Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Introduction, Some Questions and Maybe Answers

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2020 | 03:08 PM
Rich_Jenkins
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CSK 911 C4S

BTW I see in the picture you are missing a rubber grommet.
Yep!

I did end up getting a couple at Sunset Porsche as replacements. For anyone else who is missing those, this is the part I ordered; fit is perfect.

"Side Cover Grommet - Porsche (997-110-239-00)"

https://www.sunsetporscheparts.com/o...m_campaign=map

The following users liked this post:
CSK 911 C4S (02-16-2020)
Old 08-23-2021 | 08:46 AM
Rich_Jenkins
Rennlist Member

FWIW I thought I would update my thread after two years of ownership with a kinda sorta annual report.

Car was purchased new August 2017, so this will be for years 1 through 4, plus a bit of 5. I'm the second owner, just over two years. As far as I know, it was a lease car in New York. I bought it from the selling dealer in Long Island June 2019.

I keep tabs on the car in my own custom spreadsheet I developed on my BMWs in the 00's called "Simple Automotive Asset Manager". It is multitabbed, with logs/sheets for tracking and computing service predictions, tires, fuel, expense and activities, and operating costs. I'm sure many of you all do the same.

Car is now at 31,289 miles. MPG average (actual gallons / actual miles) is 24.3 mpg. I just entered "Year 5" and transitioned out of the OEM 4 year/50K warranty into the "CPO" 2 year/unlimited mileage warranty period. Looking at just Service and Repair (service = planned, repair = unplanned), assuming year 5 continues (and I don't have any further planned maintenance until an OCI next Feb, so this will be close), the average annual cost to maintain the car is $1,037.

Expenses this year were the front brake pads and rotors ($772, DIY), a new Duracell AGM battery, ($188, DIY), spark plugs ($636, dealer), and the engine air filter ($606, dealer). I'm caught up on all maintenance items for the "30K" service; my local dealer (Suncoast Porsche Sarasota) did my inspection and stamped my service book free of charge when they put the filter in. I think the box of Dunkin' Doughnuts I left on the seat for the guys helped.

The car had two unscheduled service visits for warranty repair items this year, both N/C:

- Sunroof Window Shade Roller Blind (Mar '21)
- Engine compartment deck lid gas struts (June '21)

Things are looking good, service wise. Tracking several items but nothing near term is coming due. Just the normal oil change interval next Feb. I already have the oil, filter, and Blackstone kit from before. I even bought some more M1 5W-50 on sale at NAPA at their crazy low price they offer sometimes.

Counting fuel, service, and repair, I'm running about $0.26 cents per mile.

I had them save the engine air filter from the replacement. Sucker was pretty dirty:

New Duracell I bought was a 92Ah, a bit bigger than the 80 Ah Banner OEM that was in the car.

Still love driving the car.

The following users liked this post:
BSO (08-24-2021)

Quick Reply: Another Introduction, Some Questions and Maybe Answers