Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gtechnik praise and question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2019 | 11:16 AM
Peter80
Instructor

Default Gtechnik praise and question.

I’ve had numerous previous cars ceramic or some nano-technology coated and always considered it a waste of money as a highly profitable upsell by the dealers on an expensive car that should have it as standard. Except it’s been wrapped up in the deal and significantly discounted so I’ve gone along. Current Porsche bought 13 months ago when 17 months old was g-techniked. Absolutely brilliant, water just runs off and shine is still great. I still have to use the ‘quick detailer’ solution for a few water marks. It is metallic black! But now I’ve even eliminated that by using a bucket of softened water to rinse after first hosing off the suds with hard water.

My question is, after a year. I figured it would soon need replenishing, don’t believe the claim about years and years. So, I bought the weaker liquid crystal for self-application as a recommended top up on the original crystal serum. Today I washed the car as above, rinsing with softened water, and it’s absolutely stunning. Should I bother applying the liquid crystal yet? Will it, in fact, remove the original superior coating and be self-defeating?

Old 06-23-2019 | 12:08 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Off the top of my head, Moe Mistry would be the proper person to answer you question. Am sure he will pop in and give you an answer.
Old 06-23-2019 | 04:19 PM
mikeearly
Pro

Originally Posted by Peter80
My question is, after a year. I figured it would soon need replenishing, don’t believe the claim about years and years. ....
I can't answer the "year and years" yet but I can say that the GTechniq that was put on my car 4 years ago is still doing the job just great. It does get babied when it is washed but the finish is still fantastic!

Quick Reply: Gtechnik praise and question.