any remote options?
The closest thing is buying a Protune that was already developed on a car that is the same as yours with similar mods.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:31 AM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Any remote options?
We can remote in our tuner to here, but he does not street e-tune. You may be able to find tuners that do.

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
The closest thing is buying a Protune that was already developed on a car that is the same as yours with similar mods.
If it's a pre-made tune it's not a pro-tune, it's a generic tune for whatever mods you have. Having the car in front of the tuner and optimizing for the car's specific variables is always going to give the best and most reliable gains.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:36 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

True, but a Pro Tune made for someone else's car put on a different car with similar mods is still a Pro Tune to me.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:44 AM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,797 Likes on 898 Posts

Originally Posted by VektorPerformance
We can remote in our tuner to here, but he does not street e-tune. You may be able to find tuners that do.
Thanks for confirming, yes was hoping for a street tune, but can probably find a local shop with a dyno for a remote tune
Old 02-12-2020, 09:48 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Thanks for confirming, yes was hoping for a street tune, but can probably find a local shop with a dyno for a remote tune
Try Jeff at BBi Autosport since they were the ones who told me about Pro Tunes that they have developed for other cars: sales@bbiautosport.com
Old 02-12-2020, 10:21 AM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

True, but a Pro Tune made for someone else's car put on a different car with similar mods is still a Pro Tune to me.
Variations in fuel quality, oil type, engine wear (compression and leak-down values), oil type and viscosity (and condition), mod design changes/revisions that may have occurred since the development car map was made, and so on. Compensation tables will handle a lot of the environmental variables, but there are still the install variables and errors. Not to mention the troubleshooting aspect of having the tuner in the car having the additional feedback from sound and feel to follow it the data. If the BPV clamp is leaking (ours was not installed correctly from the factory) you have a boost leak that for the most part can go undetected if you just load a map and go. Same holds true for a pre-turbo gasket leak; it might not be something you hear, but a tuner will see variances in WG duty cycle outside the norm that leads to detecting the issue and getting things right.

To me a Pro-Tune is putting that knowledge and expertise IN your car. it's not just modifying timing fuel and boost tables, it's knowing the health of the engine is good, responding as intended, and optimizing for power. If you optimize for power without the other two you are making compromises that put you outside of what you're paying for with a Pro-Tune.

Again... it's a get what you pay for world. Some people care about all those variables and some could care less. With the costs involved with this platform (and repairs), I'm more than happy to pay extra and know I'm not making any compromises in power and risking longevity. My opinion is obviously not shared by everyone, it's just mine. Otherwise $199 Ebay Porsche headers wouldn't exist as one size fits all tunes
Old 02-12-2020, 10:26 AM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

We can't do that here. A 4th gear pull on the street puts you well into 'go to jail' territory here in VA
Omega4 (02-12-2020)
Old 02-12-2020, 10:29 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

I understand what you are saying but I am just throwing out an option for someone that asked. More people are running OTS tunes (Stage 1 or 2) and the vast majority are happy with the results so for most a Pro Tune is not needed. I actually thought about getting a Pro Tune and talked to several tuners, of which a couple are within an hour from me, and the more I have driven my car since installing the OTS Stage 1 tune the more I do not think a Pro Tune is worth it.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:31 AM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

I understand what you are saying but I am just throwing out an option for someone that asked. More people are running OTS tunes (Stage 1 or 2) and the vast majority are happy with the results so for most a Pro Tune is not needed. I actually thought about getting a Pro Tune and talked to several tuners, of which a couple are within an hour from me, and the more I have driven my car since installing the OTS Stage 1 tune the more I do not think a Pro Tune is worth it.
The opinion you're giving others is based on you not having or compared an OTS map to a Pro-tune. "Worth it" is completely subjective based on what one's priorities, application, and goals. OTS maps certainly provide power enhancements over stock, but it's not the same as a Pro-Tune. If there were no benefit to Pro-Tunes, there would be no market for them and/or it would be reflected in the feedback on forums and social media.

The point of this thread wasn't to get the attention of the majority who are happy with the OTS map they have, or direct to other cheaper alternatives, but for those looking for more.
LargePuppy (02-12-2020)
Old 02-12-2020, 11:43 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

I had a Pro Tune on a past Porsche so I do have some experience with them and I still say that the average owner will be happy with OTS tunes. High end car owners tend to throw money at a lot of things that result in negligible improvements (I have!) and after a couple weeks of driving the improvements are even less noticeable. Are there owners that want to extract every last bit of available power? Sure there are, and for those folks a Pro Tune may be worthwhile and it seems you are one of the go to places for those that want all that can be had.
Old 02-19-2020, 05:56 PM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

We have tuning dates for the end of March and a couple slots still available. Please PM with any questions you may have or to sign up.

Old 02-19-2020, 08:24 PM
Tanner991
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 34 Posts

Do Cobb tunes still require you to send in your ECU?

Quick Reply: Cobb Protunes Available at Vektor Performance